• We welcome content that is not political, divisive, or offensive. If we feel your content leans this way or has the potential to, it may be removed at any time. A hot pepper forum is not the place for such content. Thank you for respecting the community!

off-topic Good Mornin' Thread - For those that get up really early and post

Good morning. It's clear and 35F ..... on its way to 65. Extremely busy work schedule today. Catherine .... Indeed very early for blooming Iris. I'll start hardening off all the starts starting tomorrow. The 10 day forecast has day time highs in the 70s and nighttime lows around 50. I harden off the plants in the bed of one of the old trucks. Seems to work well. If there's storms, high winds or cold temperatures, I pull the truck into the barn. Plant out in 1.5 weeks. Not much else is going on .... still working on my mower. Lots of small chores until plant out. I got notification that the last of my boat equipment shipped so I've got that project too! Be safe and be good.

Last edited:
Good morning. It's cloudy and 55F on its way to 64F. Chance of showers/T-storms this afternoon. Getting ready for a few chilly days ahead. Saw our first hummingbird yesterday. Feeder went up within the hour lol. Not much planned for the day - just gonna chill. Margarita Monday was excellent! Have a great day everybody!

Good morning. It's 50F on its way to 75F. Heading into the office in a few minutes. Busy meeting schedule today. The 10 day forecast looks good. Highs in the 70s and lows in the 50s. Time to get those plants out from under the lights and outside! Not much else is going. I still need to fix the mower! Not much else is going on. Be safe and be good.

prayers for your neighbor Catherine. Dont need to mow the stables today but have some spraying and clear the creek bed and maintenance on one of the mowers. Couple chores around the house also with a couple errands mixed in. Easy day, "hopefully" yall be good and have a great day . Good morning.

Currently 47F on its way to 55F. Mostly sunny and windy. Not a great day to be outside. Freeze watch in effect for tonight. Back is really bothering me. Might try to lounge today as well. Need to decide about covering blueberries...again. Also need to water plants...again lol. Hope you're feeling better Catherine. Have a wonderful Wednesday everybody!

Good morning. Thanks for the get well greetings. I hate not feeling up to par. Think I’ll just stay home today and clean clutter I’ve been avoiding. The painters are supposed to power wash the deck so I’ll stay away from moving everything away from the house. I can’t for normalcy to return.
Enjoy your day and stay healthy.

Good morning. It's 60F on its way to 70F. Rain and T Storms. My mower is still broke. A buddy of mine brought over a mower and I was able to get the yard mowed last evening. Cost me a 12 pack. My allergies have been really bad all week. Just blah! Busy work schedule today. My plants need to go out this weekend to start hardening. The method that works best for me: Load the plants into the bed of my oldest pickup truck. I'll park the truck out by garden and if it gets too cold or if the WX is threatening, I'll pull the truck into the barn. Also, the sides of the truck bed keep the plants out of the Kansas high winds. Not much else is going on today. Be safe and be good.

Good morning. 46-70F, looking like a nice Spring day. More noisy power washing today, what a waste of water. I hate to see the next water bill just for cleaning the deck. Still have a sore throat, etc., but need to water the parched flowers since we’ve had no rain in awhile. Hopefully a trip to ARC to get rid of a few things.
Enjoy your day and make someone else’s day a bit brighter.

Good morning. It's mostly sunny and 41F on its way to 54F. Still cool and breezy. Another freeze watch for tonight. Ended up covering the blueberries yesterday...again. Will leave them covered until tomorrow, at least. I'm hoping this is the last of the freezes. Watered and fed plants yesterday as well. Not sure what's on the plate for today. Hope everyone has a great day and be safe out there!

off to mow. Hopefully getting some rain this weekend. Lots of blueberries in these parts Downriver, when their in season the local honey has a blue berry taste. we have to do lots of pressure washing here because of all the mold. Everything gets covered, its crazy. Perfect atmosphere I guess. Yall have a great day and good morning.

Last edited:
Good morning! It's sunny and 42F on its way to 65F. Should be a good day to get outside. The weather forecast says "Plenty of sun; a good afternoon to mow the lawn". I wonder what time they're gonna get here, lol. I don't see any more 30's in the forecast, so hopefully all this freeze warning stuff is done for this Spring. I do need to mow around the house and do some weed-whacking. Plus, there's always garden prep to be done. Have a great day everybody!

Good morning. 40-60F range today, another beautiful day to weed or water. I’m hoping the painters have finished power washing and can start staining the deck. Sic - can’t wait to taste blueberry honey - in a few years. Yum. Looks like a perfect Friday to enjoy nature and check out the CG.
Have a wonderful day. Stay healthy and safe.

Hopefully your hunt was good Harry. Have to go pick up a new mower for the horse stables this morning and run a few errands. Hopefully this mower isnt junk. Not sure what else is going on? Catherine hopefully its sooner than later. Yall behave yourselves and good morning.

Good morning. Didn't go mushroom hunting .... I am not feeling well. Seems like the worst cold I've had in 20+ years. Can't sleep, can't sit.... it's a mess. Extreme chest congestion and feels like my head is in a vice. I thought it was allergies .... obviously something different now. Just trying to get some rest today. Be safe and be good.

Good morning. Harry, many thought and prayers to get over this cold soon. It’s like cold and flu mixed together and you can’t shake it completely. The power washers were here all day yesterday and still aren’t finished - maybe today. I watered the garlic and flowers at the CG, can’t wait to see the garlic in July.
Have a wonderful end of April. Stay healthy and safe.

Back