• Politics are not permitted. There's plenty of places to discuss that elsewhere, and a hot pepper forum is not the place. Thank you for respecting the community!

hobbies GUNS!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mr.joe said:
I built my 6.5 cm in burnt bronze, I love the color I just wish furniture that color was easier to find.

Yours will be a great gun no question

Hell, try making your wife happy with a Muddy Girl design...I could punch Magpul right in the piehole for dropping the line...

stettoman said:

Hell, try making your wife happy with a Muddy Girl design...I could punch Magpul right in the piehole for dropping the line...
I offered to build her an ar once, she answered with "why would I want a pink gun"

She's all girl. It was hard enough getting her to start carrying. She wants an AR that she thinks I wouldn't want to be seen with, she doesn't yet have the firm grasp of "form & function". To me they're tools. I've swung her pink hammer a few times too....

stettoman said:
She's all girl. It was hard enough getting her to start carrying. She wants an AR that she thinks I wouldn't want to be seen with, she doesn't yet have the firm grasp of "form & function". To me they're tools. I've swung her pink hammer a few times too....

I say give her a rifle why not? I'm not too tough to test drive a pink rifle

stettoman said:

Mr.joe said:
I say give her a rifle why not? I'm not too tough to test drive a pink rifle
When ordering THHN wire or electrical tape, they ask me "what color?"  I usually reply with pink, purple, blue, yellow, the obligatory BOY when needed, so if anyone in the future opens up a panel and finds the wire phase-taped in purple or pink instead of the traditional black, it might make them wonder.  Probably not, but whatever. 

I will never swing a pink hammer or have or a pink gun.....

Part of that came from a comment in a gun safety class we took.  All of the 10 attendees were women except for my husband.  One woman commented she had kids and did not want anything pink or purple or sparkley so the kids might think it was something "fun".  She only had black.  Makes sense so I went with it.  Except for the Sccy.  That one I did indulge a little with a maroon grip. 

salsalady said:

When ordering THHN wire or electrical tape, they ask me "what color?"  I usually reply with pink, purple, blue, yellow, the obligatory BOY when needed, so if anyone in the future opens up a panel and finds the wire phase-taped in purple or pink instead of the traditional black, it might make them wonder.  Probably not, but whatever. 

Part of that came from a comment in a gun safety class we took.  All of the 10 attendees were women except for my husband.  One woman commented she had kids and did not want anything pink or purple or sparkley so the kids might think it was something "fun".  She only had black.  Makes sense so I went with it.  Except for the Sccy.  That one I did indulge a little with a maroon grip. 

I had that conversation recently with guys st work. Talking about people cerokoting guns to look like toys. I think black is a great color for guns

Mine are all black, simply because that's what color they are. All of them, but for a Win 1897 in 16ga and a Rem 760 in 30-06.

The black guns all look alike to my wife. She wants one that is "hers" and likes the Muddy Girl camo. I just want her to be enthusiastic about shooting.

If that's all it takes? No brainer. Her carry is a boring black Ruger LC9s, but I got her a Muddy Girl range bag and it made a lot of difference to her desire to shoot. The $200 carry purse didn't hurt either. Everyone has a hangup. She may fart and belch like one of the guys, but she likes pink. I have no problem with that. When her tail wags, MY tail wags...

salsalady said:

Never saw any pink THHN, nor any pink phase tape.

We used to use purple for B phase on three-phase 480, but recently went back to orange.

alkhall said:
Never saw any pink THHN, nor any pink phase tape.

We used to use purple for B phase on three-phase 480, but recently went back to orange.
never heard of purple of 3-phase, it's been BOY (brown orange yellow) for as long as John's been doing it. 

Here's you some Pinks.  We can actually get Fuchsia (purple/pink) tape, but I don't have that color in the truck.  
IMG_20200327_140556374_HDR.jpg

My older sister Ann.

Used to carry a pink Lady Smith.

Because it matched her pink Mercedes Benz ragtop. 

I dunno' what she carries now.

I do know that she always has at least 2 guns on her.

Probably to protect her 2 little shit yapper lap dogs.

She takes them ever where.

They're like barking furry rats.

salsalady said:
never heard of purple of 3-phase, it's been BOY (brown orange yellow) for as long as John's been doing it. 

Here's you some Pinks.  We can actually get Fuchsia (purple/pink) tape, but I don't have that color in the truck.  
attachicon.gif
IMG_20200327_140556374_HDR.jpg

Huh, in 30+ years, never seen anyone use pink. Although, I have seen some red that was almost pink(ish).

We were using the purple for B phase on a Y connected 3-phase to easily differentiate it from a Delta, where the high-leg B phase is required to be orange.

Ah, thanks for sharing that. Want some of that pink phase tape? Platt delivers on monday.... :lol:

Update on the new AR pistol:

1) WAY over-gassed! Tossing out casings almost straight forward (about 1 o'clock). H3 buffer did little to relieve that. Gonna try a heavier buffer spring......and if that doesn't solve the issue, I'm buying an adjustable gas block.

2) HATES steel-cased .223!! Had THREE cases stuck in the barrel. Tula, Wolf, Herters are a no-go in this rifle. The extractor was literally ripping the rim off the casings! Had to ram the rounds out of the barrel with a hammer and aluminum cleaning rod! Full powered, brass-cased 5.56? It cycles perfectly. 

......this rifle is certainly a diva!  ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back