• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

indoor Growing indoors using CFL

Took em outside real quick for a pic

Red Savina Habanero

Dorset Naga. About 10 little naga's popped out this week :)

Not to hijack your thread, but I see that your plants are of decent size. I'm going to growing solely indoors using CFLs.. What I'm wondering if can you "train" them or prune them so they dont get high? It doesn't really matter I was just wondering.

No problem. Yes pruning makes them grow wide and less high, and keeping the CFL as close as possible on your plants helps a bit.

MrOneEyedBoh said:
Not to hijack your thread, but I see that your plants are of decent size. I'm going to growing solely indoors using CFLs.. What I'm wondering if can you "train" them or prune them so they dont get high? It doesn't really matter I was just wondering.

Yeah, I do know about the CFLs being close. I guess pruning them so they are wide would be more beneficial for CFLs correct?

Is there any kind of write up on how to prune them wide? Thanks Lee.

Yeah wide plants better for CFL's.
Also great benefit of pruning and keeping CFL close is that you can get larger yields.

Dont know any write ups about pruning. Maybe someone here on the forum.

MrOneEyedBoh said:
Yeah, I do know about the CFLs being close. I guess pruning them so they are wide would be more beneficial for CFLs correct?

Is there any kind of write up on how to prune them wide? Thanks Lee.

lee said:
Took em outside real quick for a pic

Dorset Naga. About 10 little naga's popped out this week :)

Nice pic I see you have a pepper plant to the left of it in the corner. What type is it? Looks like it has lots of pods.

That's a cayenne. Left over from last year. It actualy has ripe pods on it. I left that plant outside to see how it would do. He dropped most of the leaves but still alive. It survived snow, frost. Will see how long he will last

Stinky said:
Nice pic I see you have a pepper plant to the left of it in the corner. What type is it? Looks like it has lots of pods.

Well, had my first taste of a Red Savina. Sliced of a piece and just ate it.:onfire:. It burned really good, and my lips where gone after 5 minutes.

I guess my supposed to be Naga is a Habanero Red or something. It started out light green and is now coloring orange

Some pics. That "Naga" on the right will go inside when the peppers are ripe and ready to harvest. I will use that space for my 2009 plants.
Will start end of this month and hope to put them outside somewhere end of April, depends on weather.

"naga"

Looks like a Red Hab. Suggestion are welcome!

Ripening pepers. Red savina.

Yeah, it has that "generic" Chinense look. POTAWIE has some similar looking chiles, so maybe he can identify it for ya.

Would be nice to identify it. Does a Red Habanero have some kind of flavor or aromatic features that might help me to identify it?

lee said:
Would be nice to identify it. Does a Red Habanero have some kind of flavor or aromatic features that might help me to identify it?
That's not a red Habanero. that's a red Chinense of some sort, but not Habanero.

? Most likely to be a stupid question but, a Red Habanero belongs to C.chinense. What is a red chinense?

thx

Omri said:
That's not a red Habanero. that's a red Chinense of some sort, but not Habanero.

Back