• Blog your pepper progress. The first image in your first post will be used to represent your Glog.

Guru's Glog 2012

Is it that time again already? Feels like yesterday I was picking final harvests, disonnecting drip lines out in the garden and digging up pepper plants for the winter. Where does the time go?

Anyhow, I see people are already in full swing here on THP. What a lovely site. I'll be the first to admit, I'm running a little late this year, but I have an excuse I'm prepared to live with....

7114685757_d5b074d6e4_c.jpg

7114685603_0acb6dcd4c_z.jpg

6968607380_a4a7756a49_z.jpg

7114686617_7b5269c7f7_c.jpg

:P I needed a vacation! Well that, and a good friend of mine asked if I wanted to open up a restaurant in Thailand. Who says no to that? Not I.

We had a great time. Its paradise, and very cheap. Above all, as a chili head, Thai food is a gift from God himself. I ate better and fresher food than you could ever get in the US, for pennies a meal. The trip was awesome. I think Im even suffering from seperation anxiety...lol I couldn't even begin to go into all the things that happened on this trip, without this starting to sound like more of a blog than a GLOG, so I'll spare you guys for now.

Anyway, down to business. Before I left, I started a 72 cell super hot tray and pulled the mothers from last year outside.

7000565561_e6ea3f306c.jpg

6853788736_d8471419a5.jpg

6953290335_44f7660374.jpg

The lady bugs went to work on the mothers, and I felt confident that Mrs. Guru could take care of the germination while I was away.

6854454322_62e0e740d0.jpg

Now, I'd be lying if I said I never worried for a second while I was away. I had already started my seeds a week or two later than usual and now I was going to be gone while they were supposed to be "born"....lol but I knew the better option for my sanity was to let go, remember I was on vacation and not think about the seeds. Im glad I did, because the ole lady did ok! :P

I got back, germ rates were near 100% and it was on to potting up!

7114682885_8d4046f56a.jpg

Quick make shift shade house for the tender seedlings after a transplant and a break in the clouds.

6968607084_b90b8da498.jpg

I noticed that too prodigal! Usually the leaf edges are wavey on the real bhuts. Freaked me out at first BC I thought I missed a beat on my pod isolation last year, but the pods are pumping out true so far so maybe its just a fluke. I'll see when the first one ripens. Should have that thin yellow wall inside, with that Assam body odor, cheese aroma :)

I am noticing both types of leaves on mine. I could always tell my bhuts from my other young plants indoors. They had that wavy edge and tapered to a point.

I always eat her out right...i mean outright! Lol! Chris, canning is a familiar stranger for me. I dabble in the past, but am making it a point to do as much as possible this year. I need to pick again already!

Oh Chris, my apologies for not showing up Sunday night, rehearsal went on forever and it was far too late. I'll make it up dude.

No worries... 'cept you missed out on the IPA's ... Will catch up soon... Have a great weekend!

those pods are a thing of beauty! hopefully mine start to get a little bigger! great growing and thanks again for your contribution to showing how organics can out produce synthetics! i greatly enjoy watching the growth of all yout plants!

Good thing going on there!

Not sure why but it seems I didn`t eat any of the fatalii you sent last year. Must have went straight to the feezer!?!

Anyways, put some on the grill from the freezer for toppings on hamburgers and such... OMG! They are the hottest fatalii we ever had the experience of trying!!!!

Back