• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

Had to do it...

I hear the sound of taps in the background for they were some beauties. You might of been able to put sheets over them and place a light under one or two plants and kept them for a lil while but its like every good thing in this world has come to an end sooner or later. Great job

awesome cropage dude!

Potawie is the master, we are his grasshoppers! Heed is wise words!!!

seriously he is the Pepper Master, but do get yourself a dehydrator you will not regret it.

Fantastic display of peppers..Just so sad to see them die of is it not,But you must be happy with your second year success as the plants are fantastic and Welcome to :)

smokendude, great plants, im sad to see them go...
alright it seems like everyone else is growing way larger peppers than me, what are you guys doing that im not?

Wow... I feel like I'm in a different world... with post after post the last two weeks talking about frost this and frost that. In So Calif, the only frost we might deal with is in our freezers.

That frost forced harvest is beautiful by the way.

shredster said:
Wow... I feel like I'm in a different world... with post after post the last two weeks talking about frost this and frost that. In So Calif, the only frost we might deal with is in our freezers.

That frost forced harvest is beautiful by the way.
Massive Anchos Batman!:!:
Wow It's gets cold In Oregon.
By the Afternoon on the US temp loop, we have a large triangular shape over Alabama.
graphi1437.jpg

graphi1436.jpg

Different worlds indeed. I lived in Huntington Beach, CA, for over 40 years. There was no such thing as a growing season down there. Now I live in a town of only 623 households with two traffic signals. Been here a few years now and still learning how to cope with the seasons, but you could not pay me enough to go back.

Yanked all but the hab plant yesterday. Figured it was easier to clean up before the leaves dropped. Just uproot and chuck over the fence and into the forest. A few deer were back there this morning and I was wondering if they were munching some hot stuff. :hell:

smokeNdude said:
Different worlds indeed. I lived in Huntington Beach, CA, for over 40 years. There was no such thing as a growing season down there. Now I live in a town of only 623 households with two traffic signals. Been here a few years now and still learning how to cope with the seasons, but you could not pay me enough to go back.

Yanked all but the hab plant yesterday. Figured it was easier to clean up before the leaves dropped. Just uproot and chuck over the fence and into the forest. A few deer were back there this morning and I was wondering if they were munching some hot stuff. :hell:

I know you’re only being figurative in your comment but you would never get paid to come back and if you ever did want to come back you would have to pay dearly to move back. So many people I know who move out of state into smaller towns, the ‘slow lane’ sort to speak, ended up wanting to come back in a few years but couldn't afford it because they sold all their equity and lowered their cost of living to the point that coming back was too big of a hurdle. Not that this would be the case with you because you sound content.

With all those years under your belt in HB did you surf? If so, do you now? I know there is a pretty good surf culture up there in OR and plenty of good surf albeit cold. I might consider a move too someday for a more peaceful pace but I could never live away from where the ocean meets the shore.

EDIT---> I thought I picked up on somewhere that you now reside in Oregon... maybe I'm wrong??

teh purple penguins said:
smokeNdude

I love when someone has to point out the obvious... ok, I feel dumb. Funny part was that I did see Oregon 'somewhere' probably where you pointed it out and then after my comments relative to Oregon, I saw "Southwest" and did not glance down at Oregon on the next line. So Arizona he's not :P

Back