• Politics are not permitted. There's plenty of places to discuss that elsewhere, and a hot pepper forum is not the place. Thank you for respecting the community!

off-topic Good Mornin' Thread - For those that get up really early and post

Good morning and Happy St. Patrick's Day. It's 38F on its way to 52F. After all of this nice WX, it seems like an arctic blast :rolleyes:. Nothing much is going on here. Watching the seedlings grow. I've got an hour or so of office work to do sometime this morning to prep for the upcoming work week. Grilling porkchops this evening. Beverages later on. Be safe and be good.

Good morning. It's cloudy and 60F, on its way to nowhere. Calling for partly sunny with no rain. Might be a pretty nice day. Last day that's forecast to be in the 60's for the rest of the month. The cold returns starting tomorrow. Boo. Not sure what's going on today. It might just be a chill day. Maybe watch some golf this afternoon. Hope everybody has a peaceful and restful Sunday. Be safe out there and take the day off.

Good morning. 30-42F. Happy St. Paddy’s Day. Does anyone have a wee bit of Irish in their genes? I watched a documentary on Ireland last night which was very good. I wish we had all the rich soil but without the rain (!). Not much planned for today, leftovers for dinner. I’m envious of you all being able to weed in the garden. Maybe next month.
Have a great Sunday. Wear green or you could be pinched 🇮🇪.

Good morning. It's 21F on its way to 43F. Absolutely frigid today but back to the 70s tomorrow. Office work this morning and then this afternoon, weeding out in the garden until my back says no more. Swiss steak this evening and beverages later on. I'm probably going to mow/trim tomorrow. Be safe and be good.

Good morning. It's sunny and 39F, on its way to 46F. WX Guesser says "Snow starting in 7 minutes". Umm, I don't think so, lol. Several errands today, then home and maybe take another swing at the perpetual basement clean-out/downsizing, ha. Hope everybody has a marvelous Monday. Be safe out there and enjoy your day.

Good morning. 30-54F and sunny. Looks like a beautiful day for coming close to Spring. Dr. appt. this AM plus a few errands. The basement is always calling to be cleaned. One of these days I’ll get a big trash can and actually remove the stuff - after the snow.
Enjoy your day. Take time for yourself and pets. Keep your plants happy.

Good morning. It's 36F on its way to 70F. Breezy and cool this morning. Should be mild and nice this afternoon. Office work and then garden work. I might do a little futzing in the barn too. Grilling a tri-tip this evening. Be safe and be good.

Good morning. It's sunny and 35F, on its way to 50F. Supposed to cloud up this afternoon. Pretty chilly day. Dr's appointments this morning, then run a couple of errands while we're out. Not sure what else is on tap, but I'm sure something will pop up, lol. Hope everybody has a terrific Tuesday. Be safe out there and stay healthy.

Good morning. Typical Spring weather with snow still lingering. Hopefully the reservoirs are close to full capacity and we won’t have many water restrictions. Nothing is on today’s docket for errands so I may fill another box of clothes for the migrant population.
Have a wonderful day. Enjoy the sunshine and beauty of Spring flowers. Try to stay healthy.

Good morning. It's 38F on its way to 60F. Cool and breezy. I might mow today or I might not. I've got a bit of office work to do this morning and then I guess we'll see what happens. Getting close to needing to pot-up chinenses and tomatoes (probably this weekend). Leftovers for dinner. Be safe and be good.

Good morning. It's sunny and 48F, on its way to 60F. Sounds like a pretty day, but they're calling for 40mph wind, and have issued a Red Flag warning. Don't see many of those. With all that going on, I'm not sure if I'll make it outside today or not, lol. That's ok, plenty to do in the basement, ha. Hope everybody has a wonderful Wednesday. Be safe out there, and be careful with your campfires!

Good morning. 35-55F, hoping to weed in the mud. Sic has the good life - enjoying what he does, with a few errands in between. Nothing much on today’s docket, the CG is totally snow, so working there will wait another week. We stopped at a nursery but found very few plants for sale. April, they say. Some of their suppliers are wary of our up and down weather.
Have a great day. Stay safe and healthy. Spring is officially here.

Morning all, Thursday is here with her whiff of the weekend.
Sorry I've been absent but I don't do well when it's constant rain, dark and cold so I thought I would keep my misery to myself and not inflict it on others.
Life has trundled on as usual.
Today is the 2nd day of sunshine and warmer weather so I've been out in the garden - potting on baby pepper sprouts and starting off tomato seeds. Have to take advantage of the nice weather as it becomes winter once again at the weekend and for the following week.
The pups at the pound are doing fine, we're bursting at the seams as always. I'm optimistic that as the days become lighter and evenings longer more people's thoughts will turn to adopting a dog or two :D

Anyways, enough of my waffle - have a good Thursday, enjoy the sunshine while it lasts and smile as always :D

Glad to see you Tink. And this is the perfect place to inflict misery, captured audience :rofl: Small job cleaning out a gutter and trimming a tree then chilling. Need to clean and wash the van as me and my buddy Chris are going to Sebring this saturday to crew for another buddy racing the 24 hour, if dude doesnt wuss out. He was complaining about his back yesterday,lol. Have a great day and good morning.

Good morning. It's sunny and 27F, on its way to 49F. Smoke is pretty heavy out there from the forest fires in the Valley. Air quality is poor, they say. I believe them. Just got back for dropping Lit'l Fella off at the Vet's. Needs a teeth cleaning and a small cyst removed from his back. He was NOT happy this morning. In turn, neither were we, lol. Got seed-starting trays prepped yesterday for tomatoes. Probably get seeds planted in the next few days. Always enjoy hearing from you, Tink. Sounds like things are going good. Glad I don't live close to you. You would have our house overrun with puppies, lol. Hope everybody has a terrific Thursday. Be safe out there and see your dentist regularly!:P

Last edited:
Good morning. It's 36F on its way to 66F. Mostly cloudy and breezy. Working this morning. I've got a couple of high stress meetings today. I need to re-pot my tomatoes this afternoon. I just need to focus and make it happen. My outdoor helper is supposed to come over today to continue work in the garden. We'll see if he shows up. My wife mentioned she is fixing some kind of fish this evening. I can't remember what she said :banghead: . Be safe and be good.

Back