• Politics are not permitted. There's plenty of places to discuss that elsewhere, and a hot pepper forum is not the place. Thank you for respecting the community!

off-topic Good Mornin' Thread - For those that get up really early and post

Good morning. It's overcast and 59F, on its way to 67F. Nice and warm, but calling for wind, rain, and thunderstorms. That's unfortunate. Another day to stay inside. So, I guess I'll research how to prune blackberries, and peach trees for that matter, lol. I think now is the time to trim them, before they come out of dormancy. Think I'll order a new pair of hand pruners. I don't really have a decent pair. Never needed them before the blackberries and peach trees, lol. Hope everybody has a wonderful Wednesday. Be safe out there and keep the umbrella handy.

Good morning. The WX got it right yesterday AM when we got 2” of snow that should melt by noon today. We drove by the CG and noticed the snow had melted while we were away. Time for me to check out the garlic. It’s heavily mulched so may not show growth just yet. Coffee group, then grocery shopping, the basement - ugh.
Have a great middle of the week. Stay safe and healthy. Hugs to Sic to heal from those chigger bites.

Good morning. It's 29F on its way 56F. Warming up from yesterday. 70s/80s by the weekend. Seed futzing and maybe some fishing tackle futzing is on today's agenda. The little crocus flowers are up (4-6 weeks early). I need to straighten up the seed starting room in the basement. That should take an hour or so. Nothing else is happening. Turkey and noodles this evening. Be safe and be good.

Good morning. The cat and I took a stroll on the edges of the garden looking for perennials popping up. No garlic yet, but lots of weeds, a few daffodils that I thought I’d dig up last year, tulips, iris. Luckily it was way too muddy to do any work outside. The basement cleanup was started. Enough said.
Have a wonderful end of February. Good luck to OCD on searching for a job. 🤞

Good morning. It's sunny and 34F, on its way to 47F. No 80 degrees here. Should be a pretty day though. A few errands to run, then home and futz. Hope everybody has a terrific Thursday. Be safe out there and have a great day.

Last edited:
Good morning. The sun's out and it's 28F, on its way to 52F. Not gonna last long though. Clouds and showers moving in this afternoon. Not much planned for today. Need to run out to do a few things we didn't get to yesterday. Then home and maybe hit the basement for a little downsizing. I'm sure that will be exciting, as always. Never know what you might find that you just have to have, even though you haven't seen it (or needed it) in twenty years, ha. Hope everybody has a freaky good Friday. Be safe out there and futz responsibly.

Good morning.

Have bulbs that flowered a few days ago. Crazy. More will flower over the weekend. I saw two honey bees last week. February!!! Poor little guys. Winter storm warning in effect through the weekend.

Today. Relaxing, self awareness this morning and playing guitar thanks to Sic. Maybe a walk this afternoon before bad weather comes.
I hate Winter and snow. Yes I know hate is a strong word. That’s why I used it.
Note to self: Need to move. 😂

Have a great day and enjoy life.

Get it Chuck! Going for a walk then headed to Spring Hill to stay over at a buddies. Sonya and her friends are going to walk around downtown antinque shopping, she better not buy a bunch of crap,lol. Then they are slumber partying. Ill be playing guitar and sipping brew far away. Have a great day and good morning.

Good morning. It's 34F on its way to 75F. Windy and warm. Headed to Spring Hill for BBQ at noon. Match tonight up in the city. Futzing in between. Be safe and be good.

Good morning. It's overcast, wet, and the current temp is 38F, heading to 55F. Good rain last night. Still spitting now. Supposed to be clearing by noon. We'll see. Looks like Spring Hill is the place to go! The closet one to me is 60 miles away. Looks like the best thing they have going is they're in moonshine country, lol. Barring that trip, it's time to put seeds to dirt today. It'll be interesting to see what makes the cut, lol. Hope everybody has a super Saturday. Be safe out there and enjoy the day.

Good morning. Sunny and seasonal temps. Planting a few peppers today finally. We all got caught up on birthday food, etc. Lunch was lobster (!), and boy was that delicious. When we save up enough $$$ we’ll go back. I really miss New England seafood.
Enjoy the weekend and stay safe. Spring is on its way . . .

Good morning. it's foggy and 39F, on its way to 61F. Calling for a nice day today. Ended up having to run out yesterday, so no seeds hit the dirt. Today, I might try to prune something - blackberries and/or peach trees. If not today, then tomorrow for sure. Looking forward to getting some things done outside, for a change. Hope everybody has a peaceful and restful Sunday. Be safe, be good.

Good morning. It's 60F on its way to 82F .... hot and windy. "Late May like" temperature. Not much is going on today. Going to watch a match this morning .... then our daughter (+1) is coming down here for her birthday dinner. I might fit some futzing in sometime today. Be safe and be good.

Good morning. 30-50F with rain or other predicted. Happy bday to Harry’s daughter. More basement activities planned as the muddy garden will keep us inside. The wind has been fierce at times, probably bringing in the CA storm - just no snow please.
Have a great Sunday. Stay healthy and safe, and remember those less fortunate.

Back