• Politics are not permitted. There's plenty of places to discuss that elsewhere, and a hot pepper forum is not the place. Thank you for respecting the community!

off-topic Good Mornin' Thread - For those that get up really early and post

Good morning. Nice to hear the bees are doing well, Sic. They are such an important part of nature. And Harry’s cat is doing well also.
We had a quick heavy thunderstorm last night that must have poured an inch or more of rain here. The last storm didn’t touch the community garden only 3 miles away. Weird.
Garden chores, pickled beets, relaxing are on today’s docket. Have a beautiful day. Take care of nature and stay safe.

Good morning. Overcast and 74, on its way to 85 (rf 92). Need to replace lights in the garage. There's four 8ft florescents. The ballast is shot in one and flickering in another. Priced replacing the ballast - $80 each. Not. I can replace the whole light a lot cheaper than that. Need to pack for steak and bbq comps this weekend, then chillin. Have a terrific Thursday everybody. Be safe out there.

Good morning. Muddy gardens, but nice to have them green. The temps were so much cooler and comfortable, but the 90s are creeping back. Estes Park in the mountains got hammered with so much hail the snowplows had to clean roads and sidewalks. We were lucky this time, only heavy rain.
Harry, have a great time in Canada- we’ll be thinking of you.
Enjoy your day and stay safe and healthy.

It's cloudy and 71, on its way to 77 (rf 86). Cooler today with a few showers. Is it just me or has the humidity been worse this year than most? Geez, just step out to get the mail and you're soaking wet. Worked on the mower deck yesterday. Could not find anything wrong with it. All the bearings still seemed tight. Decided to grease it up and give it a go. Mowed for 4 hours - no problem. I'm ok with that. Getting ready to head out to the comps. Hope everybody has a fantastic Friday. Good Morning!

Good morning. It's 66 (19c) on its way to 80 (27c). Mowed yesterday. The grass was too long and wet. Took me 4 hours (an hour longer than usual). Trimming this AM. After that, loading up the vehicle with all the Canada gear and heading out by early afternoon. Be safe and be good.

Good morning. Best of everything on your trip to Canada, Harry. Drive safely. It looks like a typical CO day, cool in AM, then hot. Went to the CG yesterday and found tomato cages blown over, lots of damage to beans and beets. It must have hailed a bit there. It should all recover, but when? Still no tomatoes forming, I just need patience.
Have a wonderful weekend. Stay safe and healthy.

Morning all, going to be a hot one today and all of next week if the weather boffins are to be believed.
Sorry to hear about the hail destruction of your veggies Catherine, damned nuisance when that happens - we had a hailstorm and it took all the flowers off the beans, they're slowly recovering.
Been harvesting whatever is ready in the garden for bbq lunch, beers chilling and that's it not doing anything else.
Have a good Sunday.

Good morning. The 90s temps are back for awhile, at least the peppers love the heat. Busy week coming up, so we’ll take the free time when we can find it. Hoping for a trip in August - just around CO, nothing special. Just to get away.
Have a great end of July day. I’m not sorry to see the month change. Stay healthy and safe.

Good morning. It's overcast and 65, on its way to 75 (rf 80). Supposed to be cloudy and cooler with thunderstorms this afternoon. Back home from the BBQ comp. Ended up spending time with some longtime cook team friends, and helping with their entries. They ended up 2nd out of 53 teams. The BBQ was incredible. It's a double competition, so they'll do it all again today. I wish them the best of luck. I need to finish up mowing, but I'm afraid the rain might interfere with that. Otherwise, I think today might be a good chillin day. Harry, I know you're already on your way, but I hope you have a fantastic trip and fill up the boat. Hope everybody has a restful Sunday. Be safe out there.

Back