• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

contest Growdown Throwdown 2016 !!!

Boom goes the dynamite!

Got my seeds from 1010 today!  It's off to the races.  Soaked my seeds in Fiji Water, then gave 'em a sip of IPA and straight into the rock wool! :rofl:

XNOV3Fym.jpg

chocolatescotchbonnet said:

looks to be a Styrofoam cooler. cheap, insulated, and reflective....good buy!

It was free!
Even better, it once contained some pretty decent Steaks - a company gift.
The only downside is that the stuff is flammable!  If one of the cheap CLF bulbs blows a gasket....
I've got a smoke detector above the box and only run the lights when home.

Geonerd said:

It was free!
Even better, it once contained some pretty decent Steaks - a company gift.
The only downside is that the stuff is flammable!  If one of the cheap CLF bulbs blows a gasket.... I've got a smoke detector above the box and only run the lights when home.

Just keep about 6" of water in your inkyoobator at all times so the fire will be self-limiting.

Seeds went into the soil around 9:00AM this morning. Put them into the dirt, put the humidity cover over the seeds, placed the seeds on the heat mat, and walked away. Around 11:00AM realized I didn't put my chopstick spacers between the mat and the tray. Soil temp was already approaching 95 degrees!  :silenced: Hopefully I didn't cook my seeds on day 1. We will see in a few days. 

I meant to post this 3 days ago....my picture hosting site is down right now...will follow up with pics as soon as I can. 

TW

tctenten said:
Yawn. You guys/gals are going about this all wrong.

So, please enlighten us, Great and Mighty Wizard!

:P

pa1966stang said:
Seeds went into the soil around 9:00AM this morning. Put them into the dirt, put the humidity cover over the seeds, placed the seeds on the heat mat, and walked away. Around 11:00AM realized I didn't put my chopstick spacers between the mat and the tray. Soil temp was already approaching 95 degrees!  :silenced: Hopefully I didn't cook my seeds on day 1. We will see in a few days. 

I meant to post this 3 days ago....my picture hosting site is down right now...will follow up with pics as soon as I can. 

TW

It's not too late.  Pour some dry ice or - better yet - liquid nitrogen on them ASAP!

(Do you have some spares?)

Hybrid Mode 01 said:

Just keep about 6" of water in your inkyoobator at all times so the fire will be self-limiting.

Naw.  I'm going to transplant them into pure Miracle Grow this weekend.  I'll just fill up the whole cooler with Non-Flammable Blue Crystals. (For Crystal peppers - get it? :P ) and plonk them in.

Geonerd said:

It's not too late.  Pour some dry ice or - better yet - liquid nitrogen on them ASAP!

(Do you have some spares?)

Good news: I took your advice and submerged the pots in medical grade liquid nitrogen.

Bad news: I used all my leftover medical grade liquid nitrogen and I need to buy more

Best news: I do have some spares that will be planted as provisionals the 28th (when I get back from vacation and am planting all my tomatoes for the year)

Back