food =[ grantmichaels' skunkworx thread ]=

How healthy? Like no fat no butter no carbs?

The Hot Pepper said:
How healthy? Like no fat no butter no carbs?

Nah, anything goes ... healthier than sausage is cool, but not necessary ... just looking to get sage back in my rotation - I really like it ...

Sage butter on fish
Sage stuffing in stuffed quail
Cheddar and sage bisquits for egg sammies with ham and pepper jam

I haven't eaten quail and I agree it's very good w/ fish, but rarely eat fish (and it's not *as* stellar w/ shellfish as w/ fish, imho) ...

The last one's definitely do able ...

I bet it might be good w/ some of that country ham ...

Crisped, perhaps lightly fried ... dare I say how they treat kale, these days ...

The last one I have had exactly like that but minus the sage lol, but it popped in my mind as I have seen cheddar bisquits with the sage too.

The pepper jam, a must. :)

might take nicely to a little bit of that grade b?

The Hot Pepper said:
The last one I have had exactly like that but minus the sage lol, but it popped in my mind as I have seen cheddar bisquits with the sage too.

The pepper jam, a must. :)

The Amish have me covered on that, in town, if need be ... theirs is habanero, but still really good ...

Those peppers really aren't world's apart, I mean ... mix a little bit of gritty/dirty-hot powder (douglah, jamaican hot chocolate, or choc bhut, I guess) in habanero and you can kind of fake a bonnet ...

I was just looking at what's coming up next ...

CARm_FfUUAEZXBG.jpg

Brown butter not burnt lol. Or maybe that's the Aussie term.

Ravioli is good like that.

The bigass raviolis that are like 4" wide, and you eat only 4 of them and you are full.

Yeah, I rarely think of pasta myself, but there's no reason I can't have a little ...

I agree, sage and butter w/ a kiss of sweetened lemon is delightful ...

When I go to my spot Monday or Tuesday, I'll buy one of those little packets of the fresh sage leaves and put it through some paces ...

I'm chasing something, as per the usual, I just can't see it yet ...

I know what the root is, it's the taste of the sausage w/ sage ... but I want it teased out and maximized ...

Maybe it would make a nice dipping sauce for that single, relatively monster tail in my freezer ...

I almost want to try to candy it ...

You're trying to replace the combo of sage and seasoned pork. So think pork but not sausage. Pork chops with a blackened crust using sausage seasoning, and hit at the end with a sage butter.

Pork loin stuffed with sage, fennel, and dried cherries.

Brainstorming here!

Healthier than sausage.

Booma said:
Thought it was burnt butter on Aussies food shows, meh, probably our term. But I'm a simple culinary kind of guy

Kind of.
The Hot Pepper said:
You're trying to replace the combo of sage and seasoned pork. So think pork but not sausage. Pork chops with a blackened crust using sausage seasoning, and hit at the end with a sage butter.

Pork loin stuffed with sage, fennel, and dried cherries.

Brainstorming here!

Healthier than sausage.

I have these two racks of kurobuta ribs, still, in the freezer ...

OK, I'll riff on that - thanks, Boss ...

on the sage front   .. chicken saltimbocca   ,  or you could  do a twist on that with shrimp skewers,     leaf of sage next to the shrimp then wrap with thin piece of some kind of pork product, bacon, speck, prosciutto, serrano ham  etc.  and then skewer and grill.    squeeze lemons over just before taking off the grill. 

I grew some pineapple sage last year, couldn't think of anythign to use it in but it smelled heavenly and had some beautiful flowers. 

Not my pic

Back