• Politics are not permitted. There's plenty of places to discuss that elsewhere, and a hot pepper forum is not the place. Thank you for respecting the community!

off-topic Good Mornin' Thread - For those that get up really early and post

Got a decent shower last night. Its a start but no more rain in sight. Chuck thats awesome about the plates, im stoked. Going to go to the Green Swamp for a bike ride then come home and wash bike. Couple errands to run while out. Part for mower came in and that got took care of yesterday. Also removed 2 banana trees for a customer, planted them at our place. They would have cost $300.00 at lowes. Stupid builders just threw them in against a brick wall and irrigation. You should see the bed cut out they did, not good. I fixed that also. Meth heads and bosses that dont see or care. Cheese burgers for dinner. Have a great day and good morning.

Good morning. 49-74F, I’m hoping to get a few more flowers planted before rain. I checked out the CG yesterday, the top 1-2” of dirt was workable, so maybe I’ll be able to at least dig a few holes for tomato placement - only 16 tomatoes planned, though I have 3x that to share with others.
Dr. appt. this afternoon, coffee group, then mixing dirt for peppers. It’s a beautiful day for being outside.
Have a wonderful day. Enjoy the sunshine and rain, if you’re lucky to have any.

Good morning. It's sunny and 63F, on its way to 73F. Another pretty day on tap. Finished clearing the electric fence around the garden. Turned it on and it worked! No repairs needed. That was a surprise. I was in such a good mood I prepped two more rows for planting. The rain never materialized yesterday, so I didn't inventory the plants yet. No hurry. Have a few errands to run today, then hopefully back down to the garden. Hope everybody has a wonderful Wednesday. Be safe and have fun out there.

Good morning. It's 55F on its way to 80F. Should be a very nice day. The rain has finally stopped. Working on transitioning my paying job responsibilities to the next guy up. Done by the end of next week. Delivering plants this evening. Running some errands later this morning and working in the garden. Watching the match this afternoon. Be safe and be good.

Not positive whats going on today. Sonya is going to hangout with Carol for a bit and take her a painting that she did on a glass shower door. I have something in my foot that is causing some pain. It will find its way out. We hillbillies and walk around barefoot most of the time. Harry going to be at wal mart checking receipts soon,lol. Have a great day and good morning.
Screenshot_20230518-053257_Facebook.jpg

Last edited:
Good morning. 48-64F, hopeful for some sun so I can plant a few things in the soggy soil. So far it’s only flowers, but maybe beets can follow. Our soil is just not drying fast enough.
Sic, hope you feel better.
Tinker, going on a long holiday? Lucky you.
Going to the CG soon, maybe getting something done besides weeding.
Have a great Thursday. Enjoy earth’s beauty. Stay safe and healthy.

Good morning. 60-81F. Should be a great day. Rain tonight and throughout tomorrow morning. Sic .... Ha! I try to stay away from WM. When I do have to go, I get in and get out as fast as I can or I send my wife. Even the parking lot is too much for me :crazy: .... unless I go real early. I've had my license plate stolen in the WM parking lot. It was recovered off of some guy's work truck that looked exactly like mine .... 30 miles away. Gave away a few plants last evening. Still got lots more to give away to my "help" this weekend. Tearing out some old raised bed woodwork this morning and rebuilding them. I've got one serious meeting today and that's it. I have officially transitioned all of my work programs to the next guy. I have a week of consulting left and then I'll be completely done. Pizza tonight. Still on the wagon. Be safe and be good.

Last edited:
Good morning. It's sunny and 50F, on its way to 71F. Forecast calls for sunny and pleasant. Sounds good to me. Had a frost advisory last night. Had to schlep plants around. I hate schlepping. Spent most of yesterday picking up sticks and cleaning up around the house. Pulled a bunch of poison ivy. Time will tell if I got any on me. I've been immune all my life, until the last few years. I guess my immunity is wearing off. I've got a tree down that needs a chainsaw. So it's either chainsawing or garden today. Probably can't both lol. Hope everybody has a terrific Thursday. Be safe out there.

Good morning. Rainy and cooler. Last year around this time we had 6” of snow. Still can’t do much in the muddy garden, but I did plant beets yesterday. Hope they won’t rot in this rain. Coffee group, a few errands, then wait for drier weather. We have a reunion dinner tonight for our Germany trip last year. It will be good to see them again.
I hope all is well with everyone. Have a wonderful day and stay safe.

Good morning.

Knee isn’t great this morning. We will see if it works it’s self out.

My sons last day of school. He starts his first job next week. The only one in his class that will be working a job this summer. Amazing.

Sic, I have I think 8 plates. I know for a fact I have 4 more somewhere. I just can’t find them. I’ll take one more look and send you off what I’ve got. If I find the others I’ll send them as well.

Catherinew, it’s amazing how the weather is so different over there. We just had some moisture, but nothing in ways of mud. Not even close. I’ve been watering the lawn daily to prevent it from dying. Freaking dust bowl over here. It does look like precipitation this next week. Have a wonderful time at your reunion.

Take care everyone, enjoy the day and your up coming weekend.

Good morning. It's 60F on its way to 70F. Rain is forecasted to start around mid morning. I hope we get it. The long term forecast is hot (mid 80s) next week with no rain. This weekend I'm going to have to install the irrigation system out in the garden. Got all the raised beds that needed repair done yesterday. Not much going on today with the rain in the forecast. I've got some office work to do and then I guess I'll start working getting stuff ready for our "Helpers Episode #2" to plant on Sunday. They're going to plant the rest of the peppers, sweet corn, bush beans, beets .... etc. Looks like we might have a couple of mornings in the high 40s over the weekend .... yikes. Not sure what's on the menu this evening but I heard the mention of tacos. The grand kiddos will be here after school. Be safe and be good.

Good morning. It's sunny and 60F, on its way to 71F. Another nice day - I'll take it. Well, I managed to cut up the downed tree yesterday. After that, I even went down to the garden and did some work. I'm paying for it today. My back is not so good - again. Another cold night. Locked the plants up in the covered bed of the truck. Hopefully that helped them a little. Don't know what's planned for the day. I need to do a little mowing around the house, and there's always the garden, ha. Hope everybody has a fantastic Friday. Be safe out there.

Morning all - I have returned from the internet wilderness and work :dance:
Weather has not been conducive to planting out peppers - that NE wind is gusting.
Anyways the weekend is here and I shall be attending to plants, we're going to take the cover off the veggie plot today if it's not too windy.
And that's the most excitement for today.
Have a good Saturday - keep calm, cool and pain-free and smile :D

Back