• Politics are not permitted. There's plenty of places to discuss that elsewhere, and a hot pepper forum is not the place. Thank you for respecting the community!

off-topic Good Mornin' Thread - For those that get up really early and post

Morning all, the weekend is here at long last.
Storms and rain forecast for yesterday did not appear, we have the same forecast for today, I'm not getting excited about rain yet.
Wedding to go to this a.m., just the civil ceremony then party tonight.
In between times I shall be checking up on the peppers and tomatoes and watching MotoGP qualifying.
Have a good Saturday y'all - keep cool, calm, pain-free and smile :D

Good morning. Dry for a few day, though quite windy. CG this morning as I haven’t been for awhile and need to weed and fertilize the tomatoes and peppers, and fill in gaps where the beans need a bit of help. Funeral this afternoon, then History Vault has something new to watch.
Have a great weekend. Prayers for Sic’s brother and hugs to Ratat.

Good morning. It's 66F (19C) on its way to 80F (27C) ..... cooling down a bit with some sprinkles in the area. Better chances for rain later today. We need it for sure! No weddings, baby showers, parties, lunches, dinners, grandkids or funerals. Running errands this morning. Watching the Champions League final this afternoon and headed to the SKC match this evening. Be safe and be good.

Good morning. It's sunny and 61F, on its way to 82F. Air quality has improved to "FAIR", so there's that. Should be a nice day. Forgot I had some mowing to do yesterday. Hit the garden afterward and got a few things done. Always more to do. Probably hit it again today. Hope everybody has a super Saturday. Be safe and have fun out there.

Good morning.

Nice guitar, Sic. My friend is a guitarist. He has a few of those guitars. Cant remember what models. He also has a BC Rich and USA fender and couple others if I remember correctly. He’s in Louisiana. He’s a musician, Im not. Just mess with the bass and acoustic guitar. My joints in my fingers hurt these days. Plus I don’t drink. Was a lot of fun when I drank. Lol

Nothing planned today. Haven’t slept well all week. Falling asleep around 1am or later and waking up around 6ish everyday. I’m one of those persons that can’t sleep over to daylight out. I’ll eventually get a good nights sleep.

Have a good day y’all

Morning all - hope you're all feeling fine and dandy this a.m.
Weather is much cooler today, but still none of the promised rain or thunderstorms.
Lots of fun and games at the wedding yesterday and a rather late night for us. Easy day today.
Mr Tink is firing up the bbq for lunch and I'm marinading nicely. MotoGP later and maybe a cheeky nap.
Have a good Sunday, keep cool, calm, pain-free and smile - you know you want to :D

Good morning. It's 67F (19C) on its way to 73F (23C). Very cool. Rain in the area but NOT here. Drought conditions remain but hopefully we get some showers today. Dull, dark and dank outside. Not much going on today. Probably watch a few matches later on and might run some errands (which we didn't do yesterday). That's about it. Grilling steaks later on. Beverages this evening. Be safe and be good.

Good morning. It's mostly sunny and 62F, on its way to 85F. Gonna be warm, but humidity is low today. Real feel only 87F. Still working on the Bean Rows Reclamation Act of 2023, ha. Almost done with one row, one to go. Probably lay low and chill today. Hope everybody has a restful and peaceful Sunday. Be safe and be good out there.

Good morning. Sunny and cooler, hoping for the predicted showers later this afternoon. Daughter and a friend will be over for dinner, so we’ll BBQ burgers, etc. Time to move the potted peppers under protection later when the dark clouds form. One of the WX gals predicts hail for us rather than north. We’ve been lucky this year. So far.
Have a wonderful Sunday. Relax, enjoy nature. Prayers for Sic’s brother and hugs for Ratat.

Morning all - Monday is upon us again, how did that happen?
Day off for me and I shall be spending it gardening of course.
Another very warm day forecast with storms (hah!) for this afternoon, yeah yeah.
Have a good Monday, keep calm, cool, pain-free and smile :D

Good morning. It's 55F (13C) on its way to 74F (23C) .... very "fall like" this morning. Pushing a record low for today. Temperatures are supposed to heat back up as we progress throughout the week. Got 1/4" of rain over the weekend. I guess every little bit helps. Mowing and trimming late this morning (nice mowing WX when compared to Sic). Garden is looking great .... just waiting on stuff to mature. Looks like we should start getting blackberries pretty soon. My lovely bride is cooking a roast today. Need to make a beer run and restock the refrigerators too. Nothing else is going on. Be safe and be good.

Good morning. A cold front came through and brought us 50F and rain, and graupel. Definitely not the usual June weather. I don’t want Sic’s temps though. Monday errands, coffee group, then gardening while it’s nice and cooler. More rain WX all week. The plants will either be spoiled or rotted by July. The flea beetles are the worst I’ve ever seen. Can’t keep any powder on to tomatoes to keep them protected. Oh well.
Have a wonderful day. Relax a bit and enjoy nature. Prayers for Sic’s brother and hugs to Ratat.

Good morning. It's raining and 67F, on its way to 73F. WX Guessers finally got one right. They called for rain today and here it is. We certainly need it. Well, I didn't chill yesterday because they said it was gonna rain today. Went to the garden and finished reclaiming one row of the two fallow bean rows. It's ready for the straggler tomato plants. Today is my lay low and chill day, ha. Hope everybody has a marvelous Monday. Be safe and have fun out there.

Morning all - Tuesday is here and the forecast says rain showers and thunderstorms - yeah yeah, you've been promising me that for the last week.
It did rain overnight, enough that I don't have to worry about watering today but not enough to make a huge difference.
Off to work today.
Have a good Tuesday, keep cool, calm, pain-free and smile :D

Yesterday was brutal, I better shape up because its not going to get any better. Think I got a little over heated, ended up kinda sick last night. Starting to get old I guess. I also need to loose some weight, pronto. Full day of mowing, going to take it easy and not pretend Im all young buck today. Hoping I feel decent this evening and can play some guitar and chill. We also need rain havent seen any in over a week, looks like some in a couple days. Keyboard somehow keeps getting put on Danish mode, weird. Have a great day and good morning.

Good morning. A very brisk 49F (9C) this morning on its way to 83F (28C). Should be a very nice day. Mowed yesterday. That took 4 hours. I was going to trim too but I'm really old so I will do it today. I can't think of anything else that I absolutely have to do today. I'll have to water the plants that are in pots and planters ..... that's about a 1/2 hour job. I have to run an errand or two. In reality, not much is going on today. Be safe and be good.

Good morning. 46-62F predicted. Kinda cold for June, but WX says 80’s by the weekend. The plants will soon be happier. Rain yesterday, more today. It’s nice to save on the water bill.
Feel better, Sic. Heat exhaustion can really set you back. Prayers for your brother.
Meetings today, maybe some yard work between the rains. Hopefully no hail. Many gardens here have been ruined by this weather.
Have a great day. Enjoy Mother Nature, just be prepared for what she brings. Hugs to Ratat.

Back