• Politics are not permitted. There's plenty of places to discuss that elsewhere, and a hot pepper forum is not the place. Thank you for respecting the community!

hobbies GUNS!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Chorizo857_62J said:
I have found interest in Henry Repeating Arms lately.  Some interesting lever-action models.
Yea, I've never owned one. Tried buying one for my son as a gift this year, but the only one that had one was bass pro shop and I couldn't bring myself to standing in line for 2 hours to buy a gun.

Chorizo857_62J said:
I have found interest in Henry Repeating Arms lately.  Some interesting lever-action models.

Mine:

nDXDREz.jpg

sWV9IxG.jpg

.45-70 GOVT.......

......miles of smiles!!

What's the quietest but also highly effective home defense gun? I want one, but I also have anxiety and don't care much for crazy loud noises.

Ruid said:
What's the quietest but also highly effective home defense gun? I want one, but I also have anxiety and don't care much for crazy loud noises.
The sound should be secondary here. Effectiveness is most important. This is an emergency type situation as long as you are not doing anything to attract an intruder you probably will never NEED it. Personally I wouldn't use anything smaller than a 9mm for defense. A shotgun is also worth considering, although not "quieter" than some options a shotgun does not have the same crack as a rifle or pistol and can easily be fired without ear protection.

Mr.joe said:
... I wouldn't use anything smaller than a 9mm for defense. A shotgun is also worth considering, although not "quieter" than some options a shotgun does not have the same crack as a rifle or pistol and can easily be fired without ear protection.

There's always a $200 NFA ticket for a suppressor. 

But 9mm? I don't know, even though we have 9mm in the house, my closest pistol is in 5.56.....

...jes' sayin'... :P

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back