• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

Got 7 Pots

Thanks to Chillihead I received today a wee package of ten 7 pot seeds and a nice bonus all the way from Canada (I'm in New Zealand so that's a long way)

About 1/2 teaspoon of his ground 7 Pot powder.

I planted the seeds and use the powder in tonight's chilli sauce.

A really nice long burn - I can easily see why eating a whole one of these would kill you :P

A great flavoured pepper - and Im thrilled to have received some seeds.

(Next year I hope to be able to return the flavour around the world).

Hell of a guy!
I got the same package from Sheldon and put the seeds aside until I plant in a few months...
Used the 7-Pot powder tonight (literally about a 1/2- 1 pinch) in about 7 quarts of turkey soup...WOW! perfect! it had spice enough for everyone! I would personally add more to get more burn but it was a hit with everyone because it was "Flavorful and had some Heat!"

The 7-Pot is the KING! and thanks to Sheldon...You rock brother!

if anyone has any 7 pots for me, can you please pm me...

i would really love to get my hands on some of them...

i do have BHUTS and RED SAVINAs if anyone wants them..thanks

I am getting you some!!! I have been a little tied up, but you aren't sprouting soon are you??

Couldn't agree more! I have spread the love with 7 pot seeds, but I didn't include any powder! Mine!mineminemine!!;)lol, just kidding, but I didn't have many to spare this year.

I did give one to a guy here at work (a waaaaaay higher up VP kind of guy in a huge company). I overheard him talking about cooking with habs. I asked if he wanted to try something hotter....

He put part of 1 7 pot in, what he described as, a HUGE pot of stew.

Smiling, he said that the stew was ruined....

"1 pot of stew?" I asked, "what did you not understand about 7 pot?";)

He wasn't mad, I had warned him!

cheezydemon said:
I am getting you some!!! I have been a little tied up, but you aren't sprouting soon are you??

Couldn't agree more! I have spread the love with 7 pot seeds, but I didn't include any powder! Mine!mineminemine!!;)lol, just kidding, but I didn't have many to spare this year.

I did give one to a guy here at work (a waaaaaay higher up VP kind of guy in a huge company). I overheard him talking about cooking with habs. I asked if he wanted to try something hotter....

I "ruined" a pot of stew the other night with some mutant jalapenos. My girl was bummed, but i loved it.

Wish i had some 7pots.

First off a big thanks to Sheldon! seeds and powder came to my mailbox today as well. The powder was a great surprise! Talk about taste. It sure is gonna go well with..... heck everything

Hi All. This warmed my heart almost as much as the Seven Pots did. Thanks so much for all your kind words!! I'll let you know that I still have some seeds looking for a good home, though my powder is almost depleted. Just let me know if you'd like some seeds and I'll be more than happy to oblige.

Regards,
Sheldon

I used a pinch of the 7 Pot powder on a cheese slice and piece of bread.

This is why we eat heat. A great flavour and a burn that just loves you long time.

In dinner last night the wife took a gentle sniff of the sealed plastic bag the seeds came in and was impressed.

She really enjoyed the heat in the cooking too.

Bravo PrairieChilihead very well done. Just want to say ordinary people notice your generosity. I couldn't figure out who sheldon was until I saw your post. Good karma will alway pay you back handsomely. Sheldon is the seahorse in Nemo great flick.:lol::rolleyes::lol:

Yayyyyyyy, i have my package!!!! I fished out a tiny little spec of powder and placed it on my tounge... 5 minutes later it's still burning, i can't believe a little bit like that is burning the back of my throat :shocked:

Thankyou so much Sheldon, you are a very genourous man indeed! Your powder rocks :lol::):)

Edit: I am eating a mug of soup with a pintch of powder in it now, YUMMMMMOOOOOO !!!

Edit Edit: The rest of the powder just went on my Spag Bog... AAAAWWWWWWWWeesoooooome.

Well I used the powder PrairieChilihead sent along with the seeds yesterday. It was nice.

I made Dreadies Black Bean soup that was the basic meal/ meals for several days. I used other peppers there.
But I made Tacos to go along with the soup. Simple basic spice mix for Tacos. I tossed in what powder PrairieChilihead had sent. Very nice , added a good flavor. Good thing there wasn't much or it could have got hot.
At least to wifey. Her view is to keep the meat just Taco style and add what else you want. Of course I agree !!
LOL

Again Thanks,
P. Dreadie

P. Dreadie said:
I tossed in what powder PrairieChilihead had sent. Very nice , added a good flavor. Good thing there wasn't much or it could have got hot.
P. Dreadie

You used all the powder and didn't find it hot? :) You are a better man than I, that's for sure.

cheezydemon said:

Couldn't agree more! I have spread the love with 7 pot seeds, but I didn't include any powder! Mine!mineminemine!lol, just kidding, but I didn't have many to spare this year.

thanks cheezydemon,

i almost forgot about that, and just wanting to get things organized for dec-jan.. lol:)

need any bhuts ? i made my first powder today ! ;) :)

very bloody hot but very good !... not as painful as fresh i find.. does anyone else feel the same way about eating it fresh vs. powder..the bite seems to decrease..

Back