• Politics are not permitted. There's plenty of places to discuss that elsewhere, and a hot pepper forum is not the place. Thank you for respecting the community!

hobbies GUNS!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Here's a little cosmetic addition I made to my new Ruger Carbine you all might be interested in......

....then again, you might think I'm just being silly!

Anyway......being that this is a take-down carbine, there was a rather sizeable GAP between the rear stock and the hand guard. (see previous photos)

So......I took some 1/16" black plastic and cut it to fit either side of the front hand guard and epoxied it into place to take up that empty space. There is still plenty of play in there for barrel adjustment, but that gap is FAR less noticeable:

nrTd9fr.jpg

kpu3Duy.jpg

DavZ8f8.jpg

JyW2auG.jpg

Hn8qd90.jpg

It looks worlds better to me!! Your OCD may vary..... ;)

paulky_2000 said:
Here's a little cosmetic addition I made to my new Ruger Carbine you all might be interested in......

....then again, you might think I'm just being silly!

Anyway......being that this is a take-down carbine, there was a rather sizeable GAP between the rear stock and the hand guard. (see previous photos)

So......I took some 1/16" black plastic and cut it to fit either side of the front hand guard and epoxied it into place to take up that empty space. There is still plenty of play in there for barrel adjustment, but that gap is FAR less noticeable:

It looks worlds better to me!! Your OCD may vary..... ;)
So then, does this make you a smith or just an armorer?

Hey, no slight to you armorers out there, just keeping Paul's head manageable...

Nice tinker, man!

Commie ammo or domestic 7.62 x 39 brass?

I know AR's can be fussy about steel.

I love the commie stuff.

Like Tula and Wolf.

For cheapness.

And it always goes bang.

But thats in a Bulgy AK.

the 7.62x39 upper preformed flawless. the ammo i fired was steel(?) casing. not sure the make thou, got it by the case in the 90s. 

i have 2 ak's, a china and a Egypt. not short on sks's thou.

hardcore said:
the 7.62x39 upper preformed flawless. the ammo i fired was steel(?) casing. not sure the make thou, got it by the case in the 90s. 

i have 2 ak's, a china and a Egypt. not short on sks's thou.

A Norinco and a Maadi possibly?

Well.

Shut my mouth!

Please kind senor tell us about the AK's!

This forum loves AK's.

And SKS's too!

hardcore said:
the nhm-91 is ready to issue out.

this is the maddi
and some sks's ...

I liked that posted so much I also UNLIKED it.

Just so I could LIKE it again!

I don't own an AR.

But I love AK's.

Rivet or no rivet on the Norinco?

And those SKS's....

Bayonets.

Shoot your food and carve out a steak.

Shoot your enemy and carve out his wallet.

Or just shoot.

And use the bayonet to open your beer.

Protect yourself and your family.

Decided to move to a more robust sight (right after I broke the old one after THREE shots!)......

hUeQHqr.jpg

ArRusIG.jpg

Holosun HS515CU.....65MOA circle w/ a 2MOA dot:

g2N0BIk.jpg

Also, I added a pair of Magpul QD swivel mounts to the stock. (One on each side. It had a location for them, but they weren't provided) You can see the sling swivel mounted in one of them in this photo:

DbG2jOb.jpg

I fired 100 rounds through it this weekend. It seems to prefer high-brass.....and it HATES Winchester target loads. I imagine it will become less finicky as it breaks in. Slugs out of this thing are brutal. I enjoy a stout recoil, but this thing is evil and angry. I have a bruise on my shoulder that'll remind me all week!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back