food =[ grantmichaels' skunkworx thread ]=

You seem to thrive when your plate is full. I am relieved to be done with the wings. I did not want to let it linger to next week, we will be short handed at work and will be a busy week. You will get it all done.

I will, w/ some tasty burgers along the way ...

But I won't TD right after, unless it's irresistible ...

It would have to be an Modernist TD or something *that* appealing (to me) ...

The next week my CCN order comes, and then it's on ...

Aerogarden's here now, too.

I'll be outside more ... more beer, less food ...

Sunday night DIATW (Do It All The Way) might have to be a juicy La Frieda short rib burger cooked w/ herbed brown butter in CI on the range ...

I've never cooked a burger inside on the range ... I can paint on some Searzall at the same time (only if need be) ...

I have some nice buns from the bakery, which should become golden, buttery buns ...

MMmmm; mmmMM!

It's Sunday and you know what that means - time to Do The Work ...

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1427682133.485872.jpg

Mashed in ...

Cabbage rolls and soup, in process ... Danielle's cooking so I can leverage this midnight double latte and put half the time I'll need to jerk-wing Friday into the kitty ...

Cabbage Fest ...

diet-friendly cuisine, thanks to Danielle, so I can work so I can jerk wings later this week ...

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1427783618.820770.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1427783629.501284.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1427783639.100861.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1427783661.186116.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1427783671.619761.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1427783678.922529.jpg

The 33/66 EVOO/butter caramelization of the cabbage is really quite beautiful ... we're closer to the ancient recipes here, for times when folks in Siberian tundra were preserving raw meat w/ cabbage and salt ...

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1427783862.179909.jpg

Anyways, soup too - cause I like some color, heat, and chicken stock synergy as well.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1427784050.290585.jpg

umami booster ...

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1427784104.100330.jpg

Mystery seasoning??!?

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1427784145.683892.jpg

Only 3/4 cup of rice spread throughout lots of servings ... lean grass-fed, low sodium stock, cabbage and peppers ... tasty and healthy!

JayT said:
Question, do you ever eat the cabbage rolls with tomato sauce?

I think we did the 1st batch that way ... the thing is, tomato sauce has a lot of fiber (in addition to cabbage having a lot), and often sodium, and often acid too ... but yeah, also good!

I subjectively disagree. The reaper powder makes me sneeze ... the chocolate lava is nicely warm, but for whatever reason, wreaks major lower GI havoc the following morning ...

Like getting shanked ...

grantmichaels said:
I subjectively disagree. The reaper powder makes me sneeze ... the chocolate lava is nicely warm, but for whatever reason, wreaks major lower GI havoc the following morning ...

Like getting shanked ...
I was kidding...just wanted to see you post once more hahahahah

Back