• Politics are not permitted. There's plenty of places to discuss that elsewhere, and a hot pepper forum is not the place. Thank you for respecting the community!

off-topic Good Mornin' Thread - For those that get up really early and post

Good morning. The smoky air has gone for a few days, nice to breathe fresh air again. CG chores and grocery shopping, maybe some jam if I feel up to it. Son, DIL, dogs here last night to harvest a few things. Now I know why I love gardening. Have a wonderful day and stay healthy.

Man… Denver traffic has been awful compared to driving through Arizona, New Mexico, and Wyoming. But today is the last day of this vacation. Yesterday we drove up to Esterbrook, Wy. It’s a little place outside of Douglas. We took my grandpas ashes to the land he was born on. 40 minutes of driving on gravel roads to get there once you get off the highway. Got a flat tire on our rental car. Had to throw on the donut and limp another 40 minutes of gravel road to get to a town. All tire shops were closed except one and they would only patch the tire if we got plugs from an auto parts store. So we had to go to ORileys and get a cheap plug kit. That lasted us till Wheatland Wyoming where we found an after hours tire repair shop where the took the tire off and put on an actual patch. The youngest was not happy to spend that long in the car and screamed most of the way from Fort Collins back into Denver. By the time we got back and ate dinner, it was time to get to bed. But I had to read pack all of our bags for the airplane. I’ve had so much fun on this trip. But I can’t wait to get home and see my peppers. Hahaha

Good morning. We picked crabapples yesterday while it was cooler, hope to process them soon. Tomorrow we’ll help someone make applesauce w/her apples. Today we will be delivering tomatoes, Anaheim peppers, and a few hots to a friend. Time to visit the CG and harvest. Enjoy your day and stay healthy.

Good morning, hope everyone has a great week. Off to mow and work a little on a clean up job, its going to take a month or longer. Its big and we can only do a little as we have time the next month. Lawns go to every 2 weeks starting in October so that will give us free time. Puppy is still being a terror but she's cute. Have a great day, be kind and a decent person.

Good morning. I’m off to the CG to harvest and do some much needed maintenance. Weather ‘reports’ say we should be frost-free for September so I can keep most things in the ground. I’m helping make applesauce today, maybe crabapples tomorrow. Enjoy your day and pay it forward.

Good morning. Back from a very successful fishing trip to Canada. Came back to thousands of pods and got them harvested yesterday. Way behind at the office and need to get dug out. Not much else happening. Be safe and be good.

Good morning. Glad to have Harry back safe and sound. It sounds like a great vacation away from the hustle and bustle. We did one batch of applesauce for the friend and one round of crabapples. One more today. I’ll be happy to have that done until the neighbor wants her apples done. Chores and errands this morning. Have a wonderful day and stay healthy.

Good morning. It's 56 on its way to 82. Very nice WX. Sic .... It's good to be back. Busy work schedule. My wife has been busy making apple sauce, tomato sauce, pickling Mexican sour gherkins and making poppers. It's been tough for me to to find the time to sell SFRBs. The weekend calendar is already filling up and I'll have to mow and trim again .... most likely Friday .... that's a 5 hour job. I've got a couple of hay bales to get out of the pasture. Hopefully the ground has dried out. Got lettuce to plant and I have to water seal the pergola. Ughhh. Firewood splitting awaits too. Grilling and beverages this evening. Be safe, be blessed and be good.

Good morning. I’m starting to take down a few things at the CG today, pretty good garden this year in spite of the hot temps. Time to can a few quarts of tomatoes for soup. Harry, it sounds like Fall harvest and chores are keeping you very busy. Glad the weather is co-operating. Enjoy your day and stay safe.

Good morning. It's 60 on its way to 84. Totally slammed work schedule. Seems a bit overwhelming. Sic .... happy that the show was good. Looking forward to the weekend and all of the work ahead of me. Today is watering day. Not much else is happening. Be safe and be good.

Good morning. It's another day in paradise. It's 65 on its way to 90. We should have our grand daughter this evening. Moderate work schedule until noon and then I'm taking the afternoon off. Going to mow/trim this afternoon. Grilling and beverages this evening. Yesterday, my wife pickled more pepperoncini and gherkins. Fishing and delivering pods tomorrow morning. Pod harvesting, lettuce planting and water sealing the pergola on Sunday. Be safe and be good.

Good morning. 96*F yesterday, 98*F predicted for today. The weatherman said these higher temps would be the new norm - better than an ice age. More tomato canning today. I’m watching the neighbors dog while the whole family is on vacation - the dog stays at home and I let her out 7x a day, for 6 days. I will have to change my routine for the dog. 😊. Have a wonderful day and stay healthy.

tired, long day yesterday. Bike ride in a bit then have several errands to run. Hopefully not much more, I do have lots of chores and a couple jobs I could even go work on but I need some relaxation. Yall be good have a wonderful day and good morning.

Good morning. Mowed and trimmed yesterday. No fishing this morning. Delivering pods and running errands. Watching football this afternoon. My wife and grand daughter are going to do some shopping. I should be on my own this afternoon. Picking up BBQ for this evening. Beverages tonight. Be safe and be good.

Back