• Politics are not permitted. There's plenty of places to discuss that elsewhere, and a hot pepper forum is not the place. Thank you for respecting the community!

off-topic Good Mornin' Thread - For those that get up really early and post

Good morning. The weekend looks promising for a few outdoor chores. I am going to check out the CG this afternoon and see what needs to be done besides weeding the flowers. It’s still way too wet to do much more than scout the area. Enjoy Ladies Night Out, Harry.

Enjoy your weekend and save some time for helping others.

Went for a hike with the family this morning (my evening due to 3rd shift) a few miles from our house. Low 50s and overcast. Perfect weather for us. Came across a neat little kettle bog with loads of sphagnum moss, Sarracenia purpurea, Drosera rotundifolia, various wild orchids and even a very relaxed garter snake. I can't wait to go back once things green up some more.

27597.jpeg
rsz_20210424_103759.jpg
rsz_20210424_103938.jpg
rsz_20210424_104300.jpg
rsz_20210424_102443.jpg
rsz_20210424_101646.jpg
rsz_20210424_101816.jpg
rsz_20210424_095036.jpg
rsz_20210424_094940.jpg

Good morning.  It's 50 on its way to 73.  Cleaning up the aftermath from the "girls night" ..... Good grief.  I'm surprised they all got up by 6:30 this morning.  Heading up to the nursery supply (once it opens) this morning to pick up a truckload of raised bed mix.  Yesterday, I noticed one more raised bed that needs repair.  I'll do that today.  Looks like we'll be able to start hardening off this week.  Yippee!.  Grilling and beverages this evening.  Be safe, be blessed and be good. S.M.I.L.E.

Good morning. Another warmer day ahead so we will work on a few more outdoor chores. The daffodils survived the storms and are showing off rather than being horizontal. Parquet flowers are blooming purple again with a few more plants, thanks to the wind. I still have lots of cleanup at the CG - then the fun begins. Thanks, Pariah, for your signs of Spring.

Have a wonderful day and stay healthy.

Good morning.  It's 60 (16c) on its way to 82 (28c).  High winds are in the forecast.  All the raised beds have been repaired and are filled with soil. Very busy morning schedule.  Then this afternoon, I've got a meeting in the town 25 miles to west of here.  After that, we might go morel mushroom hunting.  Not sure what is else going today.  Be safe and be good.  

Good morning. We started digging out the beautiful compost yesterday, filling buckets to use in the garden. We have to rebuild the area and start again since it is a cold pile most of the time. The plants are itching to see real sunshine - maybe this weekend.

Have a wonderful day. Stay healthy and enjoy the earth.

Good morning.  It's 66 (19c) on its way to 80 (27c).  Warm and windy.  Severe T Storms in the forecast for this evening/tonight.  Back in the 70s for tomorrow.  Busy work schedule today.  Didn't make it out to hunt mushrooms.  Maybe today.  Not sure what else is going on today.  Be safe and be good.  

Hope you get a chance to go morel hunting soon Harry. My lion mane inoculation jars are almost ready. Both of us are headed to the stables this morning then running some errands. This afternoon going to get another load of potting soil for new garden area. Be cool bless up and good morning.

Good morning. Cooler and waiting for tonight’s rain. Plans are for finishing the compost area after errands this AM. I spent a few hours at the CG yesterday, taking up some of the mulch leaves that have matted from the heavy snows. So much more to do.

Enjoy your day and stay healthy. Best of luck with your morel hunting, Harry. Sic- smart move with another garden bed.

Good morning.  It's 62 (17c) on its way to 68 (20c).  100% chance of rain.  Mushroom hunting has been delayed to the weekend.  Very busy work schedule.  Starting tomorrow, I'll start bringing plants out of the basement to harden off on the back patio.  I need to set-up the tables and such later today.  Not sure what else is going on.  Be safe and be good.   

Good morning. Rain last night and today, which should help with the drought we seem to be having. The compost pile did not get completely dug, just another project on the list. It looks like a great day for chocolate chip cookies.

Have a wonderful day and stay safe.

Mowing at stables then have to run into Zephyrhills and sign a contract for the common grounds at a small trailer park. Parents will be here by the time I get home. They are visiting for a couple days. Hope everyone is having a great week so far. Have a good day and good morning.

Good morning.  It's 56 (13c) on its way to 75 (24c).  It should be a nice day.  Extremely busy meeting schedule until 3:00.  After that I am going to mow and trim.  Not sure what my wife has going on today.  Plant hardening starts tomorrow.  Be safe and be good.  

Good morning. It looks like a beautiful day to work on a few projects in the garden area. I finished transplanting the tomatoes last night, hoping to share them at the swap in a couple of weeks. Have a great visit w/your parents, Sic.

I hope you have a wonderful day. Stay safe and hydrated.

Having a great time with parents. Got a cheese steak pizza from Capris last evening, the best. Have to go into stables and then mow 2 yards and over seed one of them. Just chilling with the folks tonight. Have a great day and good morning.

Back