• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

contest Growdown: Prik Kee Noo Suan!: Prik a peck of peppers!

No hooks for me either. Far behind so far. Slow down everyone!!

What scares me is the thought that all my seeds were damaged by postage and none of them are viable :-(. Keeping my fingers crossed.

No hooks for me either. Far behind so far. Slow down everyone!!

What scares me is the thought that all my seeds were damaged by postage and none of them are viable :-(. Keeping my fingers crossed.
Mine too but I already grew too many and I already had this species which is now on its first true leaves. :) Hopefully I get some hooks soon or I may need to reclaim the space.

I have been awol for a while and didnt see the POL requirement until today...... I started mine on the 15th around 10pm (Pacific Standard Time)......

I checked yesterday and I have root radicle popping out of one of them!

Sorry about the no $1.38 thing.....

If that disqualifies me, so be it, there are so many great growers here, I dont really expect to win anyway!

Try germinating using the cup method mentioned below. I germinate 8 / 10 reapers this way in less than 7 days and i hear those are so hard to germinate :)

http://thehotpepper.com/topic/19898-germinating-experiment-cups-vs-bags/

HOME BASE

253157_10200144112220105_2122114849_n.jpg

THE INNER WORKINGS

551303_10200144112460111_2126790597_n.jpg

It's so cute!

13018_10200144112580114_96034656_n.jpg

Ok so half of what's left are going into a new experimental soil mix today and have purchased some plastic cups/jelly shot glasses, so when they arrive the rest are going in them. Alot of people seem to have good results using the cups so fingers crossed it will work for us also.

Congrats to all the entrants who have hooks - I bow in your excellence :clap:

And Dan your just as poor as me! :party:

I have 1 hook as well. It hasn't quite popped above the rapid rooter plug, but almost. Picks later today once it has popped.

My other 3 cells, 1 rapid rooter and two soil, have no signs of life after 8 days.

OMG one of my seeds germinated. Just one but one is all I need!!! Now I need not worry that they were all too badly damaged in the mail!

Man, I will feel so bad if people don't seeing hooks soon, all because I didn't think to protect the seeds in regular mail! I am going to keep my fingers crossed.

I still do not have hooks either.

Back