• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

contest Growdown Throwdown 2015 !!!!

MeatHead1313 said:
All hardened off and transplanted to its final home. Currently sitting at 12 inches
attachicon.gif
20150413_124255.jpg
Man, no fair growing upside down!

Roguejim said:
Is this the same son who took out one of your plants at near ground level last season??  i don't remember the details...projectile???
Yup! Air soft gun...wasn't quite at ground level, cut it in half though! That plant ended up a respectable shrub, but a couple feet shy of contender status. Was my best plant too!!! Oh well...he's a good kid.

stc3248 said:
Yup! Air soft gun...wasn't quite at ground level, cut it in half though! That plant ended up a respectable shrub, but a couple feet shy of contender status. Was my best plant too!!! Oh well...he's a good kid.
He's a GREAT KID if he can manage to take them ALL down! Good luck, not that you need any.

stc3248 said:
Oh...he can be bought RJ! I can PM you his PayPal info!
Lol I remember seeing that last year, pretty clean shot. I wanna see one of these lookin like that Birgits you grew! Made a spectacular Christmas Tree.

chocolatescotchbonnet said:
finally, from yesterday....

That is very cool self contained unit. You're tempting me to get out my hydro stuff. I haven't used it in a couple of years. The only thing I would do differently it to figure out how to put a float switch in that reservior. Outdoors, they can go through a gallon a day or more.

jcw10tc said:
Looking at the pics on the previous page, I would assume I am in a deep hole in last place, but heres the 2 candidates I have to work with.  Hopefully some real sun and warmth will help them catch up some.

IMG_20150415_193840570_zpsmixyktgg.jpg

Nope, mine are smaller. You're decidedly not in last place.

Well so far mine have been growing, or should I say not growing badly.  Look at the difference:

23 Mar
Large_Orange_Thai.jpg

15 Apr
LOT_4_15.jpg

I see absolutely no difference, and that is over 3 weeks of grow time!

So I planted a third.  My solos are growing.  I have 1 more about the same height, and then I am out of options.
New_LOT_4_16.jpg

I am at 4.5" now.

My plant has really been through a lot. Been knocked over (several times), sat outside bare root for an entire day all shriveled up, and because I had it in a white cup and didnt block the light good enough I had algae growth all over the roots. Now I have yet again moved it into another temporary hydroponic set up. I just cant make up my mind on what I want to do with it yet. I should change my screen name to ghetto rigged hydroponics.

Yellowfin2na said:
My plant has really been through a lot. Been knocked over (several times), sat outside bare root for an entire day all shriveled up, and because I had it in a white cup and didnt block the light good enough I had algae growth all over the roots. Now I have yet again moved it into another temporary hydroponic set up. I just cant make up my mind on what I want to do with it yet. I should change my screen name to ghetto rigged hydroponics.

some times ghetto grows kick ass like yours!

Jeff H said:

That is very cool self contained unit. You're tempting me to get out my hydro stuff. I haven't used it in a couple of years. The only thing I would do differently it to figure out how to put a float switch in that reservior. Outdoors, they can go through a gallon a day or more.

Nope, mine are smaller. You're decidedly not in last place.
i plan on changing the whole resevoir every 1 or 2 weeks, and add ph'd with nutes in between

Back