• Blog your pepper progress. The first image in your first post will be used to represent your Glog.

Guru's 2013

It begins with a tray...

8529680870_ff959399bf.jpg

I actually need your help guys. I'm not very familiar with these varieties and their growth habbits, so I would like your opinions on which ones to throw into the 65 gal containers! Of course the biggest Birgit Locoto is going into one, but which other three varieties deserve one? I'll post the list in a second. Think strains that get big!

Birgit Locoto
Yellow 7 Pot
Brainstrain
Giant Choco Twist
Aji Chuncho
Queen Laur x Bhut
Praetermissum
Brown 7 Pot
Foodarama Red Scotch Bonnet
Yellow Bhut
Choco Bhut
Fla Wild
Aji Crystal
Bhut Indian Carbon
Not Black Naga
7 Pot Primo
7 Pot Congo
There's the unfamiliar list. Let me know what you think! Its happening now!

I actually need your help guys. I'm not very familiar with these varieties and their growth habbits, so I would like your opinions on which ones to throw into the 65 gal containers! Of course the biggest Birgit Locoto is going into one, but which other three varieties deserve one? I'll post the list in a second. Think strains that get big!

Birgit Locoto
Yellow 7 Pot
Brainstrain
Giant Choco Twist
Aji Chuncho
Queen Laur x Bhut
Praetermissum
Brown 7 Pot
Foodarama Red Scotch Bonnet
Yellow Bhut
Choco Bhut
Fla Wild
Aji Crystal
Bhut Indian Carbon
Not Black Naga
7 Pot Primo
7 Pot Congo
There's the unfamiliar list. Let me know what you think! Its happening now!

The Queen Laurie x Yellow Bhut will have some hybrid vigor and would probably do well, though it is an unproven cross... might taste good might taste meh... FL Wild and Aji Chuncho definitely do not need a huge pot...

What is the white thing in the edge of the planter?
Ha! My labels. The cup they came out of. Until I throw a respectable label in there!
The Queen Laurie x Yellow Bhut will have some hybrid vigor and would probably do well, though it is an unproven cross... might taste good might taste meh... FL Wild and Aji Chuncho definitely do not need a huge pot...
Sounds about right. I have 16 containers but 23 varieties, so naturally some didn't make the cut on the patio. The rest of the varieties and plants will go in the garden. Thanks for the input guys! I thought about sending a pm to those members who sent the seed to me, but this worked out well. Thanks again!

I cant even grasp the scale of those pots other than they are HUGE! Nice PG!

What type of aerator do you use in your mix to prevent compacting at that size?

Holy, I use perlite and vermiculite. Compost helps too.

Prodigal, it faces south! Yes the fabric keeps things breathing and the root zone temps stay very cool.

If plastic was better, I'd use it! But it's not. This from 18 years of gardening experience, many seasons of fighting flower drop, circling roots, and non living soils. There are way too many reasons why air pruning containers are superior to all other containers. They're cheaper too. Period. Go to home depot and find a plastic or clay 65 gallon container, let me know what the price is...a grower could spend their life savings buying containers from hardware stores. These fabric pots are $19 if you buy them, and that's a 65 gallon. Not to mention you can make them for even less than that! The geotextile pond underlayment, felt like material is all they are. A roll of that is darn cheap when you think about how many you could make. The shapes, sizes and designs are limitless. I still need to get the Mrs on her sewin machine to help me with that project this year!

Guru grows and practices pure organics... all homemade wormpoo and guru juice i believe... don't quote me on that.. :cool:

Back