contest Growdown Throwdown 2016 !!!

Boom goes the dynamite!

Got my seeds from 1010 today!  It's off to the races.  Soaked my seeds in Fiji Water, then gave 'em a sip of IPA and straight into the rock wool! :rofl:

XNOV3Fym.jpg

chocolatescotchbonnet said:

looks to be a Styrofoam cooler. cheap, insulated, and reflective....good buy!

It was free!
Even better, it once contained some pretty decent Steaks - a company gift.
The only downside is that the stuff is flammable!  If one of the cheap CLF bulbs blows a gasket....
I've got a smoke detector above the box and only run the lights when home.

Geonerd said:

It was free!
Even better, it once contained some pretty decent Steaks - a company gift.
The only downside is that the stuff is flammable!  If one of the cheap CLF bulbs blows a gasket.... I've got a smoke detector above the box and only run the lights when home.

Just keep about 6" of water in your inkyoobator at all times so the fire will be self-limiting.

Seeds went into the soil around 9:00AM this morning. Put them into the dirt, put the humidity cover over the seeds, placed the seeds on the heat mat, and walked away. Around 11:00AM realized I didn't put my chopstick spacers between the mat and the tray. Soil temp was already approaching 95 degrees!  :silenced: Hopefully I didn't cook my seeds on day 1. We will see in a few days. 

I meant to post this 3 days ago....my picture hosting site is down right now...will follow up with pics as soon as I can. 

TW

tctenten said:
Yawn. You guys/gals are going about this all wrong.

So, please enlighten us, Great and Mighty Wizard!

:P

pa1966stang said:
Seeds went into the soil around 9:00AM this morning. Put them into the dirt, put the humidity cover over the seeds, placed the seeds on the heat mat, and walked away. Around 11:00AM realized I didn't put my chopstick spacers between the mat and the tray. Soil temp was already approaching 95 degrees!  :silenced: Hopefully I didn't cook my seeds on day 1. We will see in a few days. 

I meant to post this 3 days ago....my picture hosting site is down right now...will follow up with pics as soon as I can. 

TW

It's not too late.  Pour some dry ice or - better yet - liquid nitrogen on them ASAP!

(Do you have some spares?)

Hybrid Mode 01 said:

Just keep about 6" of water in your inkyoobator at all times so the fire will be self-limiting.

Naw.  I'm going to transplant them into pure Miracle Grow this weekend.  I'll just fill up the whole cooler with Non-Flammable Blue Crystals. (For Crystal peppers - get it? :P ) and plonk them in.

Geonerd said:

It's not too late.  Pour some dry ice or - better yet - liquid nitrogen on them ASAP!

(Do you have some spares?)

Good news: I took your advice and submerged the pots in medical grade liquid nitrogen.

Bad news: I used all my leftover medical grade liquid nitrogen and I need to buy more

Best news: I do have some spares that will be planted as provisionals the 28th (when I get back from vacation and am planting all my tomatoes for the year)

Back