• Politics are not permitted. There's plenty of places to discuss that elsewhere, and a hot pepper forum is not the place. Thank you for respecting the community!

off-topic Good Mornin' Thread - For those that get up really early and post

Good Tuesday morning. Somehow yesterday’s news stayed in limbo. Think I finished planting the CG with a few of the leftovers - broccoli and 2 tomatillos, just for spite. The leftover tomatoes went to hopeful gardeners with more space than I have. Now if the rain would slow down, I might have a garden.
We did make strawberry rhubarb jam yesterday, time to pick more of the giant plant for more delicacies.
Dr. appt., a few errands, then much weeding after all of the rain. Purslane and bindweed have been thriving. Time for a mulch layer.
Have a great day. Enjoy the outdoors, pay it forward. Hugs to Ratatat.

Good morning. It's mostly sunny and 56F, on its way to 81F. Breezy this afternoon with smoke expected from Canada. Air quality will be poor. Sure wish it would rain on our friends to the North. Did some maintenance stuff in the garden yesterday. Errands and Dr. appt today. Hope to get down to the garden and plant some things later. We'll see. Hope everybody has a terrific Tuesday. Be safe and have fun out there.

Good morning. It's 66F (19C) on its way to 89F (32C). No chance of rain. Yesterday, fixed a few pieces of the garden's irrigation system that had sprung leaks. Running some errands today. Mowing and trimming this afternoon (that will consume at least 4 hours of my afternoon). Cheesesteaks and beverages this evening. BTW: I use nothing but Stihl on the farm. I get at least 10 years out of a trimmer. We have Stihl gas trimmers, chain saws, pole saws, blowers, backpack sprayers and hedge trimmers. My wife has her own set of Stihl rechargeable tools and she loves them too. The local farm store gets all of our Stihl business and they have a nice shop if repairs are needed. Be safe and be good.

Last edited:
Good morning.

Bought a trimmer. I’ve had the old trimmer for about 10 years. It was a friend of mines I acquired when he sold his house, and he bought it used at a yard sale. Got a lot of use out of it and was running strong until the other day. The new one is alright. Got it on sale for $199. FS-56. They said they are not taking in any new repairs this year. They are swamped for the year. They didn’t have to many choices of trimmers. Probably because they’re not taking on any more repairs.Lol

Got my reverse osmosis system hooked up yesterday. No more going to the store. Plants will love it.

Have a good day and enjoy.

Morning all - Hump Day is here and it's another hot one - weather breaks on Friday with rain and storms, thank goodness.
Catching up day for me, with some successive planting to do and household chores.
Have a good Wednesday, keep calm, cool, pain-free and smile :D

Same Harry, everything but back pack blower. I hate the way the Stihl looks and Ive always thought they were a little louder than other brands. Use Echo for that. Wife has all her mini versions also, she runs around in her little work boots with her clipboard,lol. I think you will be just fine with your new trimmer Chuck. One small job this morning then I will start looking at the water heater, figured this one is 7 years old which it seems like i replaced it just yesterday. Should also last longer than 7 years? if it was up to me i would just have cold water but wife thinks we should have hot, so I better get that hot water figured out,lol. Hope Rat is doing good. Have a great day and good morning.

Good morning. It's hazy and 54F, on its way to 77F. Pretty day except for the Canadian smoke. They say it should enhance both sunrise and sunset, so there's that. Didn't make it down to the garden yesterday. Today I hope to make good progress. Trying to finish the planting this week. Last of the parts for the drip system should arrive today. Then I'll work on that. My brother gave me a Stihl chainsaw for my birthday several years ago. Best chainsaw I've ever used. Hope everybody has a wonderful Wednesday. Be safe out there and have fun.

Good morning. Dry day yesterday, the storm went east and shook their rafters with larger hail. I’d better finish putting up hail protection over the plants ‘cuz I know hail will be arriving here some time this month.
Downriver, when CO had wildfires in 2021, the sunrises were a beautiful red, you just couldn’t breathe outdoors without that horrible taste in your mouth. Be careful.
Have a wonderful day. Stay safe and healthy. Hugs to Ratatat.

Good morning and happy hump day. It's 67F (19C) on its way to 92F (33C). Another repeat day. Hoping to get in on some of those pop-up T-Storms this afternoon. If we don't get rain today, I'll have to water the garden tomorrow. Mowed my dust and weeds yesterday. It's very dry. We've got that Canadian Wildfire smoke here too. Very pretty sunrise ..... orange and red. Got some minor work in the garden this afternoon. I need to tweak a few things on the watering system. Not much going on this morning. My wife has to run to the city this afternoon. I'll be on my own. I've received no instructions on this evening's menu .... I think I heard something about BLTs :). Not much else is going on. Be safe and be good.

Morning chickens - Thursday is here with its hint of weekend.
Cooler day today, storms and rain forecast for tomorrow - yay!
Veg patch watered already, need to do some sorting out of peppers - does this never end? - and some re-potting.
Out to lunch with friends later.
And that's it for today.
Have a good Thursday, keep calm, cool, pain-free and smile as always :D

Well we got hot water again. Was a problem with a TECO box that burnt out. Broke it open and by passed it. We havent had TECO power in years as they dont serve this area anymore but never unhooked there stuff, so I did. I have several things I need to take care of today. Wifes birthday is coming up and she wants some olive and some other trees so going to look into that. Im also looking at buying a electric guitar so probably going to look into that even harder,lol. Brother starts his radation today so prayers for his peace. Have a great day and good morning.

Last edited:
Good morning. Rain forecast, dry here so we could a few things done outside. The cat will be happy looking for that elusive garter snake. Her feast of Miller moths has migrated elsewhere, though she is still ready to find the strays.
Prayers for Sic’s brother starting radiation.
Have a great day. Stay safe and healthy. Hugs to Ratatat.

Good morning. It's 72F (22C) on its way to 82F (28C). Cloudy and much cooler .... rain in the area but it looks unlikely for here. Watering the garden this morning. Running errands late morning. Grilling burgers this evening. Beverages later on. Be safe and be good.

Good morning. It's hazy and 56F, on its way to 75F. Pretty day except for the Canadian smoke...again. No relief until Sunday they say. Got several plants in the ground yesterday. Only two trays of stragglers left. Something keeps eating my cucumber seedlings right after they sprout. Have planted twice now. I think it's either crickets or pill bugs. Grrr. Need to prep a few more rows today. Also need to start working on drip setup. I think that'll keep me busy. Prayers for Sic's brother. Hope everybody has a terrific Thursday. Be safe out there and have fun.

Good morning.

Peace for brother Sic and his family. Glad you got hot water for Sonya before you were in hot water. Lol Don’t go cheap on the guitar. You only live once and this is reason you work so hard so you can enjoy the time when not working. That’s my philosophy.

Trying to finish started projects.

Made a portable carrier for my Reverse Osmosis set up I got. Also got a rain barrel connection for a trash can I bought so I can hook up my garden hose to it. It holds the waste water from the RO system. I have a 110 70psi pump with a pressure cut off sensor. Now I can use the waste water for watering my lawn other landscape plants.

Setting up a three bucket DWC today. Then I can box up all the Aerogarden stuff.

Working on lean to and organizing garage.

Pretty easy day.

Plants are listed forsale and dealing with plenty of flakes.

Pot roast tonight.

Hope you all have a great day!

Morning all - Friday is here at last with its promise of rain and thunderstorms and much lower temps, 24C bliss.
Got a lot of chasing around to do today, starting with a blood test, oh joy.
I have cakes to bake and pepper plants to pot on and feed.
Plus work this afternoon, it's going to be busy.
Have a good Friday, keep calm, cool, pain-free and smile :D

Thanks for all the well wishes for my brother, he needs them. I hear you Chuck about enjoying life and not going cheap. I plan on getting something decent just not positive on what yet. Ive kinda got my eye on a Shecter reaper 6, ill find a picture. Got the wife her trees yesterday, lowes was out of olive so i need to find a couple of them. But she got a grapefruit, lemon, fig and guava. Small job this morning then mowing the lawn and a couple more chores. Have a great day and good morning.
received_1212443096124193.jpeg

Last edited:
Good morning. We got a bit of rain last night that makes today comfortable. We have a yearly picnic later this afternoon, so the rain will probably find us there. Coffee group this AM, a few errands, then playing in the garden. It’s been quite nice not to have to water most things.
Have a wonderful Friday. Prayers for Sic’s brother. Hugs for Ratatat.

Good morning. It's 66F (19C) on its way to 85F (29C). No rain and light winds. Errands this morning and relaxing this afternoon. I'll cut some lettuce, swiss chard and pull some radishes sometime today. Lots of green peppers and tomatoes out in the garden but nothing for harvesting. The sweet corn is almost knee high and the potato plants are massive this year (I wonder if that's any indication on yield .... probably big plants and no tubers!) Got onions out there that are approaching tennis ball size. Grilling and beverages later on. Be safe and be good.

Good morning. It's hazy and 59F, on its way to 71F. Pretty day except for the smoke. Yesterday the smoke was really bad. Hopefully there's some improvement today. Decided to recover a couple of fallow rows of arched cattler panel bean trellis yesterday. Turned out to be more of a job than I thought. Hope to finish today. Also prepped another row - hope to plant another dozen peppers. Have a few errands to run first, so don't know how much we'll get done in the garden today. I don't know anything about guitars Sic, but that sure is a looker. Hope everybody has a freaky good Friday. Be safe out there and have fun.

Last edited:
Back