• Politics are not permitted. There's plenty of places to discuss that elsewhere, and a hot pepper forum is not the place. Thank you for respecting the community!

hobbies GUNS!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Gratuitous pics of the color-fill, new safety selector, and pistol grip:

uDRBh0p.jpg

NC3uKUx.jpg

paulky_2000 said:
Update on the new AR pistol:

1) WAY over-gassed! Tossing out casings almost straight forward (about 1 o'clock). H3 buffer did little to relieve that. Gonna try a heavier buffer spring......and if that doesn't solve the issue, I'm buying an adjustable gas block.

2) HATES steel-cased .223!! Had THREE cases stuck in the barrel. Tula, Wolf, Herters are a no-go in this rifle. The extractor was literally ripping the rim off the casings! Had to ram the rounds out of the barrel with a hammer and aluminum cleaning rod! Full powered, brass-cased 5.56? It cycles perfectly. 

......this rifle is certainly a diva!  ;)

The shorter barrels make for occasional gas nightmares, likely why I stick to the 16"ers. I'd love a 10" for the 300BLK, though...

Stovepiping is no good, cheap Russian shit is a conspiracy to ruin our guns just in time for the soviet invasion... :party:  

Yep......both my other ARs sport 16" barrels and carbine length gas tubes, H2 buffers, and flat wire heavy springs. Never had a single issue with them.......even with the Wolf or Tula.

The pistol, however, was kind of frankensteined together at the ass-end with a standard weight buffer and buffer spring I had laying in a drawer.

SO.......I've switched them out of a properly functioning rifle (and ordered a new flat wire spring and H3 buffer)........cleaned the chamber really well.......added a BCM extractor spring.....and swapped out the extractor for a non-Nib one..........

........if that don't allow me to shoot the commie ammo, I'll just have to feed her the good stuff! ;)

To be continued.

PIC: New Burnt Bronze dust cover....

K6Rpkx5.jpg

Nothing wrong with shooting good ammo especially since you have a couple that will eat the cheap stuff.
You could try washing the waxy coating of of the steel cases with some clp or Something and see if it works. Not worth the hassle for me personally.

Ghost Pepper Revolution said:

thanks, they are fun for target practice. What would you recommend? Curious 

Everyone's circumstances are different. A shotgun is high on my list, but a handgun is a great Option as well. I personally keep a .40 handy here just because it's easier to keep secure from the kids than a long gun would be.
My issue with a rimfire is lack of stopping power and also that a rimfire is inherently less dependable IMO.

Mr.joe said:
Everyone's circumstances are different. A shotgun is high on my list, but a handgun is a great Option as well. I personally keep a .40 handy here just because it's easier to keep secure from the kids than a long gun would be.
My issue with a rimfire is lack of stopping power and also that a rimfire is inherently less dependable IMO.

makes sense, definitely keep mine out of kids reach. Thankfully this guy is pretty dependable and hasn’t skipped a beat, it leaves some nasty holes in the plywood and cinder blocks behind it. :hell:  Looking to get a shotgun for the misses or this judge my boss keeps talking about using shotgun shells in a pistol which sounds exciting.  :party:

makes sense, definitely keep mine out of kids reach. Thankfully this guy is pretty dependable and hasnt skipped a beat, it leaves some nasty holes in the plywood and cinder blocks behind it. :hell:  Looking to get a shotgun for the misses or this judge my boss keeps talking about using shotgun shells in a pistol which sounds exciting.  :party:
Yea, I like .22s. I've seen those .410 pistols, but never got to play with one.

Nice, I knew there was a reason I liked ya  :cheers:  :flamethrower:

I take it yours has the threaded barrel? Mine was ordered through Brownells, on sale. I wanted a .22lr to waste ammo and practice form with, didn't pay a lot of attention to peripherals. It has a huge sharp bark for a .22, I can see the option of a suppressor to be a good one. 

stettoman said:

I take it yours has the threaded barrel? Mine was ordered through Brownells, on sale. I wanted a .22lr to waste ammo and practice form with, didn't pay a lot of attention to peripherals. It has a huge sharp bark for a .22, I can see the option of a suppressor to be a good one. 

I almost got that one but they were charging more than they should’ve but definitely thinking suppressor someday plus on sale too :party: . Definitely right about that bark especially with the LR ammo. 

Just pulled the trigger on a new play-pretty from Кала́шникова CШA.

Hard choice between the Kalashnikov USA KP-9 and Palmetto State Armory AK-V, but after much considering of both form and function I went with the KP-9.

Now the questions start,
1. Leave it a pistol and put a brace on it?
2. Which brace and adapter?
3. Go the NFA route and SBR it?

If I SBR it it'll get a triangle folder.

kr9-pistol-kalashnikov-usa-6.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back