• Politics are not permitted. There's plenty of places to discuss that elsewhere, and a hot pepper forum is not the place. Thank you for respecting the community!

off-topic Good Mornin' Thread - For those that get up really early and post

The fresh food supply is definitely a perk, the wife has stuff all over the property that is edible. We eat lots of sweet potato leaf, instead of spinach. It grows crazy. We cant keep up with our lettuce. Wife even chomps on different "weeds" she looks like a beautiful princess grazing in the yard,lol. Off to the Swamp with a buddy of mine. He is a Tampa cop and really needs some down time right now. Transition put in at well yesterday went smoothly. We will now have water during power outages. Hope everyone is healthy, happy and free in your body, mind, soul. Have a great day and good morning.

Good morning.  It's 72 on its way to 90.  I hear ya on the lettuce.  We can't eat it fast enough.  I'll take some pictures this weekend of the garden and the new landscaping.  Busy schedule today including a major review.  Looks like we might get some rain over the weekend .... but I'll need to water today.  More rock to pickup on Thursday evening and then hopefully the landscaping is done  :rolleyes: !  Fishing on Friday.  Be safe and be good.  

Good morning everyone. Another warmer day before possible rain tomorrow, we shall see. Garden chores and then just enjoying Mother Nature's wonders. We walked a mall yesterday, noticing about 20-30% of the stores open. So many businesses/restaurants have closed permanently. The mall was only open from 11am to 6pm. 

Enjoy your fresh produce. Sounds like heaven. Have a wonderful day, stay healthy and safe. Keep loved ones close.

Good morning.  It's 70 on it's way to 91.  Looks like the weekend will be in the 80s with some T-Storms around.  Got the word that my annual Canada fishing trip has been postponed from the week of 5 July to the middle of August (since the border is still closed to non-essential crossings).  This will be the first time we've gone in August.  We'll see if it really happens.  I have tomorrow off so I'm going fishing around here.  The garden is coming along.  We're having something from garden at every meal.  Very busy work schedule today and after that I've got to run up to Kansas City to pick up some rock.  Be safe and be good.

Have to my mine and another lawn today. First some chores in the nursery. I also need to start picking up the house without the wife noticing. Her father and the oldest boy are coming tomorrow afternoon for a surprise dinner, wifes birthday. Have to get up to the shop also and pick up stuff I ordered for wife and drop off my tt bike as I may be selling it? Have a wonderful day and good morning.

Good morning everyone. It’s a beautiful 53*F and may only get to the 70s today - enjoy the coolness while it lasts. Dragonsfire, I envy your temps for living, but not gardening.  How are the plants liking the cool temps? 

Happy Birthday to Sic’s wife - enjoy the family time together - just stay safe. Lots of weeding/removing plants today as the cooler weather works best. I get a lot of volunteer plants every year, probably due to the birds or wind, so a few will be dug and potted for giveaway, the rest go to the compost. 

I hope your day is filled with joy. Stay healthy and active, but stay safe.

Good morning everyone. Gentle rain came last night and is forecasted to rain again this afternoon. Too wet to weed more today, so we may go rose shopping for gifts for the kids. The gardens are beginning to green, though the peppers are just sitting. The poblanos all have small fruit and a few tomatoes are beginning to flower. This erratic weather has them confused. 

Have a wonderful Friday. Stay safe and wear those masks. Not my cup of tea, but it’s better than the alternative.

Good morning everyone. Happy Saturday. Looks like a great day for weeding, etc. though the past couple of days’ rains were great for the garden. Trying to plan for Fathers Day, but so far nothing definite. Will let the kids do the planning. I’m just looking forward to a beautiful day outside. Sic - just be the best Son-in-law you can be, just be glad they don’t live too close.

All the best for a great Saturday. Stay safe and drink lots of water.

Good morning.  Happy Father's Day.  It's also our anniversary.  Our son will be visiting sometime today.  Pea gravel and decorative rock spreading this morning, then I need to finish mowing ..... got rained out halfway through yesterday.  I've also got some railroad ties to cut to size.  Later on I've got some work paperwork to do.  Seafood and adult beverages this evening.  Be safe and be good.

Good morning everyone. Happy Anniversary, Harry, a bit belated. I’m glad the celebrations made for a great day. We had lunch at Red Robin with the kids, not many people eating inside. Nice to see them all. Hubby received a new battery for his lawnmower. Last time he mowed the lawn it quit halfway, had to recharge the battery. Back to the usual chores.

I hope your Monday goes well. Stay safe and hydrated.

Good morning.  It's 67 on its way to 83.  Very busy work schedule today.  Heat pump is fixed for now.  Tiny refrigerant leak in the evaporator coil.  Coil will be replaced in the next couple of weeks.  Garden will need to be watered today.  Other than that, not much else going on.  Be safe and be good.  

Back