• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

contest Growdown: Prik Kee Noo Suan!: Prik a peck of peppers!

I am impressed with how fast it is growing. I am at 3/4 strength of the nute solution and will ramp it up to full strength next week.

Yes I am!!

Update of my plant

6F7E42A3-58AC-4F5F-BDA3-95F3FD923B81-32784-00000B0583EA9921_zps94574128.jpg

Looking good Dan, your losing plant is coming along, but you still haven't caught me yet.

IMAG0128.jpg

Mine has been in full strength nutes since the day it popped since there are 5 other plants in this one DWC container, it had to learn to survive with what the other plants are drinking.

Yours still had a head start! Anyway at least our leaves look the same. I was scared I got sent the wrong seeds as a joke due to my cockiness lol. Anyway what lights you using? Nice dark coloration.

Right now, it is a 600W MH bulb, but every month or so I get bored and put the HPS bulb in for a while too see if there is a difference. To date, the only difference I have been able to see is that the red HPS bulb makes you squint and is horrible to take pictures in. The plants don't seem to grow any different. I keep switching though just to see.

Looking good Dan, your losing plant is coming along, but you still haven't caught me yet.

IMAG0128.jpg

Mine has been in full strength nutes since the day it popped since there are 5 other plants in this one DWC container, it had to learn to survive with what the other plants are drinking.

That plant is looking REAL good! Definitely the leader as far as I have seen so far!

That plant is looking REAL good! Definitely the leader as far as I have seen so far!

Leader so far...I'm sure I'll find some way to kill it or the bugs will...My pepper plants usually do okay over the summer but never are stellar performers. Something always happens. :rolleyes:

[background=rgb(255, 244, 228)] I was scared I got sent the wrong seeds as a joke due to my cockiness lol.[/background]

Now that is funny. :D :D :D

Leader so far...I'm sure I'll find some way to kill it or the bugs will...My pepper plants usually do okay over the summer but never are stellar performers. Something always happens. :rolleyes:

Dude quit being so humble and wear the damn crown.. If you ain't wearing it, then I have no one to take it from yet...

Dude quit being so humble and wear the damn crown.. If you ain't wearing it, then I have no one to take it from yet...

ROFL. Do you know what the definition of serendipitous is? "Happy accident". That is me and gardening. If it goes good, great, but it was really an accident, not something that was planned, just some screwy untested idea that happened to work. Soooooooo, if I kick your butt, great, and it looks like I am doing a good job so far :D :D :D , but we are far from the finish line my friend.

I got a sample of RapidStart from GH in the mail today, so I thought it would be fun to take some shots before I try it out, for comparisons sake.

c4bb6616a72412e2ed2fc2f52d69418a_zpsf64ec6ef.jpg

431512de7c08511bfde0f7ac055af906_zps082c2365.jpg

I'll give it a day or two and take another pair of shots to see if this really helps roots develop faster.

After three days with the rapid start.
62d534d538c54b9b174492a4a3e29c1c_zps92adb36c.jpg

212b875a8ae895a5eed33b15c9ce7711_zpsd0472653.jpg

Quite a difference. I'm definitely impressed by the root development since I added the RapidStart. I don't have a control plant to compare my results with, so it may just be snake oil, but hey, it was free!

How is everyone else doing out there? It's been awful quiet lately. Dan, is your bunghole sprayer working out like you had hoped? and what bout you Jeff, is your monster podding up yet? Lets see some progress guys.

Ok, I'll try to post a pic this weekend I'm pretty busy all week, but my PK is doing something I haven't seen any of my other peppers do. It appears as if there are 2 plants growing from one stem. For the longest time all I had were cotys, now I have the cotys and four little leaves split into what looks like 2 seperate plants. Is this normal?

Back