• Politics are not permitted. There's plenty of places to discuss that elsewhere, and a hot pepper forum is not the place. Thank you for respecting the community!

off-topic Good Mornin' Thread - For those that get up really early and post

Good morning. Cloudy and cooler. That sun really makes the air so much warmer, so the clouds are welcome. Garden chores and weeds to pull. Coffee group and a few errands. I noticed flea beetles on my potted celosia. Maybe they’ll leaves the tomatoes alone.
I hope your day goes well. Stay healthy and hydrated.

Good morning. It's 81 (27c) on its way to 101 (38c). Hot and humid. This morning, I have to head into town to my old work office. I've been asked to train a few of the younger guys on some financial stuff and to turn in my DoD ID. It's weird .... I'm not used to wearing a shirt, shoes, socks and long pants :lol: ! Ran a bunch of errands yesterday .... picked up hot tub chemicals, adult beverages, Costco run, bank ..... Started watering yesterday. I'll finish today. The garden looks stressed from the heat. The tomatoes are suffering a bit. The peppers look happy. Not much else is going on. I might spool up a few fishing reels this afternoon. Brats and beverages this evening. Be safe and be good.

Good morning. Another humid day of showers and threats of severe storms. It's 75 on its way to 87 (rf 99). Ain't retirement grand! Nothing planned for today. Probably continue loading/updating software on the new laptop. Hope you feel better Sic. Have a wonderful Wednesday everybody!

Morning all another warm, breezy day - the breeze is keeping the heat down which is fine by me.
Lots of potting-on yesterday and the final toddlers are ready to leave the greenhouse to join their older brothers outside :D
Not much on today, so I'll start with a bit of hoeing and see where Thursday takes me.
Have a good one

Off to the stables at day break. I may also go do a small tree job this afternoon? We will see how I feel. Its actually to hot for that as I try to keep all that type of work for the fall and winter but he is one of my biggest accounts. Need to mow my lawn also. Its going to be a long day however it gets cut. Be good behave enjoy your day, I know I will. Good morning.

Good morning. It's 77 (25c) on its way to 97 (36c) .... a little rain in the area .... lots of rain just to the north. @MWC .... retirement's been grand so far for me! I thought I might miss work .... Not! Finished watering yesterday. I don't have alot planned for today. I might work on some fishing tackle this morning and I'm getting together with some ex-coworkers later this afternoon for some BBQ and beverages. Harvesting blackberries daily and this year they're huge! My wife says there's a bunch of jalapenos to pick too. Be safe and be good.

Good morning. Thanks for sharing a brief shower yesterday, Downriver. I’ll be happy with more rain any time. We put together baby layettes today, then start digging up garlic depending on the heat. It will be nice to have that done. Blackberries sound wonderful, Harry. Our currants are getting ripe(r), but still a bit tart. The heat will help that.
Have a wonderful day today. Stay safe.

Another cloudy, humid, threat of rain/thunderstorms day. Lots in the area yesterday, but not over our house. It's 73, on its way to 81 (rf 88). Since I'm planning on doing some garden chores today, maybe it'll rain lol. Need to pick blueberries. @midwestchilehead John, I haven't met a person yet that doesn't like retirement. Just wait. You'll see lol. Hope everybody has a terrific Thursday. Good Morning!

Last edited:
Good morning. It's 75 (24c) on its way to 90 (32c). A little rain overnight and a significant cool down with a nice north breeze. Picked our first tomatoes yesterday. A couple of dozen. Need to pick peppers. Yesterday, spent several hours removing nasty lower leaves from tomato plants. Also harvested around 10 tomato horn worms that were immediately dispatched. Spent last evening having BBQ and beverages with some of my ex-coworkers .... it was a good time but kept me up late! Not sure what's on the agenda for today. I'll need to mow/trim sometime in the next couple of days. Grilling and beverages this evening. Be safe and be good.

Good morning. Well, 0 for 2 on the rain/thunderstorms. Maybe today? It's partly sunny, humid and 75, on its way to 85 (rf 95). Another day with a chance of thunderstorms. Decided to pack up and put away all the seed-starting paraphernalia yesterday. Damn near took all afternoon lol. I need to grow less :P . Definitely going down to the garden today and do some chores. Sounds like the bearings on one of the blade shafts on the mower deck has gone bad. Fun times ahead replacing that! Need to order parts. Hope everybody has a fantastic Friday! Be safe out there.

Heal up Tink. Internet has been out for 3 days, have to use phones. Which is crazy they still work but can't keep it working in house? Suppose to be fixed Monday afternoon. Walk this morning then a couple chores. Then we are going to chill big time. Have a great day and good morning.

Back