• We welcome content that is not political, divisive, or offensive. If we feel your content leans this way or has the potential to, it may be removed at any time. A hot pepper forum is not the place for such content. Thank you for respecting the community!

off-topic Good Mornin' Thread - For those that get up really early and post

another day another heat warning. Mowing the lawn and changing the oil on one of the machines, changing and sharpening blades. Couple errands in town. friend is coming over this afternoon to play some guitar. Have a great day and good morning. Hopefully Jane is feeling a little better.

Good morning. It's 54F on its way to 74F. Sunny and beautiful. The all-time low for this day was broken here this morning. The dewpoint is very low too. Must be climate change :). This is mowing day but I don't think the yard needs it. I still need to run a couple of local errands and I think I'll "re-line" some fishing outfits after that. Need to start planning for summer vacation (we leave in a week). Got out a pork butt to smoke tomorrow. Grilling burgers this evening. Beverages will be consumed. OCD ..... that's a lot of tomatillos! I hope Jane is doing OK. Be safe and be good.

Last edited:
Good morning. It's overcast and 73F, on its way to 88F. Well, TS Debby arrived yesterday, dumping 5.5" of rain on us. Hopefully she will be gone in the next few hours. We're currently under a flood warning right now. Flooded roads, low-water bridges underwater, etc. The river is already at flood stage, and isn't supposed to crest until tomorrow morning. That means more flooding to come. Sooo, let's pack and head out to a BBQ comp! Hope you're feeling better, Jane. Remember, Covid's still out there. Take care of yourself. Hope everybody has a freaky good Friday. Be safe out there and remember, if it's flooded, "turn around, don't drown".

Last edited:
Good morning. 54-71F and 97% humidity (what’s that?). It’s a downright hoodie day when I’ll slowly get up to the CG to pick cukes this AM. At least the plants are happy with this weather.
Thank you all for the get well wishes. Slow but sure - I see a doctor this afternoon - no big deal. I hoping to harvest and give away today. We shall see.
Have a wonderful day. Be careful today, Downriver. Flooding is not easy to deal with.

Good morning. It's 56F on its way to 76F. The fall-like WX continues. No complaints here. Got the butt on the smoker this morning. I might mow this afternoon. Need to pick tomatoes. Nothing else is going on today. Pulled pork and beverages this evening. Be safe and be good.

Good morning. 55-82F, warmer now that we’re leaving. Picked cukes at home, ready for someone else. Finishing packing and loading the car. Oh, the good life, Sic. The good life here is the rain, though it should stop by the time we get home.
Enjoy your weekend, harvest lots, share your bounties (I know you do), just enjoy this time of summer.

Going to hit up that good life again today Jane, hope yall do too. Walk with the wife this morning then changing oil on one of the machines and sharpening/changing blades. Going to work on a weed eater for a little bit also, think I just need to do some fine tuning on the carb? Have a great day and good morning.

Good morning. It's 64F on its way to 76F. Still cool and pleasant. Yesterday, gave my sister 6 boxes of cucumbers and 8 boxes of tomatoes. I have no idea what she does with them. Maybe she's opened her own vegetable stand! Maybe mowing or just futzing today. BLTs this evening. Beverages later on. Be safe and be good.

Off to mow. Its only going to have a reel feel of 106 today so no heat advisory,lol. We have to have 110 or above for that. Need to look at that weed eater this afternoon as I didnt yesterday. Yall be good, good morning.

Good morning. It's sunny and 64F, on its way to 83F. Should be a pretty day. Well, we survived the BBQ comp weekend. This time we were in a tent. Friday was brutal, temp-wise. Clothes soaked through. It got nicer with each passing day. The BBQ was ok, but we've had better. Anyway, home safe and sound. Now, it seems we are waaay behind on everything. Tomato picking, tomato processing, seed processing, grass cutting, tomato picking, weeding, etc. You get the picture, lol. So, guess I have any number of things to occupy my time today. Hope everybody has a marvelous Monday. Be safe out there and enjoy the day.

Good morning. It's 72F on its way to 84F. Cloudy. Office work this morning .... then futzing. Finally mowed yesterday. My wife is processing tomatoes today. Grilling burgers this evening. Beverages will be consumed. Be safe and be good.

Mobile home park today, Im so tired. The park wipes me out. Ill drink around 2 gallons of fluid and still come home 4 pounds of water weight down. oh well it beats a lot of peoples work life. Yall behave and good morning.

Good morning. It's sunny and 67F, on its way to 81F. Another great day weatherwise. I just looked at the long-range forecast, and I don't see any 90F+ days the rest of August. Every day in the 80's. No rain to speak of, either. What a crazy August this is. Usually several high 90's and a few 100's. That's ok, I'll struggle through it, lol. Did a little work on tomatoes yesterday. Need to do a lot more today, after a few errands. Hope you're having a great vacay, Jane. Also hope everybody has a terrific Tuesday. Be safe out there and enjoy the day.

Good morning. It's 70F on its way to 76F. Rain and T-Storms. Very humid. Office work this morning and then futzing this afternoon. My wife is taking the big male cat to the vet to have his glucose monitor removed and to discuss his next course of treatment. Nothing much else is going on. Leftovers this evening. Beverages later on. Be safe and be good.

Another heat advisory today. 4 lawns and a stick job. I should mow our lawn also. Dont feel like doing this stick job but its for the"neighbour" so . Hopefully playing some guitar this afternoon. Yall have a great day and good morning.

Good morning. It's sunny and 63F, on its way to 82F. Another nice one. Ran the errands and spent the rest of the day processing tomatoes and seeds yesterday. Made good headway. More processing today, plus some more picking. Seems like a vicious circle, lol. Hope everybody has a wonderful Wednesday. Be safe out there and eat more tomatoes!

Good late morning. I got wrapped up in office work. It's 78F on its way to 97F. Hot and humid. Turned the heat pump back on. I'm wrapping up office work. My wife is processing tomatoes. Nothing much else is going on. Futzing this afternoon. Be safe and be good.

Small job this morning then Dr. Bens. Didnt sleep well last night so Im a little behind but no biggie. Ready to get home and in my shelter already. Have a great day and good morning.

Good morning. It's 70F on its to 95F. Maybe a few showers in the area. Later this morning, heading to the office to turn in my stuff. Then futzing this afternoon. As of COB tomorrow, I will no longer be employed. First time in 48 years. We'll see how long this is gonna last. My wife is taking multiple boxes of produce up to our daughter in the city. Other than that, nothing much else is going on. Grilling sausages this evening. Beverage after that. Be safe and be good.

Back