• Politics are not permitted. There's plenty of places to discuss that elsewhere, and a hot pepper forum is not the place. Thank you for respecting the community!

off-topic Good Mornin' Thread - For those that get up really early and post

Good morning. It's 52F (11C) on its way to 84F (29C). One meeting at 0930 this morning and then I'm headed out to get trimmer string and then off to the nursery to get some potting soil. Mowing this afternoon. Grilling this evening. Be safe and be good.
garden_spring_2023.jpeg

Good morning. Smoky haze, air alert that should keep us indoors. That’ll never happen while the sun tries to shine. Planting a bit more at the CG after a meeting. The dirt is still wet, but seeds need to be sown. More rain predicted.
Good news that many of the iris are blooming, and many will be divided or tossed. We aren’t used to so much rain.
Have a great day. Stay safe and get healthy.

Good morning. It's sunny and 61F, on its way to 75F. Another nice day. Spent time in the garden yesterday. Finished prepping the pepper rows. Planted cucumber seeds. Today it's prep the bean trellises day. Will plant them in the next day or two hopefully. No Margarita Monday yesterday. Bummer. Maybe next week, lol. Garden looks fantastic Harry. Hope everybody has a terrific Tuesday. Be safe out there.

Last edited:
Morning all - Hump Day is here and the weekend is getting closer.
Another sunny day, that NE wind is back with a vengeance.
Hopefully the veg patch will be rotovated today, the plants need to go in soon.
I shall be out checking on pepper plants, feeding, watering and repotting as needed.

@Harry_Dangler that is an impressive set up - can I borrow your city slickers for the weekend?

I was given 2 packs of pepper seeds yesterday, I'm ummming and aaahhing about whether to start them off :lol:

Have a good Wednesday, keep calm, cool and pain-free and smile :D as always

Good morning. Planting 6 tomatoes at the CG this AM, and maybe a few more tonight if the rain holds. Got all the beans done yesterday so I’m getting there.
Harry, your garden looks amazing as usual. Your gardening expertise will surely rub off on the city slickers soon, so they can start their own gardens.
Happy Wednesday, and have a great day.

Good morning. It's 55F (13C) on its way to 84F (29C). Could have a pop-up T-storm this afternoon. Thanks to everybody for all the nice comments on the garden. Sic .... I have stepped off the wagon, not fallen .... just stepped. Our kitchen refrigerator went INOP yesterday. It's 12 years old .... time to get Mrs. D. a new one. The plan is to go to the local small town appliance business this morning and see what they can offer. I've got 5 leftover pepper plants that I'm going to put in large pots on the screened in porch. I need to do that today. They're "spice series" jalapenos and don't get very big anyway. Perfect for the porch. If Mrs. D. gets her new refrigerator and I get the pepper plants potted up, it will be a successful day. Ribs and pulled pork this evening. Be safe and be good.

Good morning. It's sunny and 61F, on its way to 81F. Calling for a "hazy" day. Does that mean it's supposed to be a "lazy" day? ha. Got a few things done in the garden yesterday. Cleared one of the raised beds and planted overgrown collards and cabbage plants. Don't expect much out of them, but you wouldn't know unless they're in the ground. Also transplanted the thornless ?berries we managed to save from the renovation of the bed earlier this year. Planted 5 fill-ins and have 3 left. Not sure what to do with them yet. Have a few errands then Dr's appointment this afternoon, so probably won't make it down to the garden today. Hope everybody has a wonderful Wednesday. Be safe and tick free out there.

Last edited:
Good morning.

Barber shop, some errands and back to mi casa to pot up some more plants. 48 down and 50 or so to go.

Sic. My son got a job at Walmart unloading trucks and stocking. $18.50hr !!!! He’s athletic so it will be more of a workout to him. 😂

My first job was $5.25hr. 13 years old. Subway sandwiches, back when they had punch cards.

Have a great day

Morning chickens - Thursday is here with its whiff of weekend.
Another sunny but very windy day - the rotovating is done, so time for a bit of raking and planting.
Finished all the potting up yesterday, didn't realise how many peppers I had :oops:
So today is full of errands, running around and a bit of planting out - I need a plan, not that I've actually ever followed a plan :lol:

Congrats to your son @OCD Chilehead

Where's that @Ratatouille?

Have a good Thursday, keep calm, cool, pain-free and smile :D you know you want to

Good morning. It's sunny and 53F, on its way to 70F. A little cooler today, but still a great day to work in the garden. Today I hope to make some good progress. Maybe even get some beans planted - we'll see. Pepper planting is planned for Saturday. Have a bone-in turkey breast thawed. Gonna fire up the smoker today or tomorrow. Love smoked turkey. Sic - thoughts and prayers my friend. Chuck - I think I started at $3.45/hr at age 15 pumping gas at Texaco. "You can trust the man, the man who wears the star, the great big Texaco star!", ha. I think gas was .34/gal. Now that's a while a go. Hope everybody has a terrific Thursday. Be safe out there.

Good morning. More rain yesterday that turned to hail a bit north of us. So far we’ve been lucky. I’m hoping to plant out 6 tomatoes again at the CG if it dries a bit. Luncheon with friends, then more weeding after the rains. I may even plant cukes this afternoon.
Congrats on your son working for the summer, Chuck. Builds character.
Have a great Thursday. Give someone a smile today.

Good morning. It's 64F (18C) on its way to 86F (30C) with a few pop T-storms again this afternoon. Not sure what I'm doing today. I need to get some fishing tackle sorted out and I've got one pepper to plant for one that didn't make it. Other than that, might take a walk, work in the barn, go to the lake or drink some beverages. First job .... $5.00/day working in a vineyard; Second job ..... $2.00/hour working as a farm helper. That job included all the water I could drink and all the food I could eat. Graduated from that to working at a nursery .... another back-breaking job for $2.00/hour. Times have changed. The lovely Mrs. D. says that we're having leftovers today .... either BBQ or Mexican food. Be safe and be good.

Good morning.

First of all my heart goes out to you Jason. Very sad news. Hang in there and you can contact me anytime you need to vent.

Thanks for the kind words about my son and his job. I’m so proud of him and he is a great son.

Beautiful morning, slight breeze, sunny the doves are hooting. Humming birds hovering around feeders m. Just another morning with Coffee on the front porch. Oh and Chile plants.

Have a beautiful day and take nothing for granted. Gratitude is the way to a peaceful mind.

Attachments

• IMG_5111.jpeg
    IMG_5111.jpeg
    212.8 KB · Views: 31
Last edited:
Thanks Chuck. Didnt sleep well at all, been up for 2 hours watching Father Stu. Its ok. Took the van to the shop yesterday to have air worked on. Part is $50.00 labor is $400.00. They have to take the entire dash off, blah blah blah. Im hopefully leaving Monday evening to TN for a couple days. More planning today. I will need to mow a couple things on Sunday so I have to make sure thats ok with clients. Received several plates from Chuck in the mail yesterday, going to get them hung today along with a few other ones. Not really sure how much of anything else is going on. Have a great day and good morning.

Back