• Politics are not permitted. There's plenty of places to discuss that elsewhere, and a hot pepper forum is not the place. Thank you for respecting the community!

off-topic Good Mornin' Thread - For those that get up really early and post

Good morning. It's 61 (16c) on its way to 92 (33c). A cool down for South Texas :). Yesterday, we did some sightseeing in a very scenic town about 90 miles from here. On the way back to "home base", we stopped at one of my favorite distilleries. Sic .... I was watching "the news" and saw that nasty WX coming your way. It appears it's time to batten down the hatches! Not sure what we've got going on today. I'm sure we'll figure something out. I just did some office work. Of course, it seems like the minute we left town all hell breaks loose on my projects at work. Oh well ... I'm retired (sort of). Everybody have a great day! Be safe and be good.

Last edited:
Good morning. Thoughts and prayers for Sic and his wife with the hurricane coming his way. Fellow CG gardener went to the Pueblo Chile Festival this past weekend and brought me seeds for next year, so I’ll be growing lots of Pueblos, I hope. Busy errand day and will find time for the gardens.
Have a wonderful day. Enjoy nature’s beauty.

I forgot my morning post - you can have an afternoon one instead :D
Work all day today at the charity compound, took some chilli peppers in for my mad chilli friend, so we sat on a table eating raw, hot peppers and discussing the heat and flavour. I seem to have adopted another chilli plant, not sure what it is but the peppers have a great flavour.
And that's it for today.

Today around 2 is going to be our "storm" time until thursday evening. We probably will be getting only 84 mph winds with flooding and power outages. We shall see? Not doing much today. Going to take a bike ride into town if its not raining which it is at the moment. Have a great day and good morning.

G’mornin’!

Another chilly morning outside KC. 54 degrees… highs in the 70s and lows in the 40s for the rest of the week. The stuff still on the vine needs to hurry up and finish! Another “office day” which means low productivity and more empty calories as the company continues its campaign of bribing employees to come into the office with snacks and junk-food!

Good morning. It's sunny and 48F, on its way to 63F. Pretty chilly day for September. Average high for today is 75F. Picked a few peppers yesterday. Still a lot to go. Gonna try to mount the deck back on the kubota today. Grass is getting tall and rain is coming this weekend. Sic - be careful down there. This storm is no joke. Hope everybody has a wonderful Wednesday. Be safe out there.

Good morning. It's 63 on its way to 91. Bright and sunny. Sic .... hunker down. That storm looks nasty. Drove over to Lockhart (BBQ capital of Texas?) yesterday. It was good. We ate at 3 different joints. I've got a few work calls this morning and then I guess we'll do some more sightseeing. Looking forward to getting back home. It's funny how that works! Not much else is going on. Be safe and be good.

Last edited:
we are all good. Its freezing out at 66 though, high is only going to be 73. Never lost power but it seems everyone around us is out. We do have a generator if it goes out later. It looks like rain and light winds the rest of the day with a tropical storm warning and tomorrow is back to normal. Thanks again for the well wishes. Have a great day and good morning.

Good morning. It's 58 on its way to 91. It's like "Groundhog Day" for the WX. It's pretty much been the same WX everyday down here in Texas this week. Sic ... Glad to hear you guys are doing OK so far. Saw some incredible footage of the storm from around Sarasota. I used to work at the Sarasota airport and was familiar with some of the area the commentators were referring to. Yikes! Yesterday we went and ate some terrific Tex Mex. Not real sure what we're doing today but we'll figure something out. Be safe and be good.

Good morning. Glad to hear Sic and family are OK. Scary storm. Typical Fall weather here with temps 48F-78F, no rain. The CG is looking bare with a few of us removing the larger plants and finally harvesting. Sad to see, but hope for better weather next year.
Have a wonderful day. Remember those less fortunate.

Good morning. Good to read you're ok Sic. It's sunny and 51, on its way to 67. Should be a pretty day. Got the mower deck re-mounted. Seams to work ok....I guess. We'll see tomorrow. Dentist's appointment today. Why do people not like going to the Dentist (me included)? It's not all that bad...usually, lol. Hope everybody has a terrific Thursday. Be safe out there.

Morning all. Glad you're OK Sic - that hurricane was a real mofo
Anyway welcome lovely Friday - I have the day off - so far anyway :D Not much planned, harvest some more peppers, bag up seeds and maybe some household chores (ugh!)
Have a good Friday chilli people and stay safe.

Back