food =[ grantmichaels' skunkworx thread ]=

Grant, didn't P2K get you wanting to fondue? Okay this is bringing it back to sagey sausage, um but how good would that taste dipped in cheese? :lol:

Sorry I just made it unhealthier. 

Work was relentless today/tonight, so I had to faux pickle ...

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1427166336.162141.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1427166348.280649.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1427166355.971910.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1427166366.047540.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1427166375.242028.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1427166383.269537.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1427166392.034217.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1427166407.736141.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1427166416.217358.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1427166424.254974.jpg

I've been enjoying little spice dish sized servings of it today ... effective stop-gap for when I get hungry, but its not time to eat (pickles have always been good that way) ...

i find myself in a scenario where my lack of knowledge re yeast is the most important thing to fix to improve my game ...

pizza dough, sourdough starter, pickling, cheese making, and now beer brewing too.

i guess i need to get learnt up ...

grantmichaels said:
Work was relentless today/tonight, so I had to faux pickle ...

That's awesome Grant.  Still finishing off a bottle of shop bought so I can crack the quarter pickles I did a couple of weeks ago.  

Let's see

Coriander seeds
Mustard seeds
Black pepper corns
Cloves
Bay? What's in the primal kitchen bag?  

As well as dill, can't go wrong there, classic flavours.

So my address for a jar is…. 

Bumper said:
That's awesome Grant.  Still finishing off a bottle of shop bought so I can crack the quarter pickles I did a couple of weeks ago.  

Let's see

Coriander seeds
Mustard seeds
Black pepper corns
Cloves
Bay? What's in the primal kitchen bag?  

As well as dill, can't go wrong there, classic flavours.

So my address for a jar is…. 

Grape leaves ... they keep the stuff crisp, by releasing tannins (sp?) ...

I believe you can sub in oak leaves, too ... or I guess you can use Ball Pickle Crisp, probably, too ...

It's a simple chemical, calcium something or other, I think ...

grantmichaels said:

Grape leaves ... they keep the stuff crisp, by releasing tannins (sp?) ...

I believe you can sub in oak leaves, too ... or I guess you can use Ball Pickle Crisp, probably, too ...

It's a simple chemical, calcium something or other, I think ...
Nice, hadn't heard of that before.  I have a white table grape out the back, might have to raid it for the next batch - (or the two oak bonsai….. or a side by side comparison perhaps…)

grantmichaels said:
i find myself in a scenario where my lack of knowledge re yeast is the most important thing to fix to improve my game ...pizza dough, sourdough starter, pickling, cheese making, and now beer brewing too.i guess i need to get learnt up ...
When your ready to use your starter for pizza dough....I will gladly help if you need it. I made four doughs last night, we should see one show up saturday in the pizza thread. Going to try and food saver/ freeze the rest and see how that works.

Only thing that grill's missing is an octopus lol. I'd probably eat some of that. I don't see the point in wrapping the gator in bacon though since I doubt you eat the gator skin

Oh nvm, looking at the tail it looks like they skinned it

D3monic said:
The f&$K?????  

After getting over the shock, I found myself wondering what bacon flavoured alligator chicken would taste like.  I think he's underdone though.  We have Turduckens here, rolled chicken inside duck inside turkey.  Chickallibacon perhaps?

I'm going to cook Asian umami broths, but first I'm going to revive my grow, but first I'm going to learn to cook jerk wings, but first I'm going to learn to brew beer ...

... in two week's time.

I'm like the living incarnation of evented programming, complete w/ call backs and all ...

Yeah, I'm not right, and my stack's deep ...

... so deep it put her ass to sleep.

Back