• Politics are not permitted. There's plenty of places to discuss that elsewhere, and a hot pepper forum is not the place. Thank you for respecting the community!

off-topic Good Mornin' Thread - For those that get up really early and post

Good morning. Dreary sky, hoping for a bit of rain. We have baby supply pick up, and then more organization of the donated supplies which takes a bit of time. Daughter came over yesterday so we shopped at Costco and Sam’s instead of making cookies.
Have a wonderful day. Stay hydrated and healthy.

Good morning! Looks like a 57F to 77F day, with most of it nice; storms in late afternoon. Moved plants outside to the carport yesterday. Found a tray that got fried by the lights. Grrr. It's ok, I still have too many anyway. Might try to get the grass cut before the storms. Have a great Tuesday and be safe out there!

Good morning. It's 50F on its way to 55F. Rain in the forecast. Finally got the plants out of the basement and into the back of the old truck, delivered the boat to my retired buddy who's starting on the electronics installation and got my mower fixed. Heading to the office in a few minutes. Full schedule at work today. Not much is going on. Be safe and be good.

Good morning. Cloudy and 62F, on its way to 77F. Rained pretty good last night - we needed it. Got the grass cut yesterday. Had a young fella come by about a big, dead, slippery bark elm that needs removal. Struck a deal. He's supposed to do it today, but all that rain last night - the ground might be too wet for his truck to drive through the yard. We'll see. Not sure what else I might get into today lol. Harry, sure sounds like you checked off a lot of items on the list yesterday. Congrats! Have a great day everybody!

Bike ride with two buddies. Doing a century, which its been over a year for all 3 of us. Going to be a ugly, slow, lots of complaining kinda day :rofl:Got to get truck and trailer ready this evening still havent changed blades, probably first thing in the morning. Have a great day and good morning.

Good morning. Happy Cinco de Mayo!!! It's 50F on its way to 65F. It's still raining. I took a look at the long range forecast ..... mid 80s and 90s all next week! I don't get it. Crazy busy work schedule today. Not much else is going on. I have tomorrow off ..... going to work on the boat and get a new battery for the mower (it's weak and doesn't hold a charge). Sunday is plant out day for the super hots and most of the tomatoes. Not much else is happening. Be safe and be good.

Last edited:
Good morning. Well, that big ol' tree is down. The crew of three was here 10 hrs - didn't leave until dark. Coming back this morning to finish up. And yes, their truck got stuck lol. Had to pull it out with my truck lol. Now I got a pile of logs to haul to the burn pile. Probably take me all Summer, ha. It's cloudy and 59F on its way to 67F. Have a few errands to run today, then down to the garden most likely. Have a great Thursday everybody!

Good morning. It's 55F on its way to 65F. The rain has ended! I did some research using the long-term forecast. Avg daytime temp for the next 14 days is 83F and the average night-time low is 63F. It's time to plant out! Looks to be in the 90s by mid next week. Working on the boat until mid-afternoon and then I'm off to mow. Not much else is going on. My wife is planting more lettuce, carrots and radishes today. Our big plant out day is Sunday. Grilling and leftover Cinco de Mayo beverages tonight. Be safe and be good.

Good morning! It's raining and 60F, on its way to 64F. Flash Flood Watch in effect. The river's already up from the inch of rain Tuesday. Tree guy came back and spent 3 more hours cleaning up. I'm not sure they ended up making any money on this job lol. They did do a great job though. Started rebuilding one of the garden gates yesterday. Will finish it and hang it after the rain is done. Need to start thinking about what beans to grow this year. Don't have much else planned for the day. Maybe catch some golf on the tube. Have a great Friday everybody!

Good morning. Dry and in the high 70’s, a nice day to clean up the garden. I have bindweed popping up everywhere after the rain. Coffee group, then concentrate on chores at home. The CG looks lonely with only garlic growing, and huge rhubarb. I cut out a huge piece of the crown for a friend that weighed close to 20 lbs. she’s dividing that up into 5 friends. Guess the rhubarb is happy where it is.
Have a wonderful day. Enjoy the beauty of the earth.

Not positive what we are doing today? Storms may be coming in so we are waiting to see what happens. Its 78 with a 73 dew point at 6 am,lol. Hope everyone has a great day. Behave and be well. Good morning.

We decided to go on a walk this morning then bum around the house.

Last edited:
Good morning. It's 50F on its way to 75F. Yesterday, I ended up working on the boat the entire day. My wife got a bunch of stuff planted out in the garden. Last evening I got the outdoor sound system working. I'm planning on working on the boat this morning and then I have to mow/trim and prepare for tomorrow's major plant out of peppers and tomatoes. It's a major ordeal because everything is double checked, mapped out and tagged .... don't need any mixups. Grilling and beverages this evening. Be safe and be good.

Good morning. Looks like another 80*F day that’s too warm for May. Working on getting the sprinklers ready, checking for the usual leaks. The power washers will be here today - hopefully they will be done, but somehow I doubt it.
Have a wonderful day. Stay healthy and hydrated.

Day two of the deluge. It's currently 50F on its way to nowhere. Flash Flood Warning now in effect. Continued steady rain forecast for today. All told, we're supposed to get 4-5 inches between yesterday and today. Don't see the river out of its' banks yet. Lost power last night from 9-11pm. Don't know the cause as yet. Watched the golf match yesterday. Probably a repeat today. Hope everybody has a great Saturday. Good Morning!

Bike ride this morning, call mom then go to lowes. Picking up mulch then dropping it at a job for tomorrow. Was going to ride road bike but have a flat and not sure if I feel like messing with it, maybe gravel bike? Time shall tell. Yall have a great day and good morning.

Catherine, how much stuff is being pressure washed? Seems like they have been working for a month,lol.

Good morning and Happy Mother's Day! It's 65F on its way to 80F. The wind is howling. Not a good day for plant out. We might have to delay. If we don't plant out, I've got lots of other chores. Be safe and be good.

Back