• Blog your pepper progress. The first image in your first post will be used to represent your Glog.

Guru's 2013

It begins with a tray...

8529680870_ff959399bf.jpg

Here is the mini hop yard! Poles set, eye bolts in, guy wire ran, hops planted!

8688745355_2e56565c59_b.jpg

Here's looking at the peppers and tomatoes.

8689873638_940db7734a_b.jpg

Also got the corn and okra rows done before the rain came in. I'll be constructing boxes for the rest the veggies and working towards all raised beds next year. Raised beds are great for ensuring living soils and most importantly...I want my yard back! hahaha Enjoy the showers Georgia growers!

once you got the hops, what else do you use when you brew ?
Yeast, barley, sometimes rye, wheat or corn.
Yep, Im an all grain guy but as long as its got a fermentable sugar, water, and yeast its bound to be good :) I've used all kinds of things in the brew experiments. The Imperial Irish Porter we made even had corned beef in it. Dogfish Head used lobster in their chocolate lobster and it was delish!
Sooo when do we get to see a baby tree next to a beer bottle?
Patience young Mist. The roots are cold, damp and surveying the land of plenty :)
Hey Guru

just wanted to say a big THANKS for sharing all these informations.

I've learned a lot just reading your posts (and your glog), especially stuff regarding soil feeding & organic plant food.

Cool man! Glad we could get you pointed in the right direction! Its all about imagination ya know?

Just slammed this together about 20minñago...

8713200217_ecda92ba61_b.jpg

8714323462_49d12c7699_b.jpg

8713200387_dedf3e87a4_b.jpg

I have way too many pepper plants this year. It almost took up my whole garden space...lol Nature willing and the plants don't drown in all this rain, I'll have 93 plants....Thats far too many peppers for one man. Better make some smoke racks and get some more mason jars. How's everyone else doing? Any Georgia growers tired of this rain yet?

In va not ga, but rain and night temps of 40-55 for two weeks after transplanting has been driving me nuts and slowing growth to a crawl. I'm just hoping the roots have been going nuts, and much thicker base stems gives indication that my hopes might not be fruitless. No pun intended haha.

Back