• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

Growing Jolokias and Habaneros in the Philippines

A little update on my plants, moved some jals and california wonder plants out to the sun. been having some problems on the bells. getting some wilting and one of them has crunchy new growth. help / advice is appreciated. I properly hardened them off so maybe the tropical heat isn't something for these plants. some herbs to the left and the right.... sage to the right. =D

butternut squash seedling to the left, just getting it to the right size before i get it to the ground or a big container, still deciding.

tomato plant on the extreme left... probably a beefsteak, will repot once it gets a bit larger

00c585ce.jpg

the one with the crunchy new growth is the largest seedling off slightly to the right.

the basil plant to the left was given to me by siling_labuyo. the one next to it is a thai basil i bought at a grocery store that was selling live herbs.

more seedlings being grown in my small indoor set up. been having problems with leafhoppers and leaf miners. been spraying my plants with bird's eye peppers and water solution. seems to help.

55c1955b.jpg

a few more seedlings on another window ledge along with a newly acquired italian oregano plant

c6e21508.jpg

a few seedlings have died do to the pests. been trying to save them with some tlc and a little spraying of "organic" pest control.

advice? comments? tips? all will be welcome. thanks everyone!

I actually have tomato plants that grew from seeds i got from a tomato slice of a burger king whopper. Lol. I'll be calling them whopper tomatoes. Haha

Thanks tgpm!

okay, slight update.

lost a few plants from the typhoon that just passed my country. thankfully i managed to move the majority of my plants where they won't get beat up too much. we didn't have power, mobile phone signal, net, water or anything for two and a half days. only got power just a few hours ago. still no running water. got enough to water the plants. so that's good.

a third of my country lost power for 2.5 days. electricity ain't 100% up yet.

Glad you were able to move your plants to shelter.

I still remember the huge downpour in 72 while I was there. Rained for 41 days straight, as much as 11 inches per day and undercut the foundation and washed away many houses along the river bank in Angeles City and well as a portion of the perimeter fence at Clarke Air Base. They had us on detail throwing high protein bread out of choppers to stranded folks. Hope you don't see weather like that.

that doesn't usually happen in my area, or ever. =D

so unless there's like a super major disaster going on, i think i'll be relatively safe.

thanks SS.

thank god for electricity (no thanks to the ones supplying it coz they're so damn slow in restoring it)

thank god for the deep well.

running the pump now to stock up on water til we get water from the waterworks.

here are some of my plants that are large enough to be under the sun... or lack of it....darn weather we're having.

5e42d32c.jpg

here's a few more

1a9cde5b.jpg

those are just mostly bells and jalapenos. those are the ones i started with.

there's one purple jalapeno that i got from asiasgarden too. it's the one with the purple stems, not that you can tell. tiny pix. sorry.

oh and there are those taiwan hybrid crappy labuyo peppers that i topped off too.

wind kinda bent a few branches off of that tomato plant that's why it's like that. typhoons. bad nature. =(

I had seeds in Thailand over a year, too long all seeds dead. Seeds should only take about 7 days in Thailand so think should be the same in Your country.

almost forgot about this one:

my newest addition, my new siling sigang pepper plant from siling_labuyo! =D

534aeb93.jpg

thanks dude!

Back