• Politics are not permitted. There's plenty of places to discuss that elsewhere, and a hot pepper forum is not the place. Thank you for respecting the community!

off-topic Good Mornin' Thread - For those that get up really early and post

No wings last night, grocery store was sold out :mope: had steak salad. Wife and I are riding in the Green swamp with O.M.S. this morning. Not sure anything else is going on? Probably just end up chilling and relaxing. Will have to wash both bikes but thats about it. Decided yesterday that I will be doing a 50 mile walk at the end of February. Most ive ever done was 38 and I was in pain so I cant wait to suffer. Going to be a great time. Yall behave and have a great day. Good morning.

Good morning. It's overcast and 31F, on its way to 46F. Chance of showers. Got wrapped up in making beef jerky yesterday. Hadn't made any in a while, so it was time....and time consuming. Still need to take down Xmas lights - maybe tomorrow, ha. Today is a chill day. Maybe a little garden planning, then NFL this afternoon. Hope everybody has a peaceful and restful Sunday. Be safe out there.

Good "Red Sunday" morning! It's 13 (-11c) on its way to 19 (-7c). The windchill is -4 (-20c). Cloudy and frigid. Got some office work to do this morning then watching NFL this afternoon. Not going up to Arrowhead. It will be better to watch from the comfort of home. Got a hankerin' for a big pot of chili. Maybe have a nice fire in the fireplace. Not much else is going on today. Be safe and be good.

Good morning. Cloudy, -6 to 10F (-21 to -12C). No plans for walking outside today though I have to let the neighbors dog out 3x. Monday errands, coffee group, then more receipts to go through. Nice to have the fireplace warm us up a bit.
Have a great Monday. It was a memorable January for a change, with so much snow.

Last edited:
Good morning. It's 12F (-11c) on its way to 20F (-7c). Another cold day. Stayed up too late last night. I'm getting around a little slow this morning. Working in the basement office and then taking it easy. Maybe a WM run later. Be safe and be good.

Sure don't like the sound of all that bitter cold in the middle today. Means it'll be here in a few days. Currently it's overcast and 42F, on its way to 56F. Supposed to stay cloudy all day. We've got some errands to run this morning, then maybe try to get those @#$% xmas lights off the house, lol. Hope everybody has a marvelous Monday. Good Morning!

Morning all,

My mum passed away this Sunday. It was so unexpected and it all went so fast, but I am more than grateful that I got to spend the last few days with her. ❤️

The last two days are a blur. I went home yesterday and will be going to her home again for today and will be staying there this week. My peppers will take fhe backseat for now, that'll come again in due time. I've been reading your posts on here though, ecery now and then, whenever I needed some distraction. Thanks for that.

I'll be mostly under the radar for a while.

Guys, go spend time with family and friends. Share some peppers with your loved ones, then share some more. Make new memories. Life is precious. 🤗

Morning all,

My mum passed away this Sunday. It was so unexpected and it all went so fast, but I am more than grateful that I got to spend the last few days with her. ❤️

The last two days are a blur. I went home yesterday and will be going to her home again for today and will be staying there this week. My peppers will take fhe backseat for now, that'll come again in due time. I've been reading your posts on here though, ecery now and then, whenever I needed some distraction. Thanks for that.

I'll be mostly under the radar for a while.

Guys, go spend time with family and friends. Share some peppers with your loved ones, then share some more. Make new memories. Life is precious. 🤗
Sorry for your loss :-(

Sorry for your loss Ratatouille. It's 8F (-13c) on its way to 22 (-6c). Still friggin' cold. Drove into the office this morning. I'm planning on working here until around noon and then heading back to the farm. I'll probably make a Trader Joe's stop on the way back. Not much else is going on. Be safe, be good and be blessed.

Good morning. Heartfelt hugs for Ratatouille. It’s never easy to lose a cherished family member. Know that we’re thinking of you.
The sun is finally shining with temps 2-30F. The end of a snowy January, with a blanket of white on the lawn most of the month. I’m starting to get canning stuff cleaned and ready even though that won’t start until May with rhubarb. I’ll be busy with gardening stuff by then and won’t have the time as I do now.
Have a wonderful day. Take time to share your life and activities with family.

So sorry to read of your Mom's passing @Ratatouille. My thoughts and prayers are with you.

Cloudy and 38F, on its way to 42F. Calling for scattered showers today. Don't need to be outside today because I got the Christmas lights down off the house yesterday. Yay! Here, it is the end of a snowLESS January. We haven't had any measureable snow at the airports so far this winter. In fact, they're saying this was the 3rd warmest January on record. Sure didn't seem all that warm. Hope everybody has a terrific Tuesday. Good morning!

Last edited:
Morning all you lovely pods, rise and shine!

It's an early morning for me today. I'm getting ready for a shower and then I plan on a long walk outside. Let's see if I can clear my head.

Lot's of little tasks to get done today for the funeral tomorrow. I'll tick them off one by one.

The weather seems nice today, not to shabby. Spring is still hiding though. But hey, January has finally ended after 150 days! 🥳 I can almost see March lurking around the corner!

Morning chickens, hump day is here and January is banished - yayayayayayyyyyy
Weather dull but not so cold as it was.
Day off today and I haven't decided what chaos to cause.
Have a good Wednesday chilli heads, keep warm, calm and smiley - whatever shit is thrown at you :D

Back