• We welcome content that is not political, divisive, or offensive. If we feel your content leans this way or has the potential to, it may be removed at any time. A hot pepper forum is not the place for such content. Thank you for respecting the community!

off-topic Good Mornin' Thread - For those that get up really early and post

Good morning. It's 70F on its to 95F. Maybe a few showers in the area. Later this morning, heading to the office to turn in my stuff. Then futzing this afternoon. As of COB tomorrow, I will no longer be employed. First time in 48 years. We'll see how long this is gonna last. My wife is taking multiple boxes of produce up to our daughter in the city. Other than that, nothing much else is going on. Grilling sausages this evening. Beverage after that. Be safe and be good.
Congratulations, again!

Good morning. It's sunny and 64F, on its way to 85F. Yet another pretty day. Watered the garden yesterday, then more tomato processing. Need to cut the grass today. The road down to the garden got washed out pretty bad with TS Debby's rain last week. Probably a one-foot deep gully now, where there used to be none. Need to work on that as well. I'll join John in the congrats Harry, again, lol. Hope everybody has a terrific Thursday. Be safe out there and dream of, or enjoy, retirement.

Going to Flatwoods for a bike ride. Going to be pathetic as ihavent been on a bike in a couple months. Buddy coming over this afternoon to play guitar. Have a great day and good morning. Harry you enjoy that retirement. :rofl:

Good morning. It's 72F on its way to 95F. Mostly sunny and very warm. Need to get gas for the mower and I need to get a couple of 20# propane tanks filled. Other than that, I will be enjoying my retirement! We'll see how long it lasts! Wife is processing tomatoes, bell peppers and apples. Got out a couple steaks to grill this evening. Beverages will be consumed. Be safe and be good.

Good morning. It's mostly sunny and 63F, on its way to 86F. Chance of a shower this afternoon. Had to run unknown (to me) errands yesterday. Didn't get much done on yesterday's list, so I'll try again today. Stuffed tomatoes and peppers for dinner. Yum. Hope your vacation is still going great, Catherine. Also hope everybody has a freaky good Friday. Be safe out there and enjoy your day.

Good morning. It's cloudy and 70F, on its way to 84F. Chance of thunderstorms. Cut the grass and weed-whacked around the e-fence yesterday. Today I put the bucket on the Kubota and work on filling the runoff ditch. I need to hurry up. It's supposed to rain the next two days :shocked:. Hope everybody has a super Saturday. Be safe out there and enjoy the day.

Good morning. It's 68F on its way to 93F. Mowing and trimming today after the dew burns off. Futzing after that. Heading out on vacation tomorrow morning. Need to start packing for that. Pizza tonight. Beverages later on. Be safe and be good.

Enjoy your vacation Harry, hope Jane is having a good one. I pretty much out futzed anything to do today. I went hard yesterday with futzing so nothing to futz today. Ill end up with a guitar and a glass of wine, surely. Walk with the wife first thing though. Have a great day and good morning.

Good morning. It's cloudy and 69F, on its way to 82F. Calling for clouds and sunshine, with a chance of showers and t-storms later on. Might be an ok day. Started shoveling washout back into that trench yesterday. What a miserable job that is. Humidity was awful, mosquitoes were worse. Soaked to the bone. And I probably am only about 25% done. Think I might take a break today and just futz around. We'll see. What's this vacation thing everybody's doing? Might have to look into that, ha. Hope everybody has a peaceful and restful Sunday. Be safe out there and travel safely.

Good morning. Vacation is over, now starts canning, pickling, etc. The CO mountains are beautiful, lots of cooler weather when you’re up over 9K’. The roads were very wīndy, but it was a sight to see. Glad we’re back and so is the cat!
Have a wonderful Sunday. It’s hot (98) but all will survive. Take lots of water and enjoy Mother Nature.

Good morning. Still in the 90’s but I’m sure the end of the month will bring the temps closer to comfortable. Funny how a week away from the garden makes for a mess of weeds and harvest. Not sure what will be done, but canning is beginning.
Have a great Monday. Take extra time for your pets. Stay hydrated.

Good morning from debatably the smoked meat capital of the US. It's 77F on its way to 105F (RF 111F). Extremely hot and uncomfortable. Not too bad of a drive but the traffic is horrendous in this southernmost I-35 corridor. Shopping today. BBQ for lunch. Relaxing and enjoying the scenery the rest of the day. Beverages will be consumed. Be safe and be good.

Last edited:
Good morning. It's sunny and 67F, on its way to 78F. Turning cloudy with a passing shower this afternoon. Sounds like a nice day. A thunderstorm rolled through around 6pm last night. Dumped 1" of rain in 20 min. Runoff was heavy. Hate to look at the half-filled trench. Need to work on that some more today. Hope everybody has a marvelous Monday. Be safe out there and enjoy time with others.

Good morning. It's 77F on its way to 107F (RF 111F). Horribly hot. Heading out for breakfast and then some more shopping. Pool this afternoon. Mexican this evening. A few brews later on. Be safe and be good.

Good morning. It's sunny and 59F, on its way to 74F. Beautiful day. Went down to the garden yesterday. Picked tomatoes. They're starting to fizzle out. Peppers are coming on strong. Time to do the first "big" pick. Maybe in the next few days. Have a lot of outdoor maintenance to do, including working on that runoff trench. Plan to make progress today. 107F is nuts! Hope everybody has a terrific Tuesday. Be safe out there and enjoy the day.

Good morning. The heat is on . . . especially for Harry and family. Try and keep cool in that heat, and enjoy the BBQ.
Canning is starting - we’re way behind everyone, but at least we have a few red tomatoes. Busy busy.
Have a wonderful Tuesday. Enjoy the fruits of your labor, and stayed hydrated.

Back