• Blog your pepper progress. The first image in your first post will be used to represent your Glog.

Guru's 2013

It begins with a tray...

8529680870_ff959399bf.jpg

PIC 1 said:
That breakfest looks dynomite, just how I like my steak and eggs, rare and yokes ready to burst. I'll bring over some Ketel One BloodyMary's
 Just picked up a bottle myself! Love KettleOne. They do it in small batches I beleive so from time to time, you get a real bottle of gold!  
MGOLD86 said:
How could you forget the best part???
I drank it too quickly for the photo op! :)

Let's see. Last year and for the past several years I have been growing hot peppers, I usually had 6-8 plants. This year I have 50+. I don't think of it as a problem, just an opportunity to pick more peppers and melt my face.

NateFrentz said:
How many hours of direct sunlight does your porch get?

The camera is facing west there in that shot so the ones closest to me get around 10 hours. The ones behind Charley get around 8. 
thismembername said:
Dude, hook those gutters up to rain barrels
That's in the works for sure. You see the white barrel already there, need one more and we're in business. Wanna know something really cool? I haven't watered the plants since I transplanted them a month and a half ago! Same with the in ground plants. Gotta love mulch! 

Haha ... hey right back at you Charley!!  Can't wait to see these beast plants in a month or twos time ... I am just in the process of trying to find those smart pots / Root Pouch planters over here in Australia ... no luck :(

Pepper-Guru said:
Use the pond underlayment! Its cheap and you can make them as big as you want or in any shape! That's all they are....geotextile pond underlayment.
Haha awesome thanks bro ... just looked that up and there are at least 2 places already I have seen with that in stock and its cheap!! Big bonus. Would you just use a circle of it for the base and stitch it together with something like florist wire?? Great idea massive thanks !!
Sorry for all the questions but would you go with woven like this:

http://www.waterscapesaustralia.com.au/products-page/pond_liner/pondliner-underlay-geotextile-2m-wide-per-lineal-metre/
Or non-woven needle punched like this

http://www.pondlinersaustralia.com.au/pond-underlay-3-0-x-1-9m-grey/

??

Whew Guru, just made a marathon read through to present. Great info and the plants and patio are looking great! Were I to try that bucket-o-stank though, the HOA would be looking for a rope and a tall tree :)

I also appreciate all the posts you've made about AACT. I'm getting ready to start my first brew, and speaking of brews, we need to see some of those Home brews you don't always mention ;)

Have a great weekend!

Yeah, the design is just a circle for the bottom, and a wide strip for the sidewall circle. Some even use a bead of construction adhesive.
RocketMan said:
Whew Guru, just made a marathon read through to present. Great info and the plants and patio are looking great! Were I to try that bucket-o-stank though, the HOA would be looking for a rope and a tall tree :)

I also appreciate all the posts you've made about AACT. I'm getting ready to start my first brew, and speaking of brews, we need to see some of those Home brews you don't always mention ;)

Have a great weekend!
Brewing one todday dude! I'll post some pics :)

You've got so much on your plate. You definitely inspire; showing that we all have more time to do more things than we think.

Can't wait to see your garden grow. I'm going to get myself some of that pool underlayment. I have 18 gallon plastic totes that I get from Wally World for 7-8 bucks but I'd rather not. The price was right though.

I put 60lbs of fish in the ground this year, a few inches under the plant's root zone. I was going to make a pressurized feeding system (that I'd make fish hydrolysate in) out of a 55 gallon steel drum but on pressure testing, the bottom of the barrel bubbled with only 12lbs of pressure in it. We decided to put a hold on that project...lol we've got a lot of things in the works. We're trying to go to a raised bed garden as well. We just keep adding more soil/compost/other amendments yearly. Just need to find some free railroad ties.

Keep up the good fight PG!

Back