• Politics are not permitted. There's plenty of places to discuss that elsewhere, and a hot pepper forum is not the place. Thank you for respecting the community!

off-topic Good Mornin' Thread - For those that get up really early and post

Good morning. It's 40 on its way to 40. Windy and mostly cloudy. Slight chance of rain or a snow shower. Working until mid afternoon and then shutting down. The grandkids will be here this evening as well as my sister/family from Colorado Springs. I've been told we're all going out for dinner in a town 25 miles north of here. Celebration of Life thing tomorrow. Not entirely sure what else is going on this weekend. I've got office work to do on Sunday morning. I'll try to fit in some football watching this weekend too. Be safe and be good.

Good morning. Frost on the lawn, and a beautiful sun in the sky. We have a few errands and then the day is ours to claim. My neighbor goes in for consultation about whether to continue her chemo or not. So sad.
Have a wonderful day. Stay healthy when you can. Wear those masks.

Condolences and safe travels Harry, Catherine prayers for your neighbor. Leg was ok yesterday, I wore a brace. Today I will do just a couple chores out back and more resting. Really starting to get hard to find anything new or interesting to watch. Have a great day and good morning.

Good morning. It's 27 on its way to 40. Clear, cold and windy. Celebration of Life at 11:00 today. BBQ dinner last night .... it was good to catchup with my baby sister and BIL from Colorado. She brought me a fabulous bottle of Scotch. Unfortunately our house is torn up from the remodel so they're staying in a hotel up in the city. I guess they're flying back home this evening. The grandkids were very well behaved too. Not sure what else is going on today. I think my wife is taking our little grandson back to his momma this afternoon. I'm going to watch some football. Pizza night this evening! Sic ..... sounds like you're on the mend. Be safe and be good.

Good morning. Looks like a cloudy day ahead w/no rain for awhile. Prayers for your family, Harry, and nice to be with family. Glad to hear Sic is slowly on the mend, but don’t overdo. Find some magazines at the library to keep your mind sharp. The kids sent us their Christmas lists, a bit late. We will see what we can find . . .
Have a wonderful day and enjoy the beauty of the earth.

Good morning. It's 41 on its way to 50. Not a good night. I ate too much junk food yesterday between the Celebration of Life reception and back at the house. I paid for it last night. Not sure what we've got going on today. I've got some office work to do. Probably watch some football. One of the remodel guys will be here. Not sure what else is going on. Be safe and be good.

Good morning. My daughter and I did lots of shopping yesterday, mostly Christmas, and my feet hurt! Then we came home and looked through Christmas decorations, gifts she could take with her. She found some older pics and wants to scan them for herself. Good idea. The house painter/fixer will be here today as the weekend is still shorts weather- strange for November. Glad Sic is healing and taking it easy. Time for Harry to do the same.
Have a wonderful day and stay healthy.

Good morning. It's 41 on its way to 65. It should be sunny and breezy. The WX is all over the place. It's frigid one day and then warm the next. I got some sleep last night and I'm feeling pretty good this morning. My work schedule is open for today. I'll spend most of the day working on a presentation for later in the week. My sister and BIL have returned to Colorado and the grandkids have gone back home. Not sure what else we've got going on today. Be safe and be good.

Good morning. Monday errands, friend to the Dr., and then do something with the bags of leaves donated to the CG over the weekend. I hate being the dumping ground. We can’t burn them, so the bags will be stored somewhere or tossed. The cat is still enjoy her outside jungle, but there’s nothing to hunt except squirrels. They’re way too smart/fast for her.
Have a wonderful day. Keep those masks handy and wear them in crowds.

Good morning. It's 46 on its way to 71. Partly cloudy and windy. Unbelievably, I'm going to have to mow again. The grass is still growing. I don't think I've ever mowed this late in the year and we've been out here 20+ years. Today, I've got back-to-back meetings from 8:30-3:00. Our kitchen is completely tore up and will be for the next couple of weeks. I'll be glad when we can get our lives back to normal. Not sure what is else is going on today. I'm planning on going to the office Wednesday-Friday. That will be different. My wife is shopping for some new furniture :banghead:. Not much else is going on. Be safe, be blessed and be good.

wife is at the stables, we ended doing nothing yesterday. Today im mowing front yard and fixing chainsaw. Couple other chores in the barn while wife works in the gardens. We are both on a diet so that sucks,lol. Yall have a great day and good morning.

Good morning. Painters were here all day yesterday, mostly replacing wood and siding pieces. Probably no painting for awhile as it’s too cold. It’s hard to believe we’ve been here so long and not had to replace the outside wood, framing and such.
Have a wonderful day and stay healthy.

Got my chores including trimming some hedges done yesterday. We have to go grocery shopping this morning. Little work in the barn as I really need to reorganize, just dont know what to do with half the stuff. Crazy how junk just appears? Have a wonderful day and good morning.

Last edited:
Good morning. It's 57 on its way to 54. Heading into the office in a few minutes. Busy day ahead with meetings with one of my suppliers. The remodelers will still be at the house. Not sure what else is going on today. We've got no kitchen right now. It's a hassle. Be safe and be good.

Good morning. A bit of white stuff has landed on the roof, with a temp of 25*F. It looks like a beautiful day to spend inside. Sic - stuff sure does accumulate, and hard to throw it away. I have way too much stuff, especially books. Someday . . .
Have a blessed day and stay healthy.

Good morning. It's 35 on its way to 45. Heading back into the office in a few minutes for day 2 of meetings. This time with my customer. Day 1 meetings were with one of my key suppliers. My wife got the booster on Tuesday and it kicked her butt. I got home from the office last evening and she was already sacked out. Regarding how stuff accumulates ..... We have a large burn/brush pile that we burn off twice per year. We load that thing up with all kinds of stuff from brush to furniture. We also make a couple trips to the dump each year to drop off big stuff and metal. My wife has a rule that if she hasn't used it in 3 years, she trashes or donates it. Not much is happening. Be safe and be good.

Did some burning ourselves the other day. Im going to try and ride my bike today, nice and easy just 20 miles. I think I should be ok. Eclipse starts at 1am tomorrow so we will kinda party and stay up. Wife is into all that stuff, shes super spirtual. Puppy weighs 23 pounds she looks like a fat eggroll. Yall be good and have a great day, good morning.

Back