• Politics are not permitted. There's plenty of places to discuss that elsewhere, and a hot pepper forum is not the place. Thank you for respecting the community!

off-topic Good Mornin' Thread - For those that get up really early and post

Good morning. It's 70F (21C) on its way to 90F (32C). Another rinse and repeat day. We didn't get the pop-up T-Storms yesterday but they're back in the forecast for later today. When I'm in doubt .... I plant tomatillos, okra, cilantro or potatoes! Whatever you do, do not plant Jerusalem Artichokes šŸ˜”! I've got one meeting mid-morning and then I'm planning on mowing. The grand kiddos are here .... so there will be lots of pool splashing and screaming going on. Grilling sausages or I might pick up some BBQ this evening. We'll see how it goes. Be safe and be good.

Good morning. It's sunny and 69F, on its way to 89F - real feel 95F. I guess June equals Summer, ha. Got a few things done in the garden yesterday - mostly maintenance type stuff. I didn't want to plant anything with this heat coming today. Supposed to cool back down next week. Speaking of BBQ, we're heading out today for our first comp of the season. Hope everybody has a great weekend. Be safe and have fun out there.

Morning chickens, the weekend is here at long last, it's been a long long 4-day week :lol:
Hot and windy out there with no rain forecast for about 10 days. Looks like we're going to have to water sometime soon.
Charity quiz and curry night tonight and I've got some catering to sort out for that.
And that's about it so far.
Have a good Saturday, keep cool, calm, pain-free and smile :D

Good morning. Rain. I havenā€™t had to water the gardens this week, just hoping the hail stays away. I have 2 tomatillos ready for Chuck to plant in his garden - I should offer them to my garden nemesis at the CG. Thatā€™s another story . . . Iā€™m hoping to get things planted at daughterā€™s place if the rain stops. Not much, but will eventually look nice.
Have a great weekend. Stay hydrated and healthy. Pay it forward. Hugs to Ratatat.

Good morning. It's 71F (22C) on its way to 89F (32C). Didn't get any rain yesterday. Hit-n-miss PM showers forecasted today but it looks like it might go too far west. I will have to water the garden tomorrow if it doesn't rain today. Not much on today's schedule .... probably run a few errands. Harvested the first tomato and the first jalapenos yesterday. Also have been picking strawberries everyday for the past couple of weeks. Looks like the asparagus is about done. The beans, beets and corn are up. That's about it. Not sure what's on the evening menu .... we've still got one of the grand kiddos here so I expect something for her. Beverages later on. Be safe and be good.

Good morning.

I hope my brother Sic is doing well. Wishing much needed serenity to him and his family.

Coffee is first thing. Probably second and third as well. 53 this morning. Rain has passed and clouds. Coffee is hot this morning and song birds are practicing as we speak. Just another beautiful morning on the porch. Itā€™s weird. Growing up, everyone was in the porch in the morning or evenings. Iā€™m the only one in this subdivision. Some people walking dogs in the evening, but other than that itā€™s the Walking Dead here. ā€œThe internet rots your brainā€ a spin off on ā€œDonā€™t tell mom the babysitters deadā€. That fine by me. Iā€™ll enjoy the serenity with no interruptions.

Morning all - I'm a tad head hurty this a.m., quiz was a huge success and a lot of money was raised :dance:
course partying comes at a price, I shall be having a quiet day today.
BBQ and beer then a nap.
Have a good Sunday, keep cool, calm, pain-free and smile :D regardless of hangovers

Good morning. Glad Sic is home safe and sound. Sounds like Tinker had a great time fundraising.
The rain. Another week of it. Big picnic is planned for today so we will be grilling, and enjoying everything inside. Even the mountain areas have snow. Tough to be a gardener in CO this year. Good thing is our reservoirs are getting full and I donā€™t need to water the gardens yet.
Have a great rest of the weekend. Enjoy the outdoors. Pay it forward. Hugs to Ratatat.

Good morning. No hangovers here! It's 65F (18C) on its way to 91F (33C). Pop-up storms in the forecast but again it looks like most of the activity is to the west. Having to water the garden today. This year, we are watering the garden earlier in the season than we've ever had to. Catherine .... looks like you guys are getting all the rain. The WX pattern has definitely changed. We either get no rain or torrential deluges ..... nothing in-between anymore. Not sure what I've got going on today. Trying to keep up with the watering I guess. Got a tri-tip out for later today. Not much else is going on. Beverages later on. Be safe and be good.

Last edited:
Good morning.

Glad you made it back Sic.

Where is Ratatouille? Hope all is well.

Beautiful sunshine today. Colorado river is full. Has been for weeks. All the water goes to California, Arizona and Nevada for the most part. Our reservoir is full. Itā€™s been going over the spill way I hear.

Listening to music and having some porch coffee. I have a few hummingbirds. Females. Iā€™ve had my feeders up since the last freeze. Also have a few hanging baskets of flowers they seem to enjoy.

Need a new weed trimmer. Iā€™m sick of messing with it every year. Hey Sic, what you suggest. This is a Stihl.

Have a good day you all.

Chuck I suggest a stihl but any brand is decent. Just get it from a mower shop and get the best homeowner version of a commercial model if its in your budget. And if your budget allows go full commercial. Bent shat are junk no matter what brand and Ryobi and that level just are not good and are not going to be user friendly. What Stihl model and how old is it?​

Full day of mowing, 30 mobile homes and the common grounds at park. Uncle Bens which is a 4 hour stop then 2 houses with decent sized yards that are right across from each other. Water heater went out last night while I was in the shower hopefully its a element and not a full swap out. Cold showers until wednesday when I have time to really look at everything. Wasnt what I wanted to come home to but whatever. Got 32 plates hung up, need another 50. Terrible picture but yall get the point. Have a great day and good morning.
20230604_134001.jpg

Last edited:
Good morning. It's 67F (19C) on its way to 88F (31C). Another day of heat and pop-up T-Storms that rarely seem to happen for our location. Not much going on today. The garden is watered and weeded. Not much left on the list for the garden ..... just maintenance now. Probably run a few errands today. I haven't been asked to get anything out of the freezer so I suspect there will be no grilling this evening. Should be a mellow day. Be safe and be good.

Good morning. It's sunny and 50F, on its way to 78F. Pretty day. This whole week is forecast to be sunny and in the 70's. That will be excellent! Back home from the BBQ event. I had some excellent Q, and some works-in-progress Q, lol. But all in all, it was good stuff. Some old friends that were a cook team came out of retirement and competed. Spent a little too much time with them afterwards. Had a headache Sunday morning, lol. Anyway, today I hope to spend some time in the garden. Still rows to prep and plants to plant. Plan to be done with it this week. Hope everybody has a marvelous Monday. Be safe and have fun out there.

Good morning.

Going to look at trimmers. I donā€™t have a real big yard anymore. I donā€™t need anything crazy. I just want something that will last.

Sic, my trimmer is a straight neck land long. Lol ! StihlFS55R. I think itā€™s the coil. It does have spark, but it doesnā€™t fire. Not even on starting fluid. Checked the cut off switch to make sure it wasnā€™t grounding out somewhere. All is fine. Only thing I can think is week spark. I reset the air gap and cleaned the Magneto. Nothing. Donā€™t know if itā€™s worth taking it in to the dealer. Itā€™s always a new carb or something and $150 bill. Thinking of getting a new one and when Iā€™m not frustrated, Iā€™ll get some parts from eBay or Amazon and fix and sell to recoup my money. Itā€™s a damn good trimmer. New carb last year and has been running great this year until it hasnā€™t. By the way your barn looks good. I found another plate. Iā€™ll send more when I get a pile.

Have a good day you all.

Morning all - Tuesday is here with its hot and windy temps.
Veg garden is doing well as long as it doesn't get any hotter and we have rain within the next week - not asking for much am I?
Off to work today.
Fishfinger wrap is on the menu for tonight - my favourite.
Have a good 'un - keep cool, calm, pain-free and smile :D

Chuck I spend around $400.00 on a trimmer and use the piss out of it for 3 or 4 years then just toss it. Should last you the rest of your life,lol. I bet the biggest difference is mine never sit more than a week even in winter, everything keeps moving. Another day of mowing but only 11 yards and its really not that bad. One stop is 4 yards and takes like 67 minutes. Yall have a great day and good morning.

Back