• Blog your pepper progress. The first image in your first post will be used to represent your Glog.

Guru's 2013

It begins with a tray...

8529680870_ff959399bf.jpg

Ah yeah! Haha!

Here are the newest and last recruits for my 2013 season as far as hot peppers are concerned.

8656150438_d1b0b61c53_b.jpg

Yellow Bhuts, Brown 7 Pots, Fla Wilds and some more Praetermissums.

Also, its about that time. Getting ready for patio containers!

8657168605_741b2683e0_b.jpg

So far it's Four 65 gal, Two 45 gal, and Eight 15 gal air pruning containers.

Also got the grape and hop vines sprayed with the first AACT of the season.

And now I am jealous of your tractor Rich, gee thanks... Or is that your buddy who helped with the rows the first time around?

I'm sure you've posted what I'm going to ask elsewhere but what's your AACT recipe/s?

I've been doing battle with aphids/whiteflies for 2.5 months...and that popped my Aphid "Cherry" first time for everything right..

I don't have a set recipe, per say, I just use what's around at the moment. This time around I used compost run off and a hand full of worm castings. This was the meanest, fastest colinizing batch I've ever done though! One hour for all that foam!

I still wait for at least 24 hours. This ensures high colonization values. I pour some into my sprayer, spray the first day, then whatever is left over gets replaced back into the bubble bucket for further aeration. Each day the colonies change a bit and I get a wide array of protection over the course of three to four days. Generally AACTs start off being bacterial or protozoal and finish dominated by fungi. Changing your compost material will have an effect on this as well.

One important thing to remember is that foam isn't necessarily an indicator of a highly colonized tea. The only real way the grower knows what's up is with a scope. I've seen very foamy teas contain almost 0 microbes while teas with no foam have been full of bugs! Its all about what you put in, how much water, how much air and how much time!

Back