• We welcome content that is not political, divisive, or offensive. If we feel your content leans this way or has the potential to, it may be removed at any time. A hot pepper forum is not the place for such content. Thank you for respecting the community!

off-topic Good Mornin' Thread - For those that get up really early and post

Good morning. It's sunny and 53F, on its way to74F. Another pretty day. Processed more fermenting tomato seeds yesterday. Also canned a batch of salsa. Picked some peppers as well. Didn't work on the rain gully yesterday. Hope to do some of that today. Need to cut the grass as well. Always something to do, ha. Hope everybody has a wonderful Wednesday. Be safe out there and enjoy the day.

Good morning. It's 77F on its way to 110F (RF 115F). Stupid hot. Heading up to Canyon Lake and then to a farm market that we like. Taco stand for lunch. Pool this afternoon. Beverages. Leftovers this evening. Be safe and be good.

Good morning. Another day in the 90’s, hope that number will soon fade. Digging beets to pickle, planting new and old iris, and watering at the CG. Downriver, what tomatoes are you fermenting seeds from? Maybe we could trade?
The peaches that we bought are still a bit green, just waiting to make jam. Soon.
Have a wonderful Wednesday. Enjoy your weather and Mother Nature’s bounties.

Have to go mow 3 small lawns then mine. Change and sharpen blades, then chilling. Im in no hurry and just taking it easy. Need to run a couple errands also. We got our 7th pineapple of the year yesterday. Warm from the sun fresh pineapple is one of my favorite things. We have 6 more out there. Harvested 5 avocados from our 7 year old tree last evening. Besides 2 that dropped earlier this is the first fruit. Started it from seed. Sonya makes a fermented tea from the pineapple peelings and herbs from the property, its pretty tasty. Gravely the kitten is loving it and seems to be a boss. Yall have a great day and good morning.
20240821_084842.jpg
Wine doesnt go into tea,lol.
20240814_155759.jpg

Last edited:
Good morning. It's sunny and 49F, on its way to 76F. Great weather these last few days. Supposed to get hot again by the weekend 🙁. Oh, well. It's been great temps for pepper flowers to set, so there's that, ha. Finished filling the washout trench yesterday, for the most part. Probably a couple three wheelbarrows of washout left to move. Now, I've done nothing to CORRECT the problem, so with the next big rain, my guess is it'll do it again. A re-grading needs to be done, but I don't have the equipment for that, and my guess is it ain't gonna be cheap. Today, need to start picking peppers and cut the grass (still). That'll keep me busy. Catherine, I'd be happy to send you some seeds. Let me put a list together, and I'll send it to you. Hope everybody has a terrific Thursday. Be safe out there and enjoy your day.

Last edited:
Good morning. It's 78F on its way to 107F (RF 113F). Hot! Not sure what we're doing today. We might take a drive. Pool and beverages this afternoon. Cajun food this evening. Be safe and be good.

Good morning. Temps in the 80’s for a change, plus a half hour of rain last night made for comfort today. Finishing the beets I picked yesterday, maybe peach jam tonight? It’s been too hot to stay in the kitchen long.
Thanks for offering to trade, Downriver. I get in a rut trying to choose which tomatoes to grow every year. Mostly it’s a repeat and 1 or 2 new ones.
Have a great Thursday. Enjoy the cooler weather when you can. Remember those less fortunate.

Bike ride with a buddy at Flatwoods then he is giving me a hand replacing the air unit in the barn. Yesterday was actually nice, first day in months. But it was only one day probably a couple more months before another. Yall behave yourselfs and have a great day. Good morning.

Good morning. It's sunny and 49F, on its way to 82F. Yet another nice day. Went down to the garden and found the water hose had ruptured. At least it was spewing in such a way that it watered the cucumbers and squash REALLY well, ha. Repaired that. Did some weed-wacking around the e-fence. Still need to cut the grass. Maybe today. Catherine, what kind of tomatoes do you like? Might help in choosing a recommendation. Hope everybody has a freaky good Friday. Be safe out there and be sure to turn the outside water off at the end of the day!

Last edited:
Good morning. 60-85F, a nice day to garden. However I’m going out to breakfast w/the girls and then maybe the CG. We had some rain yesterday, nothing significant. Peaches are finally started to soften - maybe jam tomorrow. Downriver, will get a list of tomatoes.
Have a great day. Stay cool 😊

Good morning. It's sunny and 61F, on its way to 85F. Another nice day. Watered the garden yesterday, and did some weeding. Today just might be cut the grass day, ha. It's getting deep. Hope everybody has a super Saturday. Be safe out there and enjoy your day.

Good morning. Back in Kansas. It's 76F with light rain on its way to 97F. Watching the early match and then it's out to the garden. I'm on the hook to pick peppers today while my wife picks another bucket of bush beans (that seem to keep producing). There's a lot of pods out there for me to pick. Buckets full. I might take some pics. The tomatoes (ugh) will have to wait until tomorrow. There's many hours of harvesting tomatoes too. Going to be an extremely busy week with the produce. Processing beans and apples this afternoon. Match tonight up in the city. Be safe and be good.

Last edited:
@catherinew, here's the list of tomatoes I grew this year. Tastewise, all of them, except the few marked with an "*", we'd grow again. If any of them interest you, I can tell you more about them. Happy to send you any or all, lol.

Tomato - Bi-Color
Get Stuffed *
Girl Girl’s Weird Thing
Pineapple

Tomato - Black
Huge Black

Tomato - Cherry
Matt's Wild Cherry
Sweet Aperitif

Tomato - Orange/Yellow
Olga's Round Yellow Chicken
Persimmon
Sakharnyi Zheltyi
Tom's Yellow Wonder

Tomato - Paste (bad year for pastes)
Marzano Fire ?
Pomodoro Cuore Antico di Acqui Terme ?
Valley Paste

Tomato - Pink
Pink Berkeley Tie-Dye

Tomato - Red
Bacon Lettuce and This
George Detsikas Italian Red
Miss Scarlet In The Kitchen With The Knife
Prue *​

Good morning. It's sunny and 64F, on its way to 89F (RF 95F). Getting back to August-like temps. Decided to try out a chipper/shredder I bought at auction a few years ago🤪. I've been needing to do some tree trimming, so I whacked off a 20' or so limb and dragged it down to the garden. The thought is I'll chip the branches up and use the mulch in the garden pathways. Turns out that's a LOT of laborious work, lol. And, the mulch is really pretty fine, so I don't know what I think about it yet. Anyway, today is a chill day, I hope🤞. Hope everybody has a peaceful and restful Sunday. Be safe out there and smell the roses.

Last edited:
Good morning. It's 78F on its way to 100F (RF 107F). Mostly sunny, windy and hot. Mowing sometime today. Didn't get to picking those peppers yesterday so I should probably do it today. Yesterday, my wife finished processing apples and green beans. Today she's processing the tomatoes we harvested a week ago. I need to harvest more tomatoes but that's going to be a several hour job .... so that might have to wait. Not sure what's on today's menu. Definitely beverages later on. Be safe and be good.

Good morning. Beautiful AM for breakfast on the patio. Nice list of tomatoes, Downriver. I sent you a DM so hopefully it went through. (!) The kids and (hyper) dogs are coming for a visit. We’ll probably peruse the CG and home gardens for a few things.
Hope you all have a wonderful Sunday. Relax a bit, tomorrow’s another day.

Back