• Politics are not permitted. There's plenty of places to discuss that elsewhere, and a hot pepper forum is not the place. Thank you for respecting the community!

off-topic Good Mornin' Thread - For those that get up really early and post

Good morning. Monday errands and chores, then grocery shopping. The 90s temps are back to torture us. A friend has asked for irises so I’ll have to start digging them up again. Actually I think his daughter gave him an “I want” message. Soon will be off to th CG to water, no rain for awhile.
Have a great day. Enjoy nature’s beauty, weeds and all.

It's currently sunny and 69, on its way to 84 (rf 90). Should be a nice day, the last one before the brutal heat sets in tomorrow for the rest of the week. Well, yesterday I achieved my goal of chillin lol. Today it's errands, with Wally World leading the list. Then maybe down to the garden. I bet it's a jungle down there, ha. Hope everybody has a marvelous Monday. Good Morning!

Morning cherubs, another hot one today 35C - working all day.
I'm being pestered by a mosquito in the bedroom so once I get home I shall be a-hunting the pesky varmint.
Not much else planned for today.
Have a good Tuesday and keep cool.

Good morning. It's cloudy and 77, on its way to 85 (rf 90). Chance of showers this AM, then partly sunny. If it's not too wet, I need to cut the grass around the house. Maybe some weed whacking as well. Still need to get to the garden, ha. Hope everybody has a terrific Tuesday. Be safe out there.

Morning all - nice and cool out there so trying to get everything done before temps reach 35C.
Looking at the long range weather forecast it's going to be in the mid- to high-35C for the next 2 weeks at least. Getting fed up with salad.
Good day at work even if it was hot, dusty and dry.
Not much planned for today except keeping cool.
Have a good hump day and keep cool.
Edit: been down the garden for an hour tidying up, 10 a.m. now and it's too hot for anything.

Last edited:
Well, another heatwave begins. It's currently sunny and 65, on its way to 88 (rf 95). Forecast is short and not so sweet: "Mostly sunny and humid". Got most of the grass cut yesterday. Kabota still cutting fine. Still need to weedwhack at some point, but I think a trip to the garden is becoming more important. We've gotten some rain over the past week, but it might be getting time to water. Also gonna try to spray the beans for Mexican Bean Beetles. Hummingbird wars at the feeders are starting. Wonder if Harry has filled the boat yet? lol. Hope everyone has a wildly wonderful Wednesday. Good Morning!

Morning all another hot one in store for today, temps 35-38C no breeze - oh joy!
Been out and done everything, it's 9.30 a.m. and I'm not going out there again today.
Jigsaw puzzle and book for the rest of today. If it wasn't so hot I'd have a duvet day :lol:
Have a good Thursday and keep cool.

have to go to Uncle Bens today as he has company tomorrow and wants things cleaned up before they arrive. Mowing our property and a few chores first then spending the rest of the day at his place. Its still really hot and will be so happy once we get some relief. Have a great day and good morning.

Good morning. Hard to do much in this heat, just enjoy the cool mornings and wait for the cooler weather. I have lots of flower deadheading to do, but that can wait. I still have iris to divide and cukes to pick. I’m not I’ll get many tomatoes because of the hail, but will be happy with a few.
Have a wonderful day. Stay cool if possible. Hopefully Harry has been enjoying his fishing trip.

Good morning. It's sunny and 80, on its way to 90 (rf 100). Another toasty day. Watered the garden yesterday and did general garden maintenance. Not sure what's on the plate for today, but I hope it's inside lol. Have a terrific Thursday everybody! Be safe out there.

Waaay haaaaayy - not only is it Friday but it's also COOL - 18C this a.m. and 25C this afty - with a northerly breeze, bliss!
I may have to actually put some proper clothes on.
Work this a.m. then everything I wanted to do this week but couldn't because of the heat.
Oh joy Oh joy - I might even have a little dance :dance:
Have a good one and keep cool.

Last edited:
Good morning. It's cloudy and 69, on its way to 86 (rf 96). Two or three thunderstorms rumbled through overnight with a couple more forecast for this afternoon. Always happy to get some rain. Not sure what's on the plate for today, but chillin is high on MY list lol. Have a great Friday everybody!

Morning chickens - weekend! Temps 30C but a strong northerly breeze, it's quite pleasant out there.
Done my daily stomp before it warms up, remembered the music this time, hope no one saw me dancing along the country roads 😊
Clipped the brambles and tidied up the peppers, need to check on the veggie patch later once coffee has been drunk.
MotoGP this weekend, so I shall be slobbing out this afternoon.
Have a good one and keep cool.

Last edited:
Back