• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

contest Growdown Throwdown 2017 Aji Lemon Drop!

19642725_1650829914950728_5860274733315211086_n.jpg

I was just sitting outside watching the new kitten climb up into the Aji Lemon drop, drinking my butter coffee, thinking "Hell, I'll go ahead and harvest what little bit of peppers have turned yellow..." there are 10x more green ones on there...

First Harvest.....

Don't soil your pants yet, this was just a tiny little harvest...the next one will be 2x this much....

My triple beam only allows me to weigh out 610g at a time and I can't find my extra counter weights that would allow me to go to the 2610g measurement. Sorry for the crappy iphone flash and pics...was in a hurry

35857466906_f80834ab6a_b.jpg

35510311870_3a63086451_b.jpg

35058521894_a69907a76d_b.jpg

So first little harvest was almost 700 grams...

Pepper-Guru said:
I was just sitting outside watching the new kitten climb up into the Aji Lemon drop, drinking my butter coffee, thinking "Hell, I'll go ahead and harvest what little bit of peppers have turned yellow..." there are 10x more green ones on there...

First Harvest.....

Don't soil your pants yet, this was just a tiny little harvest...the next one will be 2x this much....

My triple beam only allows me to weigh out 610g at a time and I can't find my extra counter weights that would allow me to go to the 2610g measurement. Sorry for the crappy iphone flash and pics...was in a hurry

35857466906_f80834ab6a_b.jpg

35510311870_3a63086451_b.jpg

35058521894_a69907a76d_b.jpg

So first little harvest was almost 700 grams...

Congrats on the harvest. What are you going to do with those pods? I have a bag on hand in the freezer for cooking. And a bunch of powder from last year.

I was about to ask if something went wrong with the camera. LOL!

Ive got one big pod that is about to turn colors and maybe a handful that are green. The thing is still vegging. I don't think I'm going to win this one. LoL! But I'll keep playing along.

OCD Chilehead said:
Congrats on the harvest. What are you going to do with those pods? I have a bag on hand in the freezer for cooking. And a bunch of powder from last year.

I was about to ask if something went wrong with the camera. LOL!

Ive got one big pod that is about to turn colors and maybe a handful that are green. The thing is still vegging. I don't think I'm going to win this one. LoL! But I'll keep playing along.
These went into a gallon jar for a cold, no salt mash. I'll let them get funky and sweat for a month or few, then salt them and vinegar them, and age the jar for a few years. The next harvest will be powder, the next will be shipped out to folks asking for peppers, and then some jams, more sauce, more powder, keep it going!

Pepper-Guru said:
These went into a gallon jar for a cold, no salt mash. I'll let them get funky and sweat for a month or few, then salt them and vinegar them, and age the jar for a few years. The next harvest will be powder, the next will be shipped out to folks asking for peppers, and then some jams, more sauce, more powder, keep it going!
Wow! That's a commitment. Quite a process. Sounds cool!

Back