• Politics are not permitted. There's plenty of places to discuss that elsewhere, and a hot pepper forum is not the place. Thank you for respecting the community!

off-topic Good Mornin' Thread - For those that get up really early and post

Good morning. Looks like a beautiful Fall day, warmer and dry. We’ll be filling up the leaf bins at the CG with donated leaves for Spring mulches, plus other maintenance. Not much else planned except outdoor work.
Enjoy your day and stay healthy.

Hurt my knee bad yesterday. I cant walk. I'm going to be on the couch for days, im already bored. Not going to the doctor as I know how to rest and rehab myself. Definitely sucks as this is going to be a problem for awhile. I passed out and hit the ground pretty hard, wife was scared. I'm fine though. Doing absolutely nothing today, absolutely nothing. I couldn't if I wanted to. Have several jobs coming up I don't know what I'm going to do about. Getting hurt in the summer would be worse because I'm making more money but these jobs get scarce this time of the year and I need to be able to do them. Everything will work out though. Just me worrying which I'm good at. Was starting to train to race Sebring in February that will not be happening. I won't be able to get on my bike for a couple weeks and then it's going to be a long recovery I'm sure. Wife is going to have her hands full the next few days, im already probably stressing her out with all my "bell ringing" Everything sucks,lol. Yall be good and have a great day. Good morning.

Good morning. It's 40 on its way to 64. Sic ..... that sucks. A seriously hurt knee is not good. Get some rest and then start that rehab. Got my COVID booster .... I'm feeling a little off this morning but not bad. I need to re-align a couple of doors this morning. Yesterday, I found a water pipe leak in the yard. It's between the meter and the house. Unfortunately it's my problem. It's always something! I was planning to burn off the brush piles but they're forecasting some high winds. Not sure what else is going on. Be safe and be good.

Good morning with prayers to Sic for a complete recovery. You really should see a Dr. to see if anything is torn. It looks like a beautiful day here, funeral this AM, more garden cleanup, then making banana bread tonight.
Have a wonderful day. Remember to set your clocks back for an extra hour of sleep 😴.

Thanks midwest. Catherine I will if things aren't considerably better by Monday which it seems to be on the proper track. All about the appropriate rest the first couple days then appropriate rehab. Spent almost the whole day yesterday with ice, slept with none back on it today. Doing lots of arm aerobics today. I am so bored! Wife is running around crazy cleaning and taking care of me. Puppy is running around being insane terrorizing Sonya. Pups ate a big hole in hers and Homer's bed,lol. Yall have a great day, did I mention how bored I am? Good morning.

Good morning. It's 47 on its way to 70. Got the doors re-aligned yesterday. I need to put the trim back up today. Too windy to burn off the brush piles. Going to the match this evening. I think it's a 5 PM kickoff. Probably watch some football too. I'm hoping to have a big lunch. Not looking forward to the business week ahead. It's going to be extremely busy and stressful. Be safe, be blssed and be good.

Good morning. We had a new high temp yesterday - 80*F - really warm for November. We spent much of the day at church w/the family from the funeral. Nice to get re-acquainted w/them. We even thought yesterday was Sunday.
It sounds like Sic is slowly on the mend and very bored. Keep up the smiles. Kudos to Sonya.
I hope you have a wonderful day. Stay healthy.

Sorry about the funeral, glad you got to spend time with the family though Jane. Couch and ice again today. I am going to drive Sonya to one of our jobs and watch,lol. Its just weed pulling at some apartments we do every two weeks. Not comfortable with my little girl there by herself. Then back to the couch. Definitely feeling better. Have fun at the match Harry. Yall be cool and good morning.

Good morning. It's 52 on its way to 71. Very nice WX for this time of year. It will be back to normal fall temperatures by the end of the week but we're going to enjoy it while we can. Last night's match totally sucked. I'll leave it at that. Moderately busy work schedule today. This week is filled with reviews and hardcore meetings. I'll be ready for a beverage at the end of each day!!! The remodelers will be back. Hopefully they'll finish up Bathroom #2 this week and get everything but the cabinets completed in the kitchen. Not sure what else is going on. Looks like with all of this nice WX that the grass is still growing and I might have to mow again. Yikes! Sic .... take it easy. Hopefully that knee responds. Be safe and be good.

Good morning. Nice to get a bit more sleep though it starts to get dark after 4pm. Don’t think I could live in Alaska. Monday errands and banana bread on the docket today, maybe some workers. Glad you’re feeling better, Sic. Think about wearing a brace when you’re working and cycling.
Enjoy your Monday. Stay safe and healthy.

Good morning. It's 52 on its way to 64. Still nice WX. Very busy meeting schedule today. Slept a little better last night. The remodelers are still at it. Started working on our 2022 garden plan. Not sure what else is going on today. My wife has been taking it easy the last couple of days. I guess she's resting up for the grandkids this weekend! Be safe and be good.

I can walk with one crutch this morning. Most of the day will be on the couch. Sonya is at the stables this morning. We have several movies we are going to watch this afternoon/ evening. Starting a extremely light rehab and also doing uperbody aerobics through out the day. My cycling and sports medicine background and the ability to rest like this is going to really help the healing, Hopefully. My leg muscles definitely helped to spread the injury instead of one specific thing taking all the trauma. Banana bread and milk is one of my favorite treats. I bet you bake good Catherine, I can tell. Yall be awesome and good morning.

Last edited:
Good morning. The CG had lots of bagged leaves donated, so for the 2nd time, we moved most of them to a leaf bin for use next year or left them in bags. Yesterday’s haul was 100 bags. It’s nice that the community is sharing rather than having them go to the landfill. I made gluten free banana bread for daughter, we’re still experimenting on different flours. Next batch will be normal. 😊. Glad you’re better Sic. Just don’t rush the healing.
I hope your day goes well. Stay healthy and hydrated.

Good morning. It's 58 on its way to 66. Rain and wind in the forecast for this afternoon through tomorrow morning. Got my water leak fixed. Now my yard is dug-up and looks like crap. It's always something. Busy meeting schedule today from 8:00-3:00. The remodelers are still doing remodeling. Not sure what else we've got going on today. Maybe grilling tonight. Catherine .... banana bread sounds great .... I'm going to put in my request with the boss lady to make some of that once the kitchen is finished. Be safe and be good.

Good morning. Dreary sky, hoping for some sort of moisture. We’re hopefully celebrating a family member’s birthday - a great reason to eat out. Too many restaurants have closed their doors. It looks like CO residents aren’t too smart re: wearing masks and keeping the Covid away. So much controversy.
Have a wonderful day. Stay smart and healthy.

Knee is feeling better, still spending most of the day on couch. Breakfast then finding terrible movies to watch. Enjoy ypu day and good morning. I thought they should have closed and kept all the resturants closed. We probably should have been taking care of ourselves 50 years ago, extremely over populated with filth and pigs. Happy smiles,lol.

Good morning. It's 45 on its way to 56. A cold front came through with severe T Storms last evening. It's forecasted to be a bluebird day but the winds will be very strong. It will be a busy and stressful meeting day. Had a scare yesterday .... one of our contractors was not feeling well and got COVID tested. Fortunately, his test came back negative. That would have a been a mess if he'd tested positive. Not sure what else we've got going on today. The grandkids will be here tomorrow evening and my sister will be visiting from Colorado Springs. We're all going to a Celebration of Life for my dear Aunt.; that's being held on Saturday in a very small rural town south of here. Mask up. Be safe and be good.

Good morning. Sunny and very windy, but no moisture. We had a nice lunch with everyone yesterday and even talked about upcoming holidays and who is going to host what holiday. Nothing much is planned for today, a beautiful day to enjoy.
Stay healthy, keep the masks handy, and stay hydrated.

Back