• Blog your pepper progress. The first image in your first post will be used to represent your Glog.

Guru's 2013

It begins with a tray...

8529680870_ff959399bf.jpg

Agree on the aphids. My first year so I wasn't sure if it was normal, but they go apeshit on my plants if I look the other way for even a day. I'm wondering if the late cold snap I had here killed off predators.

Spicegeist said:
I just ordered some native ladybugs myself...

Cayennemist said:
update? hows the magic going?

Peptacular said:
Agree on the aphids. My first year so I wasn't sure if it was normal, but they go apeshit on my plants if I look the other way for even a day. I'm wondering if the late cold snap I had here killed off predators.
Well I said no updates for a month. Its been a month. A cold, wet, aphid infested month...lol

Things were looking as if I had set out way too early this year and indeed, I did. However, the weather has warmed significantly, the skies have cleared short of the random weekend shower and the roots are starting to move through the soil! Some older foliage shows the wear and tear of aphid lust over the month, but all new growth looks rather promising. I'm literally picking aphids off each plant, individually, leaf by leaf and day by day. Hurry up lady bugs! Lower branching makes me happy though :)

Here we are:

Patio

8767794314_6d3debc6b8_b.jpg

8765035251_7a773e7379_b.jpg

8765029987_8417470ac4_b.jpg

8767784782_d923712232_b.jpg

8767788492_0b62f79ac8_b.jpg

8767789862_2e3d74da69_b.jpg

8765033221_0e90eaa1eb_b.jpg

8767791294_0482fb2ab9_b.jpg

8765034631_357c444019_b.jpg

8767786094_78d8940e74_b.jpg

More photos when this gets bumped

Must be a aphid year,

Most of my plants look like they got chewd on by a dog. It makes me feel better to know it isnt just me getting pwned by these little green bastards.

I may go to Amstrong and pick up some Ladies.

Damn I hate them damn bugs...I think I have moved past my aphid problems and moved into the aphid issue portion of the grow. Hope you get them under control soon brother! Everything's looking nice in spite of the buggie damage.

Sucks a bit about the early plant, I did the same last go around.  Good news was it only took a couple weeks to get them back on track and by the next month I couldn't even tell.  Gonna be a big year for you regardless man, you just have that  'pepper touch'. 

YeP. The little bastards can make a pageant worthy plant quickly look like something is very wrong! LoL There is also the chance that they can be carrying viruses or fungus spores and can infect a plant just by munching on it... All is well now and I'm seeing predatory insects more frequently as the weather warms up.

OK, I thought maybe it was one of your "special" tricks. Hey, I've been wondering if it's possible for slugs to climb up the sides of these cloth grow bags? I've got something munching on the leaves of several of my plants and can't figure out what is doing it.

Me too. Guess I'll have to figure out what's munching down. Was thinking of setting up a camera overnight. I've got one, a decent one, just have to figure out how to get it done.

I just gotta say...I just read through BOTH last years and this years glogs and they are the best think I've run across yet. Amazing work man. I'm in flagstaff AZ you may have drivin through here from sedona to the grand canyon. Wish I would have come across this earlier I would have invited ya out! I have a med card and have some great strains rockin as we speak. ;)

Not only that but flag has some amazing local microbrews around...theres damn good beer here!

Could've used the invite! I even put a shout out in my status while I was there! LoL...We ended up meeting up with some cool cats though. Made the trip even more awesome :) Thanks for checking out the glog!

Went to OakCreek brewery in Sedona, they were "ok". Also went to Flagstaff quite often while we were there. Went up to the peaks as well and played in the snow. The first week, we camped in Oak Creek Canyon and the second week we were in Sedona.

RPM55 said:
OK, I thought maybe it was one of your "special" tricks. Hey, I've been wondering if it's possible for slugs to climb up the sides of these cloth grow bags? I've got something munching on the leaves of several of my plants and can't figure out what is doing it.
Found out! You're not gonna believe this but its armadillidiidae! Thats right rollie pollies! They usually just eat decaying matter and wood, but given the right, tender, succulent, organically grown plant leaves, they will crawl up and chew down! I'll let them slide, they dont eat much and the work they do for the soil far out weighs the damage they do to any of my leaves :)   

Pepper-Guru said:
See him?! 

Back