• Politics are not permitted. There's plenty of places to discuss that elsewhere, and a hot pepper forum is not the place. Thank you for respecting the community!

hobbies GUNS!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Everything but the .50 I shoot at Ft. Bliss Rod and Gun club. Ft. Bliss has 1000 yard rage but does not allow the 50 unless I make an appointment and come very very early. When we shoot the .50 we have a place in the desert on the far north east side of town with a good 800+ yards. As I get older and wiser I get more and more reluctant to shoot long range in the open desert. There is a range in Las Cruces that I understand will take the .50 and has 1000 yards. I plan to try that this fall. I also have a ranch I can shoot at on the far far east side but have not called the owner to take advantage of it yet.

Everything but the .50 I shoot at Ft. Bliss Rod and Gun club. Ft. Bliss has 1000 yard rage but does not allow the 50 unless I make an appointment and come very very early. When we shoot the .50 we have a place in the desert on the far north east side of town with a good 800+ yards. As I get older and wiser I get more and more reluctant to shoot long range in the open desert. There is a range in Las Cruces that I understand will take the .50 and has 1000 yards. I plan to try that this fall. I also have a ranch I can shoot at on the far far east side but have not called the owner to take advantage of it yet.
You can just shoot in open fields? I would have been locked up. :shocked:
BTW, I always wanted a .50 of my own. :lol:

Yeah but if your trying to group shots crosshairs (and a vice) would be better imo. :D

Even better if for skill you should be using the iron sights! :lol:

Nah, it reminds me too much of boot camp and the M16A1s we had. they were falling apart. :shocked:
As a marksman and a wannabe sniper, I would have to go with proper sights.

A cheap telescopic aid and a red dot is always a fine setup. in my service I personally preferred the ACOG sights.

Paulky cheateded he usded a red dot!

Well didn't you see the setup he just purchased? it wasn't a secret. :lol:

I absolutely love my EOTech 557. It's specifically calibrated and marked at 0-300, 400, 500, and 600 meters for the ballistic drop of the .223-5.56 round. Plus, with my BUIS, I can co-witness so as to dail THEM in w/o having to fire a single shot. (I'm using a Matech rear sight with a Meprolight tritium front)

As for using strictly the iron sights?......well, I do that with an overused M16A1 three times a year. :lol:

I AM, however, qualified expert. The last time I shot I scored 199 out of 200. :woohoo:

You can just shoot in open fields? I would have been locked up. :shocked:
BTW, I always wanted a .50 of my own. :lol:

Yup. With all the mountains here it is pretty easy to find a safe open outdoor place to shoot with a backdrop. Texas is definately one of the most gun friendly states. I love the .50, I never get tired of shooting it. It will bring the kid out of anyone, I think it is impossible to shoot it and then NOT smile. LOL

Yup. With all the mountains here it is pretty easy to find a safe open outdoor place to shoot with a backdrop. Texas is definately one of the most gun friendly states. I love the .50, I never get tired of shooting it. It will bring the kid out of anyone, I think it is impossible to shoot it and then NOT smile. LOL

Gun friendly in Texas is a huge understatement. Even grandma's are packin' here. My mom's got here .357 and her bf just go a new Taurus Judge. Nasty little thang that shoots .45 long colt or .410. With 000 I think its 5 buck bb's at are each about the size of 9mm. Imagine 5 9mm rounds coming at you with one shot. Don't mess with Texas.

Anyone here got a Ruger LC9? Like it?

Hey TB, I was doing some research and decided to go with a S&W Bodyguard .380 ACP instead of a Ruger for a pocket pistol. I've owned Rugers in the past and always had good luck with them.

Kimber Montana .270 win/ Kahles 3.5 x 10
Kimber005.jpg

Hey TB, I was doing some research and decided to go with a S&W Bodyguard .380 ACP instead of a Ruger for a pocket pistol. I've owned Rugers in the past and always had good luck with them.

Right now I think I'm going with a Glock 26. Ruger makes a great gun but the LC9 with a single stack 7 shot just doesn't have enough poop. I can use any Glock magazine in the 26 which is cool and the gang as I already have a Glock 17.

I want a ten inched barreled 308. Chambered for lapour. (Sic?)
HOLY CRAP NOVA!! a 10 INCH BARRED 308 YOU WANT A CANNON!! do you know what happens when you pull the trigger on a full powered cartrdige like that?? if you shot that dear at close range you will skin,clean and cook him all at the same time LOL :lol: :lol:
what is it a T.c. Contender??

i have quite a few thunder sticks my self, maybe i get some pics on soon
i have a Czech CZ 52 in 7.62x25 tokarev its a hand cannon and i love it!!

have 3 mosin nagants in 7.62X54r, and a rem 78 sportsman in 3006 as well as a ruger 10/22,malin 25 n 22 lr that i can shoot flys of the wall with if i tsake my time with it and various small pocket autos

thanks your friend Joe :)

I still want the HK416 D10RS... or maybe the HK416C. seems like a fun piece to go hunting with. :P

HOLY CRAP NOVA!! a 10 INCH BARRED 308 YOU WANT A CANNON!! do you know what happens when you pull the trigger on a full powered cartrdige like that?? if you shot that dear at close range you will skin,clean and cook him all at the same time LOL :lol: :lol:
He'd be shooting deer at long range though, as there are none in Australia. :rofl:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back