• Blog your pepper progress. The first image in your first post will be used to represent your Glog.

Guru's Garden - Traveling the World in Search of Peppers

Just starting this glog now so it's one less thing to do in a few months when I'm knee deep in compost and getting things in the ground.

Not much to report at the moment. Strains yet to be determined, but I'll probably end up growing too many like always...lol

Only thing that's going on right now is a clean back patio and the chickens doing their part turning over my compost pile on the daily. Intersted in seeing how the soil microbes appreciate the added chicken poop!

12160459874_edc8a4473f_b.jpg

12160725676_2031da1016_b.jpg

Hope everyone has had a decent winter so far and here's to happy germination!

12161422126_10d10e2e41_z.jpg

EDIT UPDATE: This glog has turned into an ongoing overwintering, greenhouse and soil building how-to!

PaulG said:
Are the Fatali seeds you got back the ones
that produced your Fatali mother plant that
I remember from your 2012 grow log?

Yes. They are actually older and getting some perfect fruit and plants out of them. Really excited about that. Even got a an old line from a friend in Africa...which is turning out quite good as well. I'm covered in great fatalii this year and I love that. They really are my favorite of all time. 

Pepper-Guru said:

Yes. They are actually older and getting some perfect fruit and plants out of them. Really excited about that. Even got a an old line from a friend in Africa...which is turning out quite good as well. I'm covered in great fatalii this year and I love that. They really are my favorite of all time. 
I would love to trade for some of those legacy
Fatali descendants' seed this Fall. I haven't
grown a decent Fatali plant in years.

I can relate on the seed saving.  I just keep everything in the house at room temp.  I know some refrigerate or freeze their seeds, which  I keep on saying I'm going to do someday, but haven't yet.  Bagging blossom's is another thing I keep thinking I need to do.  Khang star has a good video on that.

roper2008 said:
I can relate on the seed saving.  I just keep everything in the house at room temp.  I know some refrigerate or freeze their seeds, which  I keep on saying I'm going to do someday, but haven't yet.  Bagging blossom's is another thing I keep thinking I need to do.  Khang star has a good video on that.

Cheap mosquito nets (like 3.50/per) are the way I've been going lately. You get to save everything :) 

48661118042_1d39f2707e_b.jpg

Edaxflamma said:
Would mind sharing your supplier for those nets? I haven't been able to find anything that large or inexpensive and those look phenomenal. 

I shop around on alibaba and dhgate until I find a vendor that has what I want and will modify the design for me. Generally get them at around 3.30/per and always order 100  or more. Shipping is free and arrives from China/Korea within a few days.

I can't believe the great color is still there!!!!!!!

Will you isolate a few pods for me, please? Just in case mine break color or never get spiky........

Here's my Black Naga x Peri-Peri F3 unripened........non-professional pics. Lol
qJ8r2BJ.jpg

Buo2Trg.jpg

EDIT:
I managed to get an isolated pod on your Wild Galapagos Frutescens (........along with a pod that I crossed with CGN 22184)
2HlwMd1.jpg

Here's the CGN 22184---Peach Frutescens
7cm6yzS.jpg

A few Rhomboideum flowers. Also from your seeds.
3Z6JGty.jpg

Back