• Politics are not permitted. There's plenty of places to discuss that elsewhere, and a hot pepper forum is not the place. Thank you for respecting the community!

off-topic Good Mornin' Thread - For those that get up really early and post

Good morning.  It's 65 on its way to 90.  The wife is already busy processing tomatoes this morning.  Lots of chores on the agenda.  I might fire up the smoker and smoke some Serranos later today.  Not much else happening.  Be safe and be good.

Good morning everyone. Garden chores, clean up planned for today and maybe something pickled. It’s time to organize the baby stuff to make layettes for an organization. We’ve been on hold since March and they’re planning on giving them out again next month. Good break from the kitchen.

Enjoy your day and stay safe. Make someone else’s day a bit brighter.

Good morning.  It's 70 on its way to 95.  The heatwave is back.  It's hazy here ..... they say it's smoke from the west that has made it here.  I harvested what seemed like thousands of pods yesterday ..... my back is a little sore this morning.  Just normal chores today nothing too serious.  I do have some office work I need to do sometime today.  I didn't get the smoker fired up yesterday so I'll do that today and get some serranos smoked.  I used Hickory last time and it was little too smokey.  I think I'll try Oak or Pecan today.  Be safe and be good.  

Good morning everyone. I only have a few garden chores planned and then finish the baby stuff inventory. It looks like another smoky air day so we’ll stay inside for the hot afternoon, find some good movies on Netflix

Enjoy your day and stay safe. A friend just made 3 masks for me, so I’m set with them for awhile.

Good morning.  It's 72 on its way to 94.  Very busy work schedule today.  Got the dead vehicle running and smoked Serranos and Hinkelhatzs (we'll see how these turn out).  All are in the dehydrator now.  It looks like the grand daughter will be here all week.  Not sure what else is happening.  Be safe and be good.  

Good morning everyone. Hazy and smoky air, temps on the way to 98 again. The forecast of 80* temps will hopefully happen this weekend. We really need the rain. We have a few Monday errands planned then should stay inside. Enjoy your day, remember those less fortunate. Stay healthy.

Good morning.  It's 70 on its way to 94.  Looking at a busy work day ..... preparing for big internal project reviews tomorrow.  We need to process more tomatoes and peppers for seed.  The grass keeps growing but I probably can't fit in any mowing until Thursday.  The grand daughter is still here and my son was here yesterday.  It's like Grand Central Station.  I need to figure out how to get them both to work.  She's 8 and he's 32!  Not much else happening.  Be safe and be good.  

Good morning everyone. Hot and hazy. Last night’s news said the firefighters would be battling fires until the end of October. California really needs rain. Harry, good luck getting this generation to work - maybe one project and they’re done. Been there. I guess they are the IT generation who lives with their computers, etc. Not much planned today, I gave a couple all of the cucumbers I had picked so she could make her own pickles, plus 12 summer squash. I’m sure the neighbors will love her. Time to water.

Enjoy your day and especially family and friends. Stay happy and healthy.

Good Morning!
Cool nights, temps as low as 8c at night, days peek around 30, cooling down this week end to 16c,
Watered for over an hour for a good soak, praying for my hots to ripen before weather gets worse, early winter predicted :(
Time to make some soap today :)
Have a great Day !!

Good morning.  It's 72 on its way to 92.  I've got a totally jammed work schedule today.  Meetings today from 7:00-4:00.  I'm falling behind on seed processing (tomatoes and peppers) and when I was out in the garden (yesterday) I noticed a lot of pods are ready to be harvested. Looks like I'll be spending Friday getting caught up.  I saw that my wife was processing Jalapenos yesterday.  Not much else happening.  Be safe and be good.

Good morning everyone. Hot and dry, still in the 90’s. Sic-your weather is truly brutal to work in, stay hydrated. Hope your buddy is OK. We made Cowboy Candy with purchased jalapeños and some ripe banana peppers to make the little jars look interesting. Harry’s wife must be tired of the kitchen. Quick check of the gardens, pick a few tomatoes, and a little clean up. This smoky air can be brutal.

Enjoy your day and stay healthy.

Good morning.  It's 71 on its way to 91.  Yes Catherine, my wife is tired of the kitchen and the garden.  I get the evil eye now each time I bring something in from the garden!  Yesterday she pickled Jalapeno rings with red ripe Traveler jalapenos, Lemon Spice and Orange Spice jalapenos.  The colors look great.   Busy meeting schedule today .... but today is my Friday so I plan on shutting it down mid afternoon.  After that I'm going to relax by spending 3 hours on the mower.  This evening I'm going to grill something and enjoy a few beverages.  Tomorrow we'll process tomatoes and peppers.  I'm going to try to go fishing on Saturday.  Planning on a fresh pepper harvest on Sunday.  Be safe and be good.    

Good morning everyone. Another pink sunrise in paradise. Harry, my husband gives me the evil eye when I come home from the community garden with produce. He does help by vacuum sealing most of the veggies, but complains that here’s no room in the freezers for the next batch. He’s right. I do make a lot of soup in the fall and winter, but that goes in the freezer too. I’m just lucky we have stuff to share. I’ve been dehydrating the fat green beans for our son's dogs, they think green beans are candy.

I hope you all have a wonderful day. Stay healthy and hydrated.

Back