• Politics are not permitted. There's plenty of places to discuss that elsewhere, and a hot pepper forum is not the place. Thank you for respecting the community!

off-topic Good Mornin' Thread - For those that get up really early and post

Good morning. Nice Spring day, good weeding and cleaning up winter kill weather. Eye doctor appt. then grocery shopping. WX says we should get our March storm soon, so it’s time to fertilize the garlic and let the moisture work its miracles.
Have a great day. Stay healthy and pain free.

Bike ride with a buddy at Flatwoods then running into town. Wife is having several ladies over tonight. I was told I will be getting pizza for everyone. Pretty sure its going to be a hanging in the carport playing guitar while telling a few joke evening. Wife treats me like her court Jester,lol. Have a great day and good morning.

Good morning. It's sunny and 35F, on its way to 69F. Another beautiful day. Yesterday I decided to prune a severely overgrown pear tree. It's well over 20 years old, and never been pruned. That was....interesting, ha. Did you know pear trees are grabby, sticky, pokey, scratchy kinda trees? My arms and legs look like I crawled through a briar patch on my hands and knees, lol. That's alright, I eventually won. Today will be more of the same. I think I'm going to prune the bushes/shrubs around the house. It's been a few years for them as well. The new yard trailer is working out great. Hope everybody has a wonderful Wednesday. Be safe out there and enjoy the day.

Good morning. 36-42F waiting for the storm. Good for Downriver with his new trailer. Kudos for a great purchase. We had a pear tree growing up, not sure if my dad ever pruned it. It stayed pretty small, like 8’. We had our peach tree pruned by a tree service for the first time. Not sure they did much pruning. Usually we get fruit every 2-3 years, this may be the year if the freeze comes later in May.
Have a wonderful day. Enjoy March weather and all it brings.

Good morning. It's 53F on its way to 72F. Severe T-Storms came through last night and early this morning. Didn't get much sleep. Taking the wife's buggy in for preventative maintenance this morning. Doing some shopping while we're up in the city. Maybe some fishing this afternoon or futbol watching or basketball watching. I guess I'll play it by ear and see what happens. Grilling a jalapeno cream cheese stuffed, bacon wrapped pork tenderloin this evening. Yum. Beverages later on. Be safe and be good.

Good morning. It's sunny and 38F, on its way to 75F. Yet another beautiful day. More like May than March. I'm not complaining. Yesterday I finished with the peach tree cuttings rooting attempt. That'll be interesting. Also potted up several thornless blackberry plants. We have several errands to run today, then home and heading outside. Not sure what I'm gonna do yet, but it will definitely be outside. Grilling pork chops this evening. Hope everybody has a terrific Thursday. Be safe out there and get your pruning done, ha.

Good morning. It's cloudy and 63F, on its way to 71F. Calling for a shower or two this morning, a thunderstorm this afternoon. We'll see. Last night the WX Guesser said it was going to rain all night. We didn't get a drop. Not sure what's going on today. If it rains, probably some futzing inside. Otherwise, I'll be outside, continuing Spring clean-up. Catherine, I heard it snowed 4-5 FEET out your way. I know you said a storm was coming. I sure hope that wasn't it! Sic, it's great to spend time with your parents. Hope everybody has a freaky good Friday. Be safe out there, and enjoy your day.

Good morning. It's 46F on its way to 64F. A little cooler and breezy but still nice. Office work then working in the garden. I really need to mow but I can't bring myself to the reality of having to mow in March. Sic ..... sounds like a party :beer: :high::drunk:! Chicken Mornay this evening. Beverages later on. Be safe and be good.

Good morning. 28F with light snow. Downriver, the storm did drop over 3’ of snow west of us in the mountains. We got close to 20-26” of very wet and heavy snow that was even difficult for a snowblower. Hopefully this will be the last big storm of the decade.
Don’t think we’re going anywhere today though I think I heard a snowplow late last night. Hubby ran his snowblower through the cul-de-sac so the neighbors could at least get out to the street.
I made 2 kinds of cookies and even planted broccoli and cauliflower seeds yesterday.
Enjoy your day, spend extra time with the pets. Savor the time outdoors.

Good morning. 28-43F. Warmer, but it will take at least a week before we see the lawn again. We took a chance and bought a few groceries yesterday. Many of the shelves had dwindled down to a few items, but most looked OK. Nothing much planned for today, just enjoy the time inside.
Have a wonderful weekend. Take time for others and pay it forward. Stay healthy for the season ahead.

Good morning. It's sunny and 43F, on its way to 66F. Cooler, but still a pretty day. I spent yesterday afternoon pulling 1-3 year-old trash trees out of the garden reclamation area. It's a chunk of garden space I've left fallow for 3 or 4 years, and have decided to reclaim. That was a pain, but it's now ready to till. Not sure what's on the agenda for today. Probably more futzing outside, while it's still warm. Well Catherine, I'm glad you didn't get 4-5 feet of snow, but 2 feet is still a lot! Kudos to hubby for snow-blowing for others. I hope they appreciate the effort. Harry, hush your mouth about mowing in March! :snooty: Hope everybody has a super Saturday. Be safe out there and enjoy the company of those around you.

Last edited:
Walk with the wife at daybreak then I have a few chores I need to do including mowing the back yard. I havent gone more than 10 days in the last 13 years without mowing and that is better than lifting one shovel full of snow. Having meatloaf tonight. Have a great day and good morning.

Back