• Politics are not permitted. There's plenty of places to discuss that elsewhere, and a hot pepper forum is not the place. Thank you for respecting the community!

off-topic Good Mornin' Thread - For those that get up really early and post

Bump. Morning! Setting here wth my coffee and finalizing my seed order list for today; papers, notes, and info. spread all over the table. This takes serious planning. I like the quiet of the early morning hours for clear thought and rational thinking; before the missus get's up and gives me my day's directives.

Heading fishing right off the Texas side of the Rio Grande. Lots of bass, just have to keeep your eyes open, lots of illegal activity round the River.

mornin' all....

@armac - be careful down there...have you ever heard an AK-47...has a very distinctive sound...

@MiPepperGuy - you and I are alike on the "quiet time in the morning"....

After working in law enforcement here and in Florida, I am familiar with most firearms. Having been on the receiving end twice, I am quite careful.

Getting ready to hit the water.

tight lines and big fish

mornin' JayT.....me, not little ol' me...drunken path...so I assume you got buzzed yesterday huh...

laaaaaaawwwwwwdddddddd..................

Good morning all. AJ... How did your seed planting go? JT... Can't drink all day if you don't start in the morning. That used to be my motto. I haven't gotten buzzed in 7 years. I will live vicariously through you bud.

I don't normally do day and night. Usually one or the other, but hey I'm on vacation. Time for a bloody mary.

So my day has to get better I get woke up on my day to sleep in by my youngest telling me my oldest puked. So she puked in her bed so no I have to clean it that up clean her up start the laundry let the dog out to find out the 2 dogs we have out side shit on my porch (we don't own a dog we dogsit) all at the same time my youngest is walking behind me going im hungry I want eggs and my wifes cat is right there to meowing at me to feed her. So I go into the room and my wife goes why don't you come back to bed. I almost lost it beings that she got woke up just like I did and staied in bed really. And at this point I still have to feed all the animals the girls the cats and clean the dog shit off my back porch. Well good morning every hope yalls morning was better than mine.

tight lines and big fish

Only caught about 10, did not get shot at, good day......

12312001.jpg

Good Morning and Happy New Year to all

Thank you Megan...I am up and planting seeds this morning...very excited about the 2012 season....

Good morning all. I haven't slept til 830 in about 7 years. How was everyones imbibing? I dont see Jay T yet.

Only caught about 10, did not get shot at, good day......

12312001.jpg

What did that run armac... 4# or so? That is a nice bass up my ways. From stuff I read it seems you guys are accustomed to catching bass that size on a daily basis. Glad you Texans have water to fish still. Hope 2012 bring some better weather for yah.

2.99 pounds.

Before it got bad in Mexico we used to fish a place named Presa Cuchillo in China, Nuevo Leon. It is 50 miles south of McAllen, TX, it was not unusual to catch 50 bass a day with the bigger ones running up to 10 pounds.

Now you cannot even go do down without the threat of being shot, beheaded, and your truck taken. The war between the cartels has ruined northern Mexico. It is sad.

Oh, Good Morning, and have a great Sunday the first 2012!

Back